Noob Saibot Thread - "We share blood. We are not brothers."

Noob Saibot​

noob-mk9-white.png

"We share blood. We are "not" brothers."​

About Noob Saibot:
Spoiler:

Bio:
Spoiler:

Origin: Earthrealm (now resides in the Netherrealm)
Race: Human (now reborn as a Wraith/Revenant)
Alignment: Evil

Noob Saibot's origins are unknown, but he is likely a revenant: a fallen warrior resurrected by the Netherrealm sorcerer Quan Chi to fulfill a dark objective. Noob has been assigned to aid Shao Kahn in his acquisition of Earthrealm. A faithful servant and a recent addition to the Brotherhood of Shadow, he will obey his master, Quan Chi, and complete his mission. But he is biding his time, Noob Saibot has a dark objective of his own.

Gameplay Style: Noob is an absolute zoner type character. He basically relies on his shadows to keep his opponents at a good distance. He can draw them in with his Black Hole, or catch them off guard with his Teleport Slam. He got some combos that can knock the opponent away if it lands cleanly. But overall, he plays best at medium-long range. Plus, his shadows are the fastest in the game that it can sometimes catch teleporters before they can reappear behind him.

Basic Keys and Moves:
Spoiler:

F - Forward
D - Down
B - Back
U - Up

1 - FP (Front Punch)
2 - BP (Back Punch)
3 - FK (Front Kick)
4 - BK (Back Kick)

TH - Throw
BL - Block
ST - Stance Switch

Special Moves and Enhanced Moves:
Spoiler:

Ghostball: D, F+1- He shoots a white ball at the opponent that when it hits, it disables blocking for either a few seconds or for 1 hit. Try throwing this in a few times. It helps because of the free hit you can do after this move hits the opponent.
*Spirit Ball: D, F+1+BL- Same as Ghost Ball, but adds confusion as well. Best used against other players, but not against CPU.
Teleport Slam: D, U- He jumps through the portal and reappears behind and grabs the opponent before slamming them to the ground. Can be used to get near the opponent and catch them off guard or as a combo ender.
*Teleport Smash: D, U+BL-Same as the regular version, but after grabbing the opponent, he goes through the portal two times to increase the dropping speed before slamming them hard to the ground. Can be greatly used as a combo ender or to catch them off guard.
Black Hole: D, B+2 Above the opponent/D, F+2 Behind the opponent/D, F, B+2 Front of the opponent- He launches a black hole, that if the opponent gets caught, they'll drop and reappear above and closer to Noob. Good move against long range spammers and zoners. Plus, you can quickly do combos before they actually land on the ground. It's also can be use as a anti-wake up since it will deny the opponent the chance to make a surprise attack against him. (credit to Demetrius on about the anti-wake up part.)
*Darkness Hole: D, B+2+BL/D, F+2+BL/D, F, B+2+BL- Same as regular move, except much faster and instead, the opponent lands on their head after getting caught by it. Use at own discretion.
Shadow Charge: D, F+3-He launches the shadow and it tackles the opponent, when it hits. Very fast move. It is considered as a projectile. It will beat most projectiles and interrupt most teleporters before they get a chance to reappear behind him. It can be used as a combo ender as well.
*Saibot Charge: D, F+3+BL- Same as regular version, but the shadow adds a punch to it after tackling the opponent down.
Shadow Upknee: D, B+3- He launches the shadow diagonally upwards as it does a flying upward kick. A good anti-air move against jumpers.
*Saibot Upknee: D, B+3+BL- Same as regular version, but it goes a bit more forward and has a bit longer distance. When cornering, you can do a juggle combo after this move.
Shadow Slide: B, F+4- He sends the shadow, sliding towards the opponent. Another fast move and it hits low. Try mixing it up with this and the Shadow Charge to keep your opponent at bay and guessing.
*Saibot Slide: B, F+4+BL- Same as regular move, but trips the opponent over instead.

