creepy/scary things that have happened to you

One time I woke up in the middle of the night and I was levitating above my bed! i was stuck 3 ft. above my bed for like 3 minutes then I just dropped...

cocaine's a hell of a drug..

After i first watched the exorcist it has night i heard strange noises on my bathroom i was like in panic also my dog was crazy so i though it could be a robber i picked a flashlight open my bathroom and nothing has there but strangely my dirt clothes are all on the floor i was like going mad i listend to some music and sleeped i guess only halucanations lol is so strange those things

Last edited:
I was alone at home, it was afternoon, and I was lying on my bed watching a video on my laptop. I was too sleepy, so I just put the notebook aside, and slept. I was having a weird dream, then it ended and I started to wake up, but I wasn't completely awake. I could feel my body and kind sense my bedroom around me. Then I felt something behind me, near my bedroom's door, and I knew someone was there. The spirit or whatever it was, seemed to notice me and came close to me. I tried to scream, but no sound came out. The spirit grabbed both of my legs and started raising them in the air, and I really felt my legs going up. Them he released my legs, only to start raising them again. I still tried to scream, with no success. Them the spirit grabbed my hands and did the same thing. When he grabbed my hands, I really felt something holding my hands, it was really creepy. I finally manage to pull off a weak scream, and I finally completely woke up. I still don't know if that was a really creepy dream or if there was a spirit there trying to take me somewhere :p

That's the worst. You can only wheeze very faintly right?

NOTE: This girl is a psycho, she was trying to kill herself before and the cops shut down the street to try and save here, and which they did. Anyways, I remember i was walking outside going to school, then the psycho girl started yelling at me "Come here my husband" about 20 feet away, then she started screaming that at me running towards me. I barley was able to unlock my door and get in my house! Then she started swearing at my door banning on it.....i didn't leave my house for 2 days.

On more than one occasion I've thought of something without any indication that it'll happen and it has. I one day was positive my science teacher was off ill. He was. That was the strangest one. The morning I once left the house I knew I'd have a car accident. I did. Then five seconds before the ***** came around the corner I knew I'd bump into someone I hated that day. Coincidense I'm sure. If only I really did have a super power. The it would be lottery numbers here I come!

I saw something streak across the sky once and it flashed once in the distance. Must have been some debries burning up in the atmosphere but at the time I couldn't explain it.

Last edited:
On more than one occasion I've thought of something without any indication that it'll happen and it has. I one day was positive my science teacher was off ill. He was. That was the strangest one. The morning I once left the house I knew I'd have a car accident. I did. Then five seconds before the ***** came around the corner I knew I'd bump into someone I hated that day. Coincidense I'm sure. If only I really did have a super power. The it would be lottery numbers here I come!

I saw something streak across the sky once and it flashed once in the distance. Must have been some debries burning up in the atmosphere but at the time I couldn't explain it.
that reminds me when i loved D12 back in the day, i woke up and i knew something happened to one of their members and one of their members was dead, i go online and there it was RIP proof, i have had a few instances like that and i have never seen that movie Shang "T" Sung

honest to God on my life when i was little, i took off my pants to get into my PJs ya know? so i left em on the floor, and hand to God i could have sworn they got up and danced i was so scared lol

honest to God on my life when i was little, i took off my pants to get into my PJs ya know? so i left em on the floor, and hand to God i could have sworn they got up and danced i was so scared lol
pants are not ment to dance :p ................and lol maatthew the mind can do funny things without drugs :p

NOTE: This girl is a psycho, she was trying to kill herself before and the cops shut down the street to try and save here, and which they did. Anyways, I remember i was walking outside going to school, then the psycho girl started yelling at me "Come here my husband" about 20 feet away, then she started screaming that at me running towards me. I barley was able to unlock my door and get in my house! Then she started swearing at my door banning on it.....i didn't leave my house for 2 days.

Thats bizarre... but her life is a personal tragedy for her. I've worked with schizophrenics, borderlines, addicts, etc. in internships. I know its socially acceptable to call people "psycho" and "nutcase" and other dismissive terms but unless you understand what mental illness is, it's just as cruel, if not crueler than calling someone a "******". No offense.

