Noob Saibot Thread - "We share blood. We are not brothers."

:rofl: so true. But hey it's all good. Ice ball trades with clone allowing free combo, most of the time :cool:

I use Noob as my main but my main problem is that I cannot pull of combos. In fact I am working on Deception right now and I find that I couldn't hardly do the training missions because my hands aren't fast enough to do the 3+ combos. Plus, I have bad memory of the moves unless I see them on screen. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions for quick combo learning with Noob? I use the 360 version btw. :)

Enhanced Wall Combo`s:

Jump Punch - EX Shadow Upknee - EX Shadow Upknee - EX Shadow Upknee - Shadow Slide (5 hits / 35%)
Jump Punch - 3x EX Shadow Upknee - 2x Shadow Upknee (6 hits / 38%)
Jump Punch - 3x EX Shadow Upknee - Shadow Teleport (6 hits / 37%)
Jump Punch - 3x EX Shadow Upknee - 2x Shadow Upknee - Shadow Slide (7 hits / 42%)

Not the best combo`s but they`re pretty easy and good.

Enhanced Wall Combo`s:

Jump Punch - EX Shadow Upknee - EX Shadow Upknee - EX Shadow Upknee - Shadow Slide (5 hits / 35%)
Jump Punch - 3x EX Shadow Upknee - 2x Shadow Upknee (6 hits / 38%)
Jump Punch - 3x EX Shadow Upknee - Shadow Teleport (6 hits / 37%)
Jump Punch - 3x EX Shadow Upknee - 2x Shadow Upknee - Shadow Slide (7 hits / 42%)

Not the best combo`s but they`re pretty easy and good.

Why waste 3 bars for only 35% when B2,1,4 x ray can be done midscreen for even more damage?

Why not?
It is just a wall combo.
It is just a combo I found out. I don`t use it either. But it is good for some damage.

----------------------------------------------NEW!-------------------------------------------------------
5 Hits and 35% - 3 bars.
Jump Punch - 3x EX Upknee - Shadow Charge

Why not?
It is just a wall combo.
It is just a combo I found out. I don`t use it either. But it is good for some damage.

----------------------------------------------NEW!-------------------------------------------------------
5 Hits and 35% - 3 bars.
Jump Punch - 3x EX Upknee - Shadow Charge

Yay! Thank you! I will work on using these and then move on to a little harder stuff. Practice mode, here I come! ;D

But actually it is a bit a waste of your bar. But I don`t know any other good combo`s with Noob Saibot.

Noob has his 70% resets, but other than that he doesn't have any damaging combos :[

Try your best to make Meterless combos instead of meter combos, in most situation you want to save meter for a breaker or to maximize damage to close a round or match.

Yeah indeed. The Breaker is the most valuable defense.

But please give me some Noob Saibot tips. I am bad with Noob.

I'm not a good Noob player, but I have some info you can read up on from Critcal Limit.

Against non-teleporting characters:

Your goal should be to merely play keep away. mix slide and shadow charge. But do so with your opponents thought pattern in mind. You also don't just throw back to back projectiles. Nor spam them when you wake up. You want to make it apparent you might do them back to back. But then don't to bait a jump, Then anti-air them with your shadow charge by catching their character on the way to the ground from a jump. If they dash block mix up your low slide and your shadow charge for a 50/50 midscreen.

When they are jumping distance, you got a few choices.

If they are dash blocking you can try to dash in on their "fear" and start up close pressure with B1214 or 2,1( or 2,1,2) (F3,3,3) and 1,2.

If you think they will jump you can shadow upknee, or back dash and catch their approach jump and counter with 1,2

If you think they will stay grounded, you can simply back dash/walk back to get more space.

You can occasionally mix in EX slide where overheads are in your strings for 50/50's The EX slide can lead to more free pressure or a grab. while the overhead part of your string will lead into a combo.

do like B1,2, EX slide, or B1,2,1(Overhead),4

Careful while zoning for people with METER. Johnny cage or liu kang can do EX moves to go through your shadow and damage you. Bait these by making it look like you're gonna shadow charge then block. If you block these it's a free combo.

If someone is being really defensive(turtle) you can use portals to make them jump around and move.

Also be careful of characters like Cyrax/Subzero.

You can't trade projectiles with these guys. so full screen just react to their projectil with a reactionairy tele-slam for Cyrax.

Also when subzero is at jumping distance careful throwing out a upknee expecting a jump. If Subzero ice balls at this time, he gets a full combo.

Teleport characters are a pain and require lots of footsies and baiting. You can't ever really zone them out full screen. You have to keep them about jump distance to maybe another full character body back from jump distance. That way you can bait teleports with the fear of projectiles, or punish teleports enough that they are scared to use them giving you the option of your projectiles back.

Just wondering why you should do B1,2 Ex slide instead of B1,2,1,4 slide since you get more chip damage, don't waste a bar for 4 more damage and if they manage to block the slide the 4 will push them back a bit making it harder to punish?

Just wondering why you should do B1,2 Ex slide instead of B1,2,1,4 slide since you get more chip damage, don't waste a bar for 4 more damage and if they manage to block the slide the 4 will push them back a bit making it harder to punish?

I have no clue :laugh:

Not a Noob player, Ask Critical_limit.

Why waste 3 bars for only 35% when B2,1,4 x ray can be done midscreen for even more damage?

While you are correct, There is a small advantage to spamming upknee in corner only.

If I'm not mistaken it's unbreakable damage.

Because the third hit of B1,2,1,4 is a overhead. not the last hit.

So when they "STAY" blocking high waiting for the overhead. you do a low instead. It gives them only a 50% chance to guess right at that moment.