Basic Combos:
Spoiler:

Saibot Blast: 1, 2 - 2 Hits 9%: His basic 1, 2 combo. Nothing special about it.
Sneaky Saibot: B+1, 2, F+4 - 3 Hits 13%: His better combo. He ends the combo low and tripping the opponent. The 2nd hit stuns the opponent. The combo can be canceled after the 2nd hit into his specials or X-Ray.
Evil Twin: B+1, 2, 1, 4 - 4 Hits 16%: One of the good combos in his arsenal. Juggles on the 3rd and knocks them back on the final hit. He cancel into his specials or X-Ray after either one of the last 3 hits of his combo.
Assassinate: 2, 1, 2 - 3 Hits 12%: His 1, 2, 3 combo that knocks the opponent away from him. Can combo into his specials or X-Ray after the final hit.
No Compassion: B+2, 1, 4 - 3 Hits 13%: Another combo that knocks the opponent away and it can combo into his specials or X-Ray after the final hit.
Reincarnated: F+3, 3, 3 - 3 Hits 14%: A kicking combo that stuns the opponent, but can't be combo stringed from.
Possessed: F+4, 3 - 2 Hits 13%: A simple 2 hit combo that knocks back the opponent. Can only combo into his Shadow Charge afterwards.

X-Ray and Fatalities:
Spoiler:

Together Again: ST+BL- The shadow comes from behind, but it can blocked. Can be used after the final hit of some combos to string together major damage and add insult to injury.
Base Damage: 36%

Make A Wish: B, F, B, D+4 (Jumping Distance)
As One: D, D, B, D+BL (Jumping Distance)
Stage Fatality: F, D, F+BL (Close)
Babality: F, U, F+1 (jumping Distance or further)

Advanced Combos:
Spoiler:

Combo Starters:
2, 1, 2......
B+1, 2......
B+1, 2, 1......
B+1, 2, 1, 4......
B+2, 1, 4......

Normal Combos:
2, 1, 2, Teleport Slam - 5 Hits 20%
2, 1, 2, Shadow Charge - 4 Hits 19%
B+1, 2, 1, 4, Shadow Charge - 5 Hits 21%
(Corner) B+1, 2, 1, 4, Shadow Upknee, B+2, 1, 4, Shadow Upknee - 9 Hits 28%
(Corner) B+1, 2, 1, 4, Shadow Upknee, 2, 1, 2, Teleport Slam - 10 Hits 29%
(Corner) B+1, 2, 1, 4, Shadow Upknee, 2, 1, 2, Shadow Upknee, 2, 1 Shadow Charge - 12 Hits 32% (by VictorMefer)

Enhanced Combos: (requires meter)
B+1, 2, 1, 4, Enhanced Shadow Charge - 6 Hits 23%
B+1, 2, 1, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Shadow Slide - 5 Hits 23% (by DarkSpark)
2, 1, 2, Enhanced Teleport Slam - 7 Hits 24%
B+1, 2, 1, 4, Enhanced Teleport Slam - 8 Hits 25%
B+1, 2, 1, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Shadow Charge - 5 Hits 24% (by Fox17)
B+1, 2, 1, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Enhanced Shadow Charge - 6 Hits 26% (by Fox17)
(Corner) B+1, 2, 1, 4, Shadow Upknee, 2, 1, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Enhanced Telport Slam - 12 Hits 33%
(Corner) Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, B+2, 1, 4, Shadow Upknee, 2, 1, Shadow Upknee - 9 Hits 38%
(Corner) 2, 1, 2 Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, 2, 1, 2, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, F+3, 3, 3 - 12 Hits 49% (by dbd6604)
(Corner) UF+1 or 2, 2, 1, 2, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Shadow Upknee, Shadow Upknee, Shadow Slide - 10 Hits 48%

X-Ray Combos:
2, 1, 2, X-Ray - 6 Hits 43%
B+1, 2, 1, X-Ray - 6 Hits 39% (by Fox17)
B+1, 2, 1, 4, X-Ray - 7 Hits 38%

Last edited:
Re: Noob Saibot Thread - We share blood. We are not brothers.

