most underrated character

who is the most underrated character in the game?

• Sindel

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Mileena

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Nightwolf

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sheeva

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Kano

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • C. Sub-Zero

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Baraka

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Kabal

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Quan Chi

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Other(specify)

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

newbie1556

just wondering i'll be putting a poll of every character i read is horrible and heard others say he/she is underrated

sorry if i create too many character related threads, still an interesting topic imo

I think Baraka is underrated to be completely honest.. a friend of mine can wreck with him

every character i put on the list(apart from other........) is because i read many people say they are horrible or average but then i heard the occasional person say they are really good, in my expert opinion with my entire one match with kabal i would say he is pretty underrated then again he is the only character i tried on the list(well apart from kano and i dont think he is underrated)

EDIT: but i am not voting because it was only one match

every character i put on the list(apart from other........) is because i read many people say they are horrible or average but then i heard the occasional person say they are really good, in my expert opinion with my entire one match with kabal i would say he is pretty underrated then again he is the only character i tried on the list(well apart from kano and i dont think he is underrated)

EDIT: but i am not voting because it was only one match

It's a good poll. It's really hard to say who is and isn't a good character since this game is so new.

I voted CSZ.

Definitely Mileena. I don't claim to be a great player, but I can hold my own. That said, I played against a godlike Mileena a few days ago that completely wrecked my shit. I've never seen anyone play her that well. If you played her the way this guy did, your opponent would spend the majority of the round not being able to do a thing. Maybe I just didn't know the match-up very well, but I've never had to until now. Mark my words, watch out for future Mileena players. I won't be surprised if she gets some recognition at EVO.

It's a good poll. It's really hard to say who is and isn't a good character since this game is so new.

I voted CSZ.
thank you, i originally had a few other characters on the poll(Jax and Kurtis Stryker) but there was not enough room for them so i put the other to increase the choices and i had to decide between Jax, Kurtis Stryker and Kabal so i was not completely sure who to pick.

On a side note Cyber Sub-Zero looks like alot of fun to play i am very much hoping he is underrated and that is true tbh i have not played a fighting game for a very long time and the last i played was SSBM so i didnt really realise how much depth a fighting game could have(not saying that this game has the most depth out of fighters but its got a good amount of depth).

EDIT: from what i have read Mileena is a counter fighter, wait for the other guy(or girl) to make a mistake and then punish them badly so i think she can be an amazing fighter to patient players, most people(including me) are not patient so that might explain why she can be so good in the right hands(though any character can be great in the right hands but you know what i mean)

Baraka and Stryker for sure.

Cyber Sub-Zero was extremely underrated when the game came out (especially by the strategy guide and total noobs). But PowerUp tourney and players like REO shut them all up and proved that CSZ deserved a spot in A tier.

Right now, other underestimated characters are Jax and Jade imo. Jax could still use some buffs though.

overrated chars: Smoke, Noob, Raiden, Quan Chi and Sektor.

Last edited:
thank you, i originally had a few other characters on the poll(Jax and Kurtis Stryker) but there was not enough room for them so i put the other to increase the choices and i had to decide between Jax, Kurtis Stryker and Kabal so i was not completely sure who to pick.

On a side note Cyber Sub-Zero looks like alot of fun to play i am very much hoping he is underrated and that is true tbh i have not played a fighting game for a very long time and the last i played was SSBM so i didnt really realise how much depth a fighting game could have(not saying that this game has the most depth out of fighters but its got a good amount of depth).

EDIT: from what i have read Mileena is a counter fighter, wait for the other guy(or girl) to make a mistake and then punish them badly so i think she can be an amazing fighter to patient players, most people(including me) are not patient so that might explain why she can be so good in the right hands(though any character can be great in the right hands but you know what i mean)

In all honesty, I'd have put Jax ins Kabal's place. Kabal is actually fairly over-rated from my experience. I haven't played against or with him much, so that may not be true, either. On the other hand, Jax has some really nasty moves (his jump kick > back breaker is a pain in the ass) and his X-Ray is unblockable, but everyone seems to think he sucks. I've had more people beat me with Jax than Kabal, too.

In all honesty, I'd have put Jax ins Kabal's place. Kabal is actually fairly over-rated from my experience. I haven't played against or with him much, so that may not be true, either. On the other hand, Jax has some really nasty moves (his jump kick > back breaker is a pain in the ass) and his X-Ray is unblockable, but everyone seems to think he sucks. I've had more people beat me with Jax than Kabal, too.
i was close to going with Jax instead of either Kano or Kabal, i have heard plenty of people say that Kano belongs with Baraka in the cruddy class, but i have heard zero about Jax(also jade), no one talks about him, so maybe i was wrong but i cant really change the poll now even if they would let me it would kinda screw up the poll, the characters no one talks about seems to be Jade, Jax, Kurtis Stryker and Shang Tsung, from my experience anyways.

though surprisingly Jax seems to be used quite often online

Yeah, Kano is trash, no one needs to practice against him or take him seriously at all, just ignore that he's in the game. Just keep jumping vs Kano and you'll win every time. He's so easy to get a babality on since you hardly even need to block either.

Cyber Sub-Zero would've been my vote not too long ago, but I'm starting to see him get some love as a fighter.

Nightwolf seems to me like the strongest character in this poll, but I don't really see him as underrated.

Quan Chi prolly gets my vote. He is only just now starting to get people's attention. I've been dabbling with him since release (as a character I like him a bit better than Shang Tsung) and have found him a pretty solid fighter. That Prima tier list was f-----g s--t lol. No way either CSZ or Quan Chi scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Wow people just don't know their characters Kano is by far the most underrated of the bunch good luck jumping against an up ball there's a reason pros think after the coming patch he will be s tier. And jax is way underrate despite not being on the list he eats zoners alive and his mix up game is just nasty

Wow people just don't know their characters Kano is by far the most underrated of the bunch good luck jumping against an up ball there's a reason pros think after the coming patch he will be s tier. And jax is way underrate despite not being on the list he eats zoners alive and his mix up game is just nasty

Yeah, Kano's a good fighter, that doesn't make him underrated. I know a lot of people who swear by him (pros as well, obviously). That kinda negates the whole "underrated" title lol. He's a high-quality fighter, but I see him getting more and more love.

i think there is a psychological advantage sometimes playing with these rare characters. people will see them as being bad and most people dont have any if all experience playing against them. then they will think "this guy must be good to pick such a "weak" character, "crap! ive never played against this guy before either!" its a win win.