Scary, right? Alot of people have premonitory dreams or senses. It's not supernatural; it's actually because in our consciousness we take in all sorts of information and cues from whats going on around us, but we focus our mental faculties on certain things. For instance if me and you were talking, you'd focus on our convo, but if you saw a dude coughing his lungs up in the street your brain would take that into account but still focus on our convo. You go home and dream that a guy was really, really sick with lung problems, and you feel deja vu the next day that you see on the newspaper a homeless man was found dead on the street from lung failure.

Two years ago before my current girlfriend I had this one very bizarre girlfriend. One night I woke up from a dream where the girl (who was by all means very conservative) was giving this drug dealer a lapdance and giving me the middle finger (this was like two months into the relationship and still the "honeymoon" phase), so I woke up sweating and feeling really angry and confused. A few weeks later I started noticing things about her, and found out she was very fond of lying. In fact, she lied like people didn't matter. And then I was warned by a couple of people that this girl kicked out her room mate who was grieving her father's death because she wanted to study, and the two had fought and gotten nasty. Then I started picking up on her lying to me and talking very badly about other people. Then, three months into an official relationship this girl simply vanished for weeks and when I called her worried she told me that I was crazy for thinking we were together, and that I was "below" her and she never kissed me, like multiple times among other things. People with sociopathic traits do not just "start" their behavior like a switch, they exhibit it little by little over time until they feel free enough to be themselves. Perhaps I was unconsciously picking up all her inconsistencies and unpleasant behaviors, and the dream itself was trying to say something like "this girl isn't who she says she is" and basically showing me what I miss picking up on when I idealized her...like the times when she would be mean to or arrogant to other people... nonetheless, premonitory dreams are one of the most interesting topics in psychology.

Last edited:
Thats bizarre... but her life is a personal tragedy for her. I've worked with schizophrenics, borderlines, addicts, etc. in internships. I know its socially acceptable to call people "psycho" and "nutcase" and other dismissive terms but unless you understand what mental illness is, it's just as cruel, if not crueler than calling someone a "******". No offense.
as someone with a few mental disorders its easy for others to percive your behaviour as psychotic so its understandable that people use those words so freely i think mental illness is the hardest cause if someone cant walk, everyone can see that but if its something mental than its hard to understand if you know what i mean(thats why research into mental illness/depression ect is so low compared to other causes)

something that happened to me was I was walking to the kitchen to turn the light off (it was like 2AM), and as soon as I plug the cord out.... BAM!! something hits me on the shoulder, like a fist, I immediately turn around to see who it was, but their was nobody their...... I stood their for like a minute just freak out, then I went to my room thinking what the hell just happened

My story really isn't scary, I didn't want to say what I realize after standing there looking at the empty space behind me cause I wanted to add some mystery to my story. What really happened was that as I pulled the cord, I got shock with the electric current, why felt it on my shoulder is still a mystery to me

In a house where i use to live, i would lay down get ready to go to bed and then the bed would start to shake as if someone was moving it. it would stop when i look around to see if anyone here but then start again when i close my eyes. idk what cause it to happen but it would do it in other rooms too.

Scary, right? Alot of people have premonitory dreams or senses. It's not supernatural; it's actually because in our consciousness we take in all sorts of information and cues from whats going on around us, but we focus our mental faculties on certain things. For instance if me and you were talking, you'd focus on our convo, but if you saw a dude coughing his lungs up in the street your brain would take that into account but still focus on our convo. You go home and dream that a guy was really, really sick with lung problems, and you feel deja vu the next day that you see on the newspaper a homeless man was found dead on the street from lung failure.

