Current Patch Notes/ Future Patch Notes/ Upcoming DLC

kaballer

As discussed by Tom Brady on the S1lent1 show. Will continue to update for you guys.

current patch notes (this patch is only a quick fix, not full patch):

1. Kung Lao damage nerf by around 20% on high combos.
2. Reptile damage nerf by around 12% on high combos.
3. Sub Zero damage nerf by around 2% (but in the corner do: jp 224 freeze, step back, b12, 214 x ray to get 55% damage, same as his old corner combo). Sub Zero damage buff on frozen opponents.
no patching ex ground freeze because it's a reset that requires both parties to guess
4. Kano has been buffed. Can still fuzzy guard Kano's combo. Kano F3 changed to low. Kano ball damage toned down. Kano ball is seriously safe (only Raiden's superman, Lao's spin, Reptile's dash can punish it now) :D you can try a throw attempt on him if you're not one of those characters.
5. Sheeva gets a damage buff on combos. work with her 50/50 mix-ups. low throw has armor, unlike regular throw, to stop people from crouching and mashing D1 D1 D1..
6. Baraka corner infinite taken away. Baraka gets a damage buff on combos. Baraka got increased combo potential (such as after chopchop). F2 is now overhead. B31 is a true popup.
7. Sonya block infinite is gone: cannot be done if you crouch block. But her ability to stun has been completely raped.
8. Kabal damage nerf by around 2% on combos. Hitbox decreased after B121. Block infinite is still there.
9. Sindel infinite is still there.
10. Noob's B1214 does less damage now, but no significant nerfs for him.
11. No nerfs or buffs with Jade, Ermac.
12. Scorpion damage nerf by around 2% on combos.
13. Nightwolf damage nerf by around 2% on combos.
14. Cyrax net reset is gone.
15. Stryker x-ray hitbox fixed. No longer beat by wake-up attacks.
16. Liu Kang damage nerf by around 2% on combos.

in 2 weeks full patch will be released by NRS:

1. Kabal block infinite removed. Dash recovery time changed.
2. Sonya's ability to stun will be buffed again. block infinite will still be gone, but turned into more of a trap situation.
3. Cyrax bomb trap won't have same advantage (now a 50/50, not a 100%). 10 frames not 2 frames. 1 is the break command. mash 1 after getting hit by the net!
4. Nightwolf throw no longer punished by reptiles dash. Nightwolf F3 will never be a low.
5. Quan Chi getting a nerf. Not a buff. Rune trap removed.
6. Sindel infinite removed. But gets launcher and B3 scream.
7. Smoke OTG removed.
8. Kitana fans nerfed because 70% was ridiculous
9. Noob's black hole will not be different. "will still remain kind of worthless."
10. Jax will not be buffed.
11. Net code will be "much much much better." Less input delay. Less choppy.
12. Training mode will not be fixed in this patch. But sometime in the future.
13. Reptile's and Ermac's hitbox will not be fixed.
14. Tracking fix on teleport will not be fixed.
15. Cyber Sub-Zero's bomb is going to be fixed in some way, not sure of how yet.
16. Raiden will not be nerfed.
17. All parry glitches removed.
18. Baraka may, keyword may, get a juggle off of his spin.
19. Sub Zero crouching 11 corner freeze glitch/ double freeze will be removed.
20. Sub Zero will not get a ground freeze buff.

Upcoming DLC:

1. Klassic Costumes available soon after full patch
2. Skarlet available around same time as full patch
3. Skarlet will be A+ tier.
4. Kenshi will not be available the same time as Skarlet
5. Kenshi will be a totally different character. More emphasis on him being a swordsman.
6. Bo Rai Cho is not coming as DLC.
7. Motaro is not coming as DLC.
8. If DLC characters sell well, NRS will continue to release them for quite some time.

Last edited:
Thank u sir, a little disappointed they didn't do anything to block Scorpion's Hell's Fire and that they nerfed SZ a bit but oh well

+rep

5. Quan Chi getting a NERF. Not a BUFF.

Why is this a surprise, he's crazy good. I played against the best Quan Chi user tonight and there was pretty much nothing I could do. I would seriously have to go HAM to beat him. The Bar drainer special move is ridiculous.

Why is this a surprise, he's crazy good. I played against the best Quan Chi user tonight and there was pretty much nothing I could do. I would seriously have to go HAM to beat him. The Bar drainer special move is ridiculous.

Not surprised, bro, just emphasizing it to all the nonbelievers who insist that Quan Chi sucks.

Yeah, Quan Chi can only do 1 trap string now, but I dont mind, as long as he has 1. I think i'm doing just fine without the entire trap anyways. A lot of characters really needed these nerfs, I am totally for today's patch

Damage buff on Sheeva? I didn't really need that but ok thanks. They need to fix her 2,1,2,F+1 the last hit should be overhead and hit a crouch blocking opponent and sometimes it doesn't. Must be a bug.

You're going to get flamed for this.

But goddamit I'm standing right by you and you're statement and getting flamed too!

I got your back too man, keep that in mind.

Dang bmsirhc, It only took a couple seconds for you to defend Brady... again...
Although, it is clear that NRS's initiative is to get into the tourney scenes like mvc3 and ssf4. Though, it helps the American fighter rivalry revive to a new generation.

Last edited:
Now hes saying "every mortal kombat game is garbage"

And this is where I have a problem with the whole "tournament scene." Tom Brady can know his role and shut his mouth. Mortal Kombat 1 - MK vs. DC Universe WERE NOT MADE FOR TOURNAMENT PLAY! Now this stream is beginning to piss me off.

MK9 was meant for tournament play and they are doing a good job at it by fixing patches but to call the entire MK franchise "garbage" because it isnt tournament worthy? yeah I have a problem with this

all fighting games should be made for tournament play other wise it wouldnt be considered a good fighting game.

Not a good fighting game essentially means not a good game since after all MK is a fighting game. Theyre not going to purposely make a crappy game.

fighting..you know two guys going at it, kicking each others asses? Boxing, mma..fighting are all competitive.

all fighting games should be made for tournament play other wise it wouldnt be considered a good fighting game.

Not a good fighting game essentially means not a good game since after all MK is a fighting game. Theyre not going to purposely make a not good game.

fighting..you know two guys going at it, kicking each others asses? Boxing, mma..fighting are all competitive.

I see what you mean, but think about when fighters came out. Street fighter 1 was not a tournament level game with the selection of 2 characters, it was a fighting game. It was very good because it really helped get all the other ones started.

Not a good fighting game essentially means not a good game since after all MK is a fighting game. Theyre not going to purposely make a not good game.

Fighters don't have to made tournament worthy to be considered good fighting games.

Its about fun. This tournament stuff comes second. If the game wasn't fun, people would only come out to the tournaments for the money.

Whens the current patch hitting, I don't see the change in Kungs and Reptiles damage if its out now lol.
Also will sheevas back toward 3 grab be made unblockable?