Who will die? (spoilers)

jb243

Don't I remember Boon saying that one of the characters in MK:D was going to be killed off FOR GOOD?

If thats actually true, who could it be?

I'm guessing that its

*ENDING SPOILERS*

Sub-Zero. By killing him he can be replaced with the original Sub-zero who was Noob Saibot in this game. It will also bring back the Sub-Zero Scorpion feud with Sub looking for revenge on the man who killed him. If what Boon said is true I think this would make the most sense since your killing off a chrarecter yet in a way still keeping him around. What are your thoughts on the subject?

You could be right. I don't mind if they did that. Noob Saibot's younger bro. has been looking whack, except in MK2 since he looked like the Original Sub-Zero :lol: . Maybe Boon meant Onaga would actually die, playing with our heads, making us think as if one of the Kombatants from the old or new MK games may die. He could also mean Raiden, meaning he died from his original way of being a good guy, but is now darker, though still Raiden.

I doubt they'd kill off one of the most popular MK characters in history. Sure, they could replace him with Noob, but then they'd have to change Noob back into a Sub-Zero, which wouldn't really make any sense (considering he's always been Noob since after Scorpion murdered him).

Basically, I think it's best not to really consider Noob and the original Sub-Zero the same person. Reverting Noob back to his Sub-Zero image would be like changing Scorpion back into some guy with a family, so in my opinion, I don't think we'll see that.

I'd gladly let them kill off any of the new characters, though, that's for damn sure. If it has to be a returning character, though, I'd go with Li Mei, since she's a traitor and pointless to the storyline.

I agree with what you said Deathcore. I do hope Li Mei dies. I don't like her at all. Never did. Maybe Darrius should die. He doesn't fit with MK. Maybe in Tekken or Dead or Alive.

Just thought I would throw this out there, Mileena also dies any thoughts she wont return? I think she will be back as she is really popular. I would like Li Mei to die but as far as the endings go she seems to live. Boon said someone would die and stay dead but Li Mei lives through this so it makes me think someone who actually dies in an ending wont return. Any other thoughts?

Who knows? One of us may be right or we all maybe wrong, but what we are saying does throw in some good insight on who died and will remain dead as Ed Boon said.

jb243 said:
Now that I think about it, itll probably be Shujinko who remoans dead.

I think you're right about that. Shujinko doesn't really strike me as a character that would be brought back.

As for Mileena, nah, given her poularity, I think she's gonna stay. Plus they've already killed her off before, so I think that would be a bit redundant.

Mileena shouldn't die. Maybe Shujinko would die, but probably because of a heart attack. Too much action for him,lol. I just hope that some new info. would be said by Boon.

Masta-Dante said:
my guesses are

Sub-Zero
mileena
kitana
baraka
raiden
and shujinko

They will never kill all of those charecters and never bring them back. All of them are very popular. Thats why I think it will either be Shujinko or Sub-zero. Shujinko is not really popular and Sub-Zero will still be around but just as an evil version with his younger brother dead.

jb243 said:
Don't I remember Boon saying that one of the characters in MK:D was going to be killed off FOR GOOD?

If thats actually true, who could it be?

I'm guessing that its

*ENDING SPOILERS*

Sub-Zero. By killing him he can be replaced with the original Sub-zero who was Noob Saibot in this game. It will also bring back the Sub-Zero Scorpion feud with Sub looking for revenge on the man who killed him. If what Boon said is true I think this would make the most sense since your killing off a chrarecter yet in a way still keeping him around. What are your thoughts on the subject?

Yeah, this is what I originally though and hope turns out.

hope not

I'm hoping its not theses two since there some of my favs....

but maybe the answer is right in front of us quan chi and shang tsung... Raiden is a god so of course if you destroy his physical body he can come back, but the other two got nuked.

jb243 said:
Now that I think about it, itll probably be Shujinko who remoans dead.
I think so, too. It makes sense storyline-wise, right? He kills off Onaga, Raiden kills Shujinko for being an idiot and getting them into all this trouble in the first place. Shujinko doesn't get brought back, seeing as how not very many people like him. (and not many people liked Shinnok either. Shame on you.)

I'm going to say Scorpion, now now now before everyone rips off my head about him being boons fav and one of the most popular characters, this is how i came to my conclusion. Scorpion has always hunted his familys killer, he found out it was Quan, he was unable to kill him in this one, so his soul must still wonder, BUT for being the elder Gods champion they will free his soul and let him finally rest with his family..........

He's also sworn to protect Sub-Zero (the younger one) now too. So he can't quit till that Sub-Zero is killed and then avenged.

I'd say Shujinko. Who's too powerful of a character to have in more than one game with all the specials he has. Not to mention he's the oldest coot ever to grace the MK screen (in appearance) besides the original Tsung.

Quan Chi and Shang Tsung are both powerful sorcerers who I think have some sort of back up plan to have their souls born anew to continue their conquest of the realms.

Maybe they'll just off all of Orderrealm and every fighter from there since they mostly suck hairy juevos gigantes (Dairou isn't half bad though)

I always thought Orderrealm was kinda lame. Dairou's cool 'n all, but other than that it just feels like it doesn't need to be there. at all.

K1LLKANO said:
He's also sworn to protect Sub-Zero (the younger one) now too. So he can't quit till that Sub-Zero is killed and then avenged.

The thing about that, though, is Scorpion only became the younger Sub-Zero's protector on the condition that he won the MK2 tournament (which he obviously did not). We all know that most of the MK endings never came true, and that was one of them. There's absolutely no proof that Scorpion even gives a flying rat's ass about the younger Sub-Zero (or even knows that he's not the original).

Case in point: if Scorpion had actually made that vow to protect Sub-Zero, he probably wouldn't show up as an enemy in his bio.

Sorry, I just had to shoot down your theory. :wink:

Anyway, I really can't see MK dropping Scorpion from their line-up.

KOBRA!!! DIE DIE DIE!!!! STAY DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!!

I hate being repetitious and redundant, but i just have no other way to get out my hatred for this (as we've noted) Karate Kid villain knock off.

The new characters are getting pretty shitty and need to be destroyed and they need to start with KOBRA>>>>arrrgghh.

I hope they hear all the backlash across the globe about the newest characters being about 85% bullplop, so they can take some serious time to sit down and construct original ideas, like they did when they made the leap from MK1 to MK2.