Spammers?

Re: Indifference to Spamming

You have to keep your finger on that block button. Have it ready, when they teleport, BAM an uppercut or BAM a kombo. They will keep trying if they suck, with Scorpion however, his Hell Fire makes it a bit tricky. Just block and manuever your way to beat him up close. I try that the most.

i played online for the first time last night and had a blast. i dont spam. ddespite losing 16 times and winning only two rounds, i took these losses as a learning tool. blocking and waiting for that right moment to strike was key for me. but the guy i went up against was a hell of a good player. but the lag totally sucked. all in all it was fun

Dash block, best tip I can give you. Cage VS Smoke is kind of a bad matchup for Cage. If you can close the distance then you should be doing pretty well because Smoke doesn't have much of a close game, you should never try to range Smoke unless you have a zoner character.

If you're far away:
Hold block. Sometimes do a simple but quick punch or kick attack. He'll think you missed your special attack input and teleport. Punish.
Otherwise, dash-block, dash-block until you get to half-screen...

Half-screen:
You can start to jump safely. Smoke bomb can't hit you in the air, and if he teleports, he won't hit you.
Shadow kick can hit, or EN shadow kick will hit and push him closer to a corner.

From close:
Mixup lows and highs, overhead attack if he's crouching/blocking or throw if he's low blocking. Combos. Corners are deadly. You can juggle an opponent in the corner just by kick overhead then by pressing 2,2,2,2... at the right time with Cage. Usually, the opponent hates it and breaks wasting his meter.
If he's blocking, combo him then at the end of your sequence, do the kick overhead for a free combo.

Smoke is a pretty dangerous character indeed .... but his teleport is very, very punishable if he just miss a single one ..... majority of people who decide to pick Smoke, but, clearly you see that Smoke is not their main character, and all they can do is being far throwing smoke bombs, and teleporting, you should "baiting" ; make false movements and they will panic, thinking you are trying to cut the distance and get near , and , bingo, teleport coming ..... block it and do your combo on your turn .....

Im so PISSED OFF right now!

I really am! Im just sick of this game.

Except, unlike other people who will make excuses and all, im just gonna say it.

I ****ing HATE spammers, why? because I cant ****ing defeat them. There is this one guy who is the worst player of all ****ing time. And im raging because I cant beat him and he's a git, being a prat to everyone..

I know his GT if anyone wants it, to kill him or whatever.

But back on track I can't beat spammers, i dont know why, and it's really annoying me.

Im calming down now as I write this post, but I blame myself, does anyone have any tips on how to beat spammers? I never seem to be able to beat them. Particularly Scorpion, Smoke, Sub-Zero and Johnny Cage spammers.

Also, please don't flame, like "Cry more" or "quit *****ing", because i really am not in the mood. Really. If you must have negative feedback, be nice.

I also just noticed you can tell in this post where im calming down.

Re: Im so PISSED OFF right now!

Dash block = double tap forward, press block as fast as possible. Dash blocking enables you to cover a fair amount of distance in the safest and fastest way possible. This one technique protects you from all of Johnny Cages and Smoke's moves, and most of sub's (apart from slide) and scorp's (apart from hell fire).

You can also dash into crouch block by simply tapping forward, then down and block - this will help you vs Sub's slide (and other low attacks). Upon blocking Sub's slide, he is wide open for a full combo punishment (most characters can get 30% upwards off this one punish).

Smoke spammer: High block- Smoke dosen't have a lot of mix-ups and his bomb does 0 damage if blocked. If he is a spammer, he'll resort to the teleport if you keep your distance and then uppercut him or combo him if you feel comfortable.

Scorpion spammer: Try to keep your distance and he will also resort to teleport. If you see he is spaming the hell fire, try to jump kick or teleport behind him.

Can't give you many tips on Sub or Johnny though.
If you look up in the Gameplay and Character sectoin in this forum, you can find strategies for spammer depending on your main.

