Spammers?

Re: Indifference to Spamming

The scenario :

2 rounds, 90 seconds time per round.

Summary :

You have 180 seconds, or 3 minutes, to impose your will, defending yourself, and try to win with the strategy in your mind. Some matches develop pretty agressive and in a very fast rythm, so, sometimes you have no time to elaborate a comeback, or to delay a lot some tactics you are restraining to use later ..... so, having previous training, previous experience with a decent number of hours playing offline and online, and, studying the game to understand every character strong points / weak points, so, this way, you feel yourself very confident and prepared ......

MK matches are overall, quick and agressive, not allowing too much mistakes, there is no room for stoping and thinking all the time, so, a player that have not interesting in develop better tactics, and , in the end, don't know exactly how to do others tactics than just spamming moves, sticking with the easiest combos and , acting as scrubs, insisting in failed sequences, this guy has no chance now, and never will, because he cannot see that the fail in play this game well, resides pratically 99.9% on himself. Just face it.

For example, I accept a challenge of a guy who was 58/26 W/L, while I was 43/64 W/L, so, I was treating the matches as fun, putting none effort to win, just doing the basic as defending , and attacking , treating the stuff as could be another offline leadder play ..... the guy was doing nothing but spamming Scorpion spear, and jumping forward to do flying kicks, and trying to catch me on throw, or spamm Scorpion hellfire ...... a totally scrub that could not see that this stuff was not working on, but, the ******* was insisting as a donkey on that, to the point was turning into a irritating game session, lol ! .... so, in the end, not playing serious, I did 14-1 W/L against him, with none effort. I asked myself : how a guy like this managed to have a online record better than me, if , all he does are these retarded and predictable moves all the time ?

Spamming certain special and projectiles is only a problem online, which of course is the topic here. Anyone telling you different is full of it. If someone picks a character with that potential do the same and watch them rage... Using rushdown characters online will just make the experience that much more frustrating.

Last edited:

I will never understand spammers. How can you have fun just hitting DB4 over and over again match after match? I understand you wanna win, but there should be a line somewhere. I played spammers with over 200 matches played, have they really been doing that for 200 matches worth of their time? That cant be even close to being fun.

1. Spamming = revealing for free all your gameplay and strategy, at once.
1.1 next step : you lose

My friend, the spammer.

So i only have one or two IRL friends who also have MK on the ps3. i play alot with one of them.
at first, it was very fun. kicking each others ass...i won most of the matches but...we were balanced.

Now his play style changed. He spams like a crazy bastard; and he doesn't seem to mind it too...he also doesn't notice it pisses me off terribly to the point where i avoid playing with him.

what he does:

Kabal (his favorite) : low projectile, high projectile, Repeat. and sometimes the nomad dash than repeat.

Sonya: some forward kick that pops you up, it is spammable...this one drives me nuts.

johnny cage: the projectiles and also the forward kick that pops you up.

Sure! i can sometimes avoid them or breaker him and yea, i still win about half of the matches but i wanna beat the spamming out of him!!

so, any hints?

Re: My friend, the spammer.

spam.png

tehee spam him worse

What I do is block and punish em. Teleport is a good friend for punishing projectiles, afterwards combo on if he doesn't loluppercut, if so, block/duck. Just keep an eye on what he does to react on what you do.

Block and punish?

Or if it's that predictable, use somebody with a teleport, or a move that can punish (Noob, Raiden, Scorpion, Ermac etc). When he uses a projectile pop up behind him and use your BnB. Or just dash block cancel til you can get close enough to do damage.

Duh?

And if your friend is winning with a simple zoning game, then he really has no reason to change his playstyle. He's outplaying you.

EDIT: Neg rep "Spamming is not a good playstyle". It is if it beats you, it shouldn't.

Last edited:

Spamming is just the stupidest and simplest way of winning, but it's also so easy to counterattack and beat.
It's going to happen at the start of a game's life cycle no matter what because people aren't good enough to play any other way yet, and people are not adept at dealing with it yet.

I think NRS's truly abhorrent online lag has played a large part in it though. Where your reactions count heavily when dealing with spamming or lamer tactics, a laggy game can make it a nightmare to overcome.

Re: Im so PISSED OFF right now!

Should probably just quit and play something else.

Lol at the Sub's that wakeup with the slide everytime.
They follow the same method. Ice clone, hide behind it, freezeball, and if that doesn't work, slide to em.
Just low block against those kinds of Sub's.
And they best way to beat them is giving them a taste of their own medicine. I spam Mileena's teleport kick when they keep spamming. It's fun because they react "OMG that's all you can do?" Love it

Lol at the Sub's that wakeup with the slide everytime.
They follow the same method. Ice clone, hide behind it, freezeball, and if that doesn't work, slide to em.
Just low block against those kinds of Sub's.
And they best way to beat them is giving them a taste of their own medicine. I spam Mileena's teleport kick when they keep spamming. It's fun because they react "OMG that's all you can do?" Love it

GGGGGGGRRRR, I hate when they say this! It's like, honestly, why would I try any harder if I don't have to on people like you?

its really not hard to block and punish...just saying.

any non projectile special that you successfully block is a free punish. as for projectiles you have a few options.

block dash

timed jumps

teleports

pick a char with better projectiles

Kabal (his favorite) : low projectile, high projectile, Repeat. and sometimes the nomad dash than repeat.

Sonya: some forward kick that pops you up, it is spammable...this one drives me nuts.

johnny cage: the projectiles and also the forward kick that pops you up.

Sure! i can sometimes avoid them or breaker him and yea, i still win about half of the matches but i wanna beat the spamming out of him!!

so, any hints?

for kabal, I have no idea him and Sindel spamming the high and low really ****s with my dash blocking and I usually just get pissed and lose

for sonya just stay back and zone

and cage, don't jump and if he's doing the overhead pop up don't block low

GGGGGGGRRRR, I hate when they say this! It's like, honestly, why would I try any harder if I don't have to on people like you?

And it's best with Mileena because her tele kick can combo and juggle them if they in the air.
Her ball ducks most projectiles, causing another juggle.
and her bite move can get them too if you do it at the right moment.
As SOOON as you get in their face, they don't know what to do because they don't know how to utilize a characters fighting moveset