I would like to add that Black Holes make EXCELLENT Wake Up attack deny-ers: If they are laying on the ground, they lose the chance to do a wake up attack, if they get up and move they lose the chance, and if you use it as part of a Combo, it lands between you, denying them the ability to do ANY sort of slide/dash/ground wake up attacks.*

*tested and confirmed with 2,1,2 and B 1, 2,1,4.

Cool. I'll add the description about the black hole, being anti-wake up moves as well.

A great combo I came up with during one of my marathon's in Training mode is:

B+1, 2, 1, EX Shadow Upknee, Shadow Slide (5 Hits, 23% damage)

It's got a low damage total (as with most of Noob's combo's obviously), however it's effectiveness lies in the fact that it puts distance back between you and your opponent from a close quarters start. The EX Upknee launches the opponent backwards, and the standard Shadow Slide pushes them back further if you connect with it before they land.

If you can get em' in a corner, hit em' with the block disabler then hit them with a 2,1,2,EX Upknee,2,1,2,EX Upknee,f+3,3,3 for good damage, it takes 2 bars of meter. If you have a full bar you can add in another EX Upknee after the first one and it'll be a 49% combo. Up to you whether you wanna use an XRay or try the combo though.

(Corner) 2, 1, 2 Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, 2, 1, 2, Enhanced Shadow Upknee - 9 Hits 49% (by dbd6604)

That should be: (Corner) 2, 1, 2 Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, 2, 1, 2, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, F+3, 3, 3 - 12 Hits 49%

You forgot the F+3, 3, 3 on the end. Should be 12 Hits instead of 9. Sorry I wasn't clearer earlier bud. Timing is a little strict on the second 2,1,2, but after a few minutes you can get it down easy. You can also replace the F+3, 3, 3 at the end with an Uppercut and it will be 10 Hits 48% (I believe). I've messed around with Noob's wall combos a lot and this is the highest damage one I have found thus far. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Very nice thread, +rep!

Found a meterless corner combo:

12 hits 32%: B+2, 1, 2, 4, shadow upknee - 2, 1, 2, shadow upknee - 2, 1, shadow charge

Ok. Let me edit on that. You'll Noob fans should give me rep for giving ya a decent Noob Saibot thread. Regardless, thank you for helping me makin this thread for ya Noob fans the strength.

P.S.
Not really a Noob fighter, but done it for the sake of all fans of the character. And no, no one made me do it. lol

Well just learned never to use the infinite xray(also allows infinite ex moves) against noob can actually spam the ex upwards knee all day in the corner. And it takes 16 to kill you oh and here's a 10 hit 50% combo that's easier then the one posted jump in punch 2,1,2 ex upward knee 3 times,upward knee 2 times uppercut

Last edited:

Victor. Good combo, but Noob can't do B+2, 1, 2, 4. It's actually B+1, 2, 1, 4. The only B+2 combo is B+2, 1, 4.

Update: More combo added. Plus the picture of Noob Saibot is up.

Just a heads up on that last combo I posted if you wanta keep them in the corner a shadow slide instead of the uppercut works but you gotta be fast and it lowers the damage to 48% LOL and to think noob isn't actually my main

Very nice! Job well done on this thread.

Finally I won't have to explain the concept of how to play Noob to other players. ZONING IS NOT A NEW CONCEPT PEOPLE! DX

Victor. Good combo, but Noob can't do B+2, 1, 2, 4. It's actually B+1, 2, 1, 4. The only B+2 combo is B+2, 1, 4.

Update: More combo added. Plus the picture of Noob Saibot is up.

Oh yeah. The inputs of these two combos always confuse me.

Cool thread but i dont like the "Noob Saibot Thread", "Noob Thread" sounds better and would be correct, as he is named Noob since MKDA.

As much as he's been called Noob currently, the announcer in this current game and originally before John Tobias left, still refers to him as Noob Saibot. And like mrb said, don't want to confuse it for another term meaning newbie; beginner.