Practice,practice,practice! you will start to see their patterns.I dont really play online cause of the lag,but I do play alot of vs with my friends and have 12 player tourneys.one of my friends is a spammer and with a spammer you just have to watch them,block the move they are spamming,and punish them! :)

also maybe you shouldnt take losing in a videogame so hard.after all,it is JUST A GAME :)
not to mention when you are stressing over something your judgement is clouded and that doesnt mix well with games
just my 2 cents

Practice,practice,practice! you will start to see their patterns.I dont really play online cause of the lag,but I do play alot of vs with my friends and have 12 player tourneys.one of my friends is a spammer and with a spammer you just have to watch them,block the move they are spamming,and punish them! :)

also maybe you shouldnt take losing in a videogame so hard.after all,it is JUST A GAME :)
not to mention when you are stressing over something your judgement is clouded and that doesnt mix well with games
just my 2 cents

Thanks. I've calmed right down. I just get annoyed at spammers, really bad.

Choose Reptile. Do his drop kick when they try to teleport, and his dash when they try to spam projectiles.

Otherwise, just utilize throws and blocks. Make sure to spam some projectiles at them too if you're not to good with combos.

Wow, this thread's worse than mine, though let me help you with the constructive criticism.

Well, when you face a spammer, the first thing you should do is to near him. They can't deal much damage in close quarters, and that's why they resort to using Special Moves. Now, first of all, start hitting him with a simple combo - he'll eventually block and do a special move. Block, and counter the move. (If it's a teleport, uppercut and stuff, if it's a projectile, kick or sweep) and eventually, you'll get to beat him.

On Scorpion spammers - These guys are very hard to beat if they spam properly, given the fact that they'll use hellfire and if that doesn't work, they'll spear your leg (which somehow connects with your chest). You should just get up close and personal with them.

On Smoke Spammers - These guys are pretty easy to beat, if you block nicely. Good uppercuts and a teleport (or a good combo) will do the job.

Kung Lao Spammers - Projectile when they spin, uppercut when teleported. Easy.

Raiden Spammers - Block, uppercut. Really, and if they teleport, just evade the grab that'll come after it and use a sweep.

If your feeling salty walk away and evaluate the situation otherwise you are gonna just get more pissed off and it will throw off your game. Others gave ya advice on dealing with zone pressure and over usage of moves. As a casual its all about having fun, switch up your strats to overcome them and move on.

I agree.. I was playing with a guy once time, and he uses Scorpion and the only thing he do was put me in the corner and tap square as idiot. He took about 50% of life in just seconds (I didn't have a breaker in that moment). well, hen I punish him to hell, but was very VERY annoying.

Also I hate people who uses smoke or noob and the only thing that they do is teleport, teleport, fireball (smoke ball or the noob's shadows) then teleport again, .... etc etc etc, then xray, then teleport... go to hell yo *****. Or with Kung Lao the story is: Jump (back) air kick, spin, jump kick, tornado, tornado, hat throw, tornado, jump kick... pretty fag. And when you catch him in the corner abuse of the spin and begins with the fag kicks again. I HATE IT AS HELL!.

best you can do is learn what punishes what and block is your friend.

ive taken over 50% of someones life away as noob saibot from fullscreen shadowclones because they didnt try something other then blocking and go to projectile war with me.

every spammer is beatable, some are harder then others online (like raiden/kung lao)

hopedfully your not talking about me cause my brother plays on my xbox and he uses scorpion. and my mains are johnny cage, smoke and sub-zero lol

Practically all of your problems could be solved by dash blocking. Most casual players do either two things:

1. Just block in one place like a statue
2. Jump around

Dash blocking should practically be the only way you get around. If you do it correctly and intelligently you will always block Smoke's teleports and smoke bombs, and really basically everything AND approach them. Jumping around isn't a smart thing to do vs a player that knows what they are doing.

Practice it a bit and I'm sure not only will you get better against those characters, but better in general.

The hidden Noob fight in arcade ladder is a good way to practice your anti spam technique since all he does is teleport spam at turbo speed.