RAIN Redesign

Trilogy

This is a semi-redesign i did of rain, i implemented is MKA look in her pretty heavily, but tried to make him look more agile, like a ninja rather than more like a prince.

2vl62oz.jpg

the little drawings around him are for special moves and fatalities, but i pretty much just used those that already exists with a few exceptions

Special moves:
Shocking Bolt (raises arm and a bold comes down to strike opponent. should be a blockable stun move)
Water Blast (shoots stream of water at the opponent)
The Slip (turns into water, sliding under the opponents feet, to the opposite side of them making them slip like subzeros old ground freeze, he is then able to attack the busy opponent)
Windy Feet (propelling himself forward with a kick)
Mind Control Orb (shoots orb like Reptile, but when it hits he is able to control the direction the opponent goes for a short time)

Fatalities:
1. All Dried Up- he removes all the water fromt the opponents body, leaving them all dried up and gross, he then super round houses the opponent, whom you can hear gasping and freaking out

2. When Lightning Strikes- he strikes the opponent with lighting, stunning them as it does, he laughs then throws his fist into the air, and with a "fist pump" like movement he keeps shocking the opponent until they are completely fried, where then they fall to the ground. IT says rain wins, where he will be laughing, and delivers the last bolt, which caused the opponent to explode, then it says FATALITY.

3.Take a Breather- rain does one of his mind control water orbs, which goes over the opponents head, suffocating them. They struggle desperately to breath but are unable to, Rain sits back and laughs at them. Eventually he stops and moves his hands in a neck snapping motion, which causes the orb to turn and snap the opponents neck

Babality
The first line of the song "Purple Rain" plays and he gets happy, but then it goes off, and he starts to cry, which starts to flood the stage

For Rain, i want it to be more like he is taking the water out of the air and stuff like that, more like the manipulation of water rather than the production of it, but his moves don't really say this. but, then again, he is kind of a demigod, and the production of water may make sense, idk

EDIT: okay, if some of you are wondering why he as that yin yang like symbol on his chest, i wanted to incorporate the Kamidogu for Edinia into his attire, because i feel like they were just some small thing in deception, but really, story wise their PRETTY BIG and so, i thought it should be more evident and upfront that these things exist as a bit of foreshadowing

Tell me what you guys think.

Last edited:
good ideas and good design! he'll probably look something similar to this if they give him hair like Smoke and his alt will probably have a hood. I especially liked your lightning fatality idea, would love to see it like that. such an amazing fatality and a move, I hope he has it like in MKT, raising one hand and striking the opponent with lightning and seeing them all blue and their bones and shocked. maybe some smoke too like MKT. if it's not too much trouble for you, I'd like to see this design colored as well. good job!

edit: the babality idea made me lol :p good one ;)

dude that was epic!
seriously you should send NRS this page so they can take ideas from you!
i love everything you gave him in your redisign! the moves are good, the fatalities are creative, babality is funny, and i really really like how you drew him! that was epic! he looks like a half ninja - half prince! very good job my friend, keep'em up! :)