And the REASON it has to be EX is because some people can PUNISH you that close even if you hit them with normal slide. Or atleast get pressure on you. EX slide knocks them down and you usually get a free grab.

What you are trying to do is condition them to want to start blocking low anytime you get that string going

ONce that happens you can then go back to letting his regular string go on and hit him with the overhead part while he's expecting EX slide.

And then you can go for the portal reset.

The one you posted yes you'll get "more chip" but my proposal is better overall damage, and keeps them guessing. You method they just have to block high the entire time and they get a 50/50 at the END of it that leads to nothing.

The 50/50 situation I propose in the middle of the string gets you either a reset or a EX low into grab.(Or more PRESSURE because of how EX slide works.

Last edited:
While you are correct, There is a small advantage to spamming upknee in corner only.

If I'm not mistaken it's unbreakable damage.

Because the third hit of B1,2,1,4 is a overhead. not the last hit.

So when they "STAY" blocking high waiting for the overhead. you do a low instead. It gives them only a 50% chance to guess right at that moment.

And the REASON it has to be EX is because some people can PUNISH you that close even if you hit them with normal slide. Or atleast get pressure on you. EX slide knocks them down and you usually get a free grab.

What you are trying to do is condition them to want to start blocking low anytime you get that string going

ONce that happens you can then go back to letting his regular string go on and hit him with the overhead part while he's expecting EX slide.

And then you can go for the portal reset.

The one you posted yes you'll get "more chip" but my proposal is better overall damage, and keeps them guessing. You method they just have to block high the entire time and they get a 50/50 at the END of it that leads to nothing.

The 50/50 situation I propose in the middle of the string gets you either a reset or a EX low into grab.(Or more PRESSURE because of how EX slide works.

The full combo still creates a 50/50 since slide hits them if their standing and charge will hit them if they crouch block and you're safe with whichever special you choose on hit and on block it's a bit harder to punish.

The full combo still creates a 50/50 since slide hits them if their standing and charge will hit them if they crouch block and you're safe with whichever special you choose on hit and on block it's a bit harder to punish.

Yes but the 50/50 is at the end. And LEADS TO NO EXTRA DAMAGE.

The version I explained can give you huge damage. you shouldn't stick to 1 gameplan you'll become predictable.

Yes your way is safe for both versions. But you still getting pressured for free if they block correctly at the end. In the way I explain. If they block inccorectly IT's HUGE damage. If they guess correctly it's pressure on you for free.

I don't understand how you're not getting that one 50/50 is just a single hit which you can do at any time because you can cancel into a special at anytime. The overhead 50/50 in MY scenario actually BREAKS a block to deal REAL combo damage. And not just hope to chip them to death. and it keeps them guessing.

You are guaranteed free pressure or a grab up close when you EX slide. When you push them back with the 4 of your B1,2,1,4 they can roll away after being pulled toward you and you can't get the grab.

I'm by no means saying doing it your ways is stupid. It's smart. But you can't play so typical. you'll get read like a book and destroyed.

I won't be afraid of you upclose pressure if all you ever do is 50/50 me at the end. You get your 1 string and the pressure ends. why not stick your 50/50 where you can deal some real damage occasionally.

Giving your opponent ALOt to think about makes the game difficult for them.

If all they have to worry about is your clones. You're playing too by the book and will be destroyed by anyone with half a brain that plays competitively.

You gotta make every aspect of your pressure difficult. Jab - grabs. D3 - grabs, D3, upknee. 1, dash 1,2 upknee. B1,2,1,4 isn't the only way to pressure obviously when they get close. Infact landing a B1,2,1,4 on a good player even their block is a difficult thing because B1 start up is pretty slow. You usually have to Jip their block or catch them with spacing. or put the fear hard enough in them to get it started. normally I get outpoked anytime I just try to straight up start it. or they cross up jump me.

Last edited:
Yes but the 50/50 is at the end. And LEADS TO NO EXTRA DAMAGE.

The version I explained can give you huge damage. you shouldn't stick to 1 gameplan you'll become predictable.

Yes your way is safe for both versions. But you still getting pressured for free if they block correctly at the end. In the way I explain. If they block inccorectly IT's HUGE damage. If they guess correctly it's pressure on you for free.

I don't understand how you're not getting that one 50/50 is just a single hit which you can do at any time because you can cancel into a special at anytime. The overhead 50/50 in MY scenario actually BREAKS a block to deal REAL combo damage. And not just hope to chip them to death. and it keeps them guessing.

You are guaranteed free pressure or a grab up close when you EX slide. When you push them back with the 4 of your B1,2,1,4 they can roll away after being pulled toward you and you can't get the grab.

I'm by no means saying doing it your ways is stupid. It's smart. But you can't play so typical. you'll get read like a book and destroyed.

I'm not sure how it can lead to huge damage unless it's in the corner and Noob is terrible at applying any kind of close range pressure since most of his strings are slow and are either negative frames on block or push the opponent too far away and I'm not too sure but can the opponent do wakeup attacks after Ex slide. What I'm really trying to say here is it's better to be safe with Noob than be risky since almost all characters can do more damage if you take the risk and guess wrong than you can do if you guess right.

I'm not sure how it can lead to huge damage unless it's in the corner and Noob is terrible at applying any kind of close range pressure since most of his strings are slow and are either negative frames on block or push the opponent too far away and I'm not too sure but can the opponent do wakeup attacks after Ex slide. What I'm really trying to say here is it's better to be safe with Noob than be risky since almost all characters can do more damage if you take the risk and guess wrong than you can do if you guess right.

So you've never heard of portal resets? It's not something you can do by throwing a shadow at the end of every string.