Two years ago before my current girlfriend I had this one very bizarre girlfriend. One night I woke up from a dream where the girl (who was by all means very conservative) was giving this drug dealer a lapdance and giving me the middle finger (this was like two months into the relationship and still the "honeymoon" phase), so I woke up sweating and feeling really angry and confused. A few weeks later I started noticing things about her, and found out she was very fond of lying. In fact, she lied like people didn't matter. And then I was warned by a couple of people that this girl kicked out her room mate who was grieving her father's death because she wanted to study, and the two had fought and gotten nasty. Then I started picking up on her lying to me and talking very badly about other people. Then, three months into an official relationship this girl simply vanished for weeks and when I called her worried she told me that I was crazy for thinking we were together, and that I was "below" her and she never kissed me, like multiple times among other things. People with sociopathic traits do not just "start" their behavior like a switch, they exhibit it little by little over time until they feel free enough to be themselves. Perhaps I was unconsciously picking up all her inconsistencies and lies before the dream, and the dream itself was trying to say something like "this girl isn't who she says she is"... nonetheless, premonitory dreams are one of the most interesting topics in psychology.
that reminds me of my ex, she was amazing at lying and it took me forever to figure it out, i do not understand how one can lie to another while looking them in the eye(someone they suposedly love) thats why i am so interested in psychology partly because i want to understand the human mind and why people do things but partly because of the few mental disorders i have, its all interesting to me though

In a house where i use to live, i would lay down get ready to go to bed and then the bed would start to shake as if someone was moving it. it would stop when i look around to see if anyone here but then start again when i close my eyes. idk what cause it to happen but it would do it in other rooms too.
thats scary that reminds me of when i went on a boat ride i went to bed and felt my bed moving exacly as the boat did when it was not moving, it was just my mind messing with me but its kinda similar, that would have been scary though
My story really isn't scary, I didn't want to say what I realize after standing there looking at the empty space behind me cause I wanted to add some mystery to my story. What really happened was that as I pulled the cord, I got shock with the electric current, why felt it on my shoulder is still a mystery to me
the body works in really strange ways sometimes, pity i dont know why the electricity jumped to your shoulder, maybe that is just where it stopped.

EDIT sorry for the double post i thought that the board would reconise that it was a double post and merge the 2 posts(i think it did it before with one of my posts either that or i am imagining things)

that reminds me of my ex, she was amazing at lying and it took me forever to figure it out, i do not understand how one can lie to another while looking them in the eye(someone they suposedly love) thats why i am so interested in psychology partly because i want to understand the human mind and why people do things but partly because of the few mental disorders i have, its all interesting to me though

You should see Lie To Me, sad Fox isn't going to renew it....

as someone with a few mental disorders its easy for others to percive your behaviour as psychotic so its understandable that people use those words so freely i think mental illness is the hardest cause if someone cant walk, everyone can see that but if its something mental than its hard to understand if you know what i mean(thats why research into mental illness/depression ect is so low compared to other causes)

And so much of the human experience is judged by socialization. Someone whose behavior is considered abnormal is scary, not only because they are "unpredictable" (everyone is predictable actually, including the Joker) and different, but because people attach a threat to them. "BC they are so whacky whose to say their judgment won't stop them from killing me!" But the truth is that most people with psychosis and other Axis I mental health problems like Bipolar Disorder are FAR less likely to be a threat than someone with a personality disorder. While a personality disorder is considered a mental health issue, it's not a disease, as in, it's not hereditary or due to brain matter or chemicals like schizophrenia and BP. It's a set of really, maladaptive attitudes and behaviors that were learned from parents/environment and make up the person's personality. Most serial killers had antisocial personality disorder (sociopathy) and not schizophrenia (with the exception of Ed Gein). Yet people rely on intuition, which is really just a very poor snap judgment based on little evidence made when one feels pressure. So they'll be FAR more likely to point fingers and dismiss (or back in the day, burn in the stake, brand, put on a rack, waterboard, rape) someone with mental illness because its easier and humans are risk-aversive; they'd rather not take the chance.

It's very hard to understand because really understanding mental illness doesn't come from books. It comes from being there and seeing it, either yourself, or someone you know suffering from it. And psychology is still considered a "soft science" by arrogant snobs up in the echelons of modern science. Medicine has always been physical, psychiatry is a physical approach to mental illness, and psychology/psychoanalysis is given a bad rap because no one has the patience or will (and no one's insurance wants to pay) to take protracted therapy for years and own up to serious demons that they have; they'd rather pop a pill and piss on Freud. Anyway. It takes a lot to come out like that, it's very admirable.

