Noob Saibot Thread - "We share blood. We are not brothers."

just a word of warnin noobs mk2 is broke as i painfully found out ( nearly broke my knuckle slammin my controller off de table) he can do black hole but not after doin a combo only blackhole behind for some reason but yeah im on x box dunno if its de same on psn

yes, this pisses me the F* off. every update NRS issues, they invariably have some game mechanic bugs in there too.

how the hell do you create a new outfit for a character, yet break their gameplay in the same update, for that specific outfit no less??? makes no sense.

yes, this pisses me the F* off. every update NRS issues, they invariably have some game mechanic bugs in there too.

how the hell do you create a new outfit for a character, yet break their gameplay in the same update, for that specific outfit no less??? makes no sense.

i think its because the alt costume isnt actually a skin but a copy of the noob character. which then it would make sense, they have the mk2 noob, but it doesnt have the updated gameplay (same reason klassic cyrax has bombtrap still).

hopefully they realize this and fix it in the future.

Has anyone else noticed that when doing any 'Shadow' moves or Noobs X-ray in the MK2 costume the character that comes out looks like MK2 smoke and not Noob? Am I the only one seeing that? I swear that costume is grey.

P.S.- Im on PS3.

Has anyone else noticed that when doing any 'Shadow' moves or Noobs X-ray in the MK2 costume the character that comes out looks like MK2 smoke and not Noob? Am I the only one seeing that? I swear that costume is grey.

P.S.- Im on PS3.
Yea also noticed when u turn noon in mk2 outfit into a baby it looks like classic smoke also

I would say smoke does indeed come out when doing noob saibot moves because that's how it used to be back in the day when they had MK:D..etc. It's Noob-Smoke, I guess that's what they consider the classic.

anyone put in any real work at keeping on pressure with noob? its counter intuitive to the general strengths of noob (zoning) but i also think to truly master a char is to squeeze out every drop.

obviously pressure is more then combo strings. its mixups, mind games, low/high and advantage.

when keeping pressure i always try to end a string with teleport as it ends me in the perfect range to connect b+1, and if i want to be tricky i pull off the blackhole resets.

b+1,2,1,4xxblackhole, backdash, shadow charge. i read this on tym apparently you can do a quick backdash causing you to be fullscreen so the opponent cannot roll out of the blackhole, limiting there options. a very nice touch.

after that i tend to do njp, 1,2, 1,2xxex upknee (or reg upknee if im ending there), shadowcharge or teleport depending if i want to zone or keep pressure. i know people try to do the b+2 before you start doing 1,2 but i havent been able to get the second 1,2 off when doing that, any tips?

also as far as a footsies style pressure game what do you use? we have no low start/high starter strings, but we have some fast pokes, and probably learning to jumpin punch would be smart.

yeah aiden wit the B1214after njp if you miss the second hit youll get the third its hard to explain the B1will hit youll miss den pop up hit den the kick also if u half dash after njp you can hit all 4 times the timin is much more strict tho an cheers for the full screen roll trick ill keep it in mind :)

oh another little trick i use is B214 if they keep blockin (for some reason they always break guard.. overhead i suppose)once their conditioned to block do B21 ex blackhole above heheheh works like a charm

ya that string works pretty much like b+1 sept it has faster startup and less range, since they both have overhead they are good for interchanging.

my biggest problem with noob right now is making the switch from defense (blocking a combo string) and offense (initiating my own combo after a blocked string) i find unless i use 1,2 i ALWAYS get caught in another combo. so frustrating >.>

I did one for cyber sub zero figured id do one for noob saibot! (seeing as how i probably play them two the most right now).

Note: most of these kombos listed are meant to be easy enough to execute online regularly. yes there is a 39% no meter corner combo but its a pain. the general idea is to put up strong effective moves that do not require extreme timing online. however i feel this guide is incomplete as i know of no corner resets with blackhole and there are probably some other stuff im missing, so feel free to bring it up!

Noob Saibot's Moveset for Every Situation

BnB Midscreen

B+1,2,1,4 xx Shadow charge (or teleport)

-This is his long range BnB. the b+1 can be connected from the distance you have at the end of teleport which catches many people offguard. like most of Noob's bnbs this has 2 possible endings for 2 different reasons. you can end with shadowcharge to create a LOT of space to continue zoning. You can end in teleport to be more offensive and continue pressure (starting with b+1 works quite often cuz of the range). It has an overhead on third hit.

B+2,1,4 xx shadow charge (or teleport)

-This is essentially the same as above sept it does less damage, it comes out much faster, and has less range. because of how slow b+1 is sometimes you have to go to this string for when you need to comeback from pressure. it has a overhead on second hit.

2,1,2 xx shadow charge (or teleport OR blackhole)

-This move has a defensive reset/punish vs certain characters wakeups with blackhole. its also faster then the previous two, but also doesnt have an overhead. shadow charge also doesnt create as much room as with the other two. still, good for after blocking a string because its fairly fast.

f+3,3 xx shadow upknee

-This string is useful because its one of the only non corner ways to connect upknee from a combo. Why is that important? Because upknee is essentially safe because if blocked it pushes opponent back and upknee itself has fantastic recovery frames. It seems to be a somewhat safe way to pressure as you can mindgame a bit and instead of doing f+3,3 again you can just do another shadow upkneen or f+3 xx upknee which can catch some retaliations.

1,2 xxupknee

-This is the other kombo that can end with upknee midrange. this ones use is somewhat limited, i find if i REALLY need to get that counter after blocking a string this always gets the job done. 1,2 is noobs fastest string. If you use a Exupknee you can throw in a shadowcharge to get back to zoning asap, probably its best use right there! The only problem with this is it IS possible for them to block the upknee, but if they do no worries, its safe and puts you at perfect range for b+1.

B+1,2,F+4

-your only low, but its a mixup off of the b+1 string so learn it! usually best to follow with upknee (after knockdown) because you have little advantage if any and your fairly close, you want something fast to defend with.

Black hole reset/punish combos (opponent has to eat blackhole, i call them /punish in case you get a lucky ex blackhole while zoning)

B+1,2,1,4 xx black hole (behind) backdash (quickly) shadow charge (opponent eats blackhole) njp, b+2, 1,2 dash 1,2 xx upknee/shadow charge

-This is noobs most damage kombo out of a blackhole reset (which is the first part listed above). you backdash quickly after the behind blackhole so your opponent is at full screen, thus he cannot roll out of the blackhole leave only jump and certain wakeupmoves. You can end with either upknee or charge tho usually they are low enough by the second 1,2 that charge will hit and does slightly more damage. Keep in mind you can substitute b+1 string for b+2,1,4 and the reset still works.

2,1,2 xx blackhole (which one depends on situation)

-if you do ontop it puts the blackhole between you and the opponent, great for catching things like subzeros wakeupslide. if you do behind it ends up on top of opponent but you cannot shadow charge or it punts him out of it. if you do in front it puts it on top of noob, back dash to catch some fast wakeup moves, forward dash to catch fast teleports like raiden (yes it catches raidens teleport every time!). its very versatile but is pure mindgame/reading your opponent.

Meter Black hole reset

b+1,2,1,4 xx black hole (behind) backdash (quickly) shadow charge (eats blackhole) njp, b+2, 1,2 dash 1,2xxEx upknee, shadowcharge

-This is noobs most damaging reset/black hole punish because the ex upknee allows for a shadowcharge to connect for more damage!

disclaimer: i have yet to be able to connect b+2, 1,2 1,2. i can do b+2, 1,2 or i can do 1,2 1,2. i know its possible, any help appreciated!

Corner Kombos

No meter

2,1,2 xx upknee, 1,2 xx upknee 1,2 xx upknee 1,2 xx upknee (37%)

-his most powerful no meter corner kombo. throw in a JiP for an overhead.

With Meter

2,1,2 xxExupknee 1,2 xxExupknee 1,2 xxExupknee 1,2 xxupknee 1 xxshadowcharge (53%)

-better then any of his xray kombos i believe.

2,1,2 xx Exupknee 1,2 xxExupknee 1,2 xxupknee 1,2 xxupknee (48%)

-my go to corner kombo, easy, and for 2 bars its hard to be nearly 50% (over 50 with jumpin of course)

2,1,2 xxExupknee 1,2 xxupknee 1,2 xxupknee 1 xxshadowcharge (42%)

-thats what one bar nets you. so you get 5% jump from 0-1 bar, 6% jump from 1-2 bars, and another 5% from 2-3. i find either 0 or 2 to be the sweet spots but to each there own.

Random junk to know

poking

-D+1, D+3, and D+4 are his pokes. D+3 being his fastest easily, followed by d+1 and then d+4, if you hit with any of these you can cancel into a special (most notably upknee). The d+3/4 pokes are used to train your target to block low, all are used to create spacing, and a d+4 into upknee will create even more space and will be safer. its requires fast input speed but is very doable. note that these do not count as combos (the special cancel) and if someone stays holding block they will still block the special attack, which is why i say to use upknee to create that bit of extra spacing. This puts you just OUTSIDE the range of b+1 so upknee/shadowcharge are probably your best strats right then depending on the situation.

Teleport

-dont be stupid with it, its a punish tool at best. its easy to block on reaction. So when do you use it? when countering a projectile or punishing a jump are the two best situations. also at the end of a kombo for keeping pressure up. you can use it straight up sometimse but be prepared to eat a kombo if you do it more then once.

Double Charge

-most know this by now id hope but when you get a shadow charge to hit from fullscreen the opponent HAS to block the next one or take the hit again. they cannot jump, roll, teleport, they have to take the hit or block. know this and abuse it.

Upknee is god

-Probably your best special. it has a great hibox, great recovery, ex launcheas high enough for a charge/teleport combo and has a even larger hitbox. if you find your opponent blocking your strings you can upknee to make it safe as well (similar to kanos choke).

Slide

-use this sparingly at best. you should NEVER use it within the opponents armored special/jump in range or you will eat a kombo. its best used at 3/4-full screen as a mixup with your zoning. yes it has armor as a wakeup but it also provides little advantage as well unless you use Ex version. psuedo upknee wakeup or block/delayed getups are usually a better bet then slide when opponent is close.

optimum b+1 range setups

-these are the times when you end up in the perfect range to try for a b+1. note that this doesnt mean you will always be able to get b+1 off before the opponent, its just setups that are a bit safer then trying it at point blank or guessing the distance with dashins.

-after teleport
-blocked f+3,3 xxupknee
-blocked b+1,2,1,4
-blocked b+2,1,4
-any blocked upknee save for the pokes into upknee (slightly too far for them)

Last edited:
there are inconsistancies in there im