Diatribe ooooovveeerrrrrrr

Not everyone who lies is purposeful- some people can't help it, they have low self-esteem, or sometimes people lie not to hurt your feelings- but yeah people like your ex-girlfriend or any partner who lies habitually to their partner for a long time, there's an element of dehumanization/dismissiveness to it. They feel superior to and justified to lie because in their eyes you'll never find out or even if you do, it wouldn't matter cause they know they got you. People with sociopathic traits often pick people who are easy to manipulate or who are simply too nice or gullible because it's hard when you've been manipulated/lied to by someone you love to be vindictive or even to end the relationship. They sort of bank of on the fact that you are too emotionally attached to let go, so they'll use you and dispose you.

And so much of the human experience is judged by socialization. Someone whose behavior is considered abnormal is scary, not only because they are "unpredictable" (everyone is predictable actually, including the Joker) and different, but because people attach a threat to them. "BC they are so whacky whose to say their judgment won't stop them from killing me!" But the truth is that most people with psychosis and other Axis I mental health problems like Bipolar Disorder are FAR less likely to be a threat than someone with a personality disorder. While a personality disorder is considered a mental health issue, it's not a disease, as in, it's not hereditary or due to brain matter or chemicals like schizophrenia and BP. It's a set of really, maladaptive attitudes and behaviors that were learned from parents/environment and make up the person's personality. Most serial killers had antisocial personality disorder (sociopathy) and not schizophrenia (with the exception of Ed Gein). Yet people rely on intuition, which is really just a very poor snap judgment based on little evidence made when one feels pressure. So they'll be FAR more likely to point fingers and dismiss (or back in the day, burn in the stake, brand, put on a rack, waterboard, rape) someone with mental illness because its easier and humans are risk-aversive; they'd rather not take the chance.

It's very hard to understand because really understanding mental illness doesn't come from books. It comes from being there and seeing it, either yourself, or someone you know suffering from it. And psychology is still considered a "soft science" by arrogant snobs up in the echelons of modern science. Medicine has always been physical, psychiatry is a physical approach to mental illness, and psychology/psychoanalysis is given a bad rap because no one has the patience or will (and no one's insurance wants to pay) to take protracted therapy for years and own up to serious demons that they have; they'd rather pop a pill and piss on Freud. Anyway. It takes a lot to come out like that, it's very admirable.

Diatribe ooooovveeerrrrrrr
Thank you, i find your posts on this topic interesting, i guess its as simple as people fear what they do not understand that is usually part of human nature, tbh i sometimes get confused between the 2 , in most cases people with mental health issues are harmless but people do not understand that.

people are not patient enough also is another reason why so much research into mental health just does not exist, i have not actually been dianosed with anything so i cant say what i have for sure :p but something is not right up there :p thats life though could be alot worse so who am i to complain.

lucky mental health issues have gone much futher along than when someone had OCD or depression or something and they were just seperated from everyone, all this stuff makes me wonder who i am i? do i control myself or does my brain control who am i? your brain controls how you feel by releasing chemicals and those chemicals affect who you are and how you feel

its strange to wonder if you can control yourself, i think many humans have the illusion of control, most people think things they do not want to think and act in ways they do not want to want to act so thats why its hard for me to believe that humans have much control, am i making the desicions or is my brain doing that for me and where does me and my brain seperate?

i dont expect you to answer im just putting some things out there to ponder
Not everyone who lies is purposeful- some people can't help it, they have low self-esteem, or sometimes people lie not to hurt your feelings- but yeah people like your ex-girlfriend or any partner who lies habitually to their partner for a long time, there's an element of dehumanization/dismissiveness to it. They feel superior to and justified to lie because in their eyes you'll never find out or even if you do, it wouldn't matter cause they know they got you. People with sociopathic traits often pick people who are easy to manipulate or who are simply too nice or gullible because it's hard when you've been manipulated/lied to by someone you love to be vindictive or even to end the relationship. They sort of bank of on the fact that you are too emotionally attached to let go, so they'll use you and dispose you.

true people do sometimes have compulsive lying and no matter how much self loathing that may cause them they still cannot stop i think my ex was of the second she had her uses for me and then disposed of me once she was done which i am very glad of cause i dont need her in my life(though she did come back a few times but after the 3rd time of pretending to try to be my friend i just told her she had her chance and then blocked her), i just find what i do not understand interesting and i might watch the show lie to me it sounds interesting.

and btw thank you for the rep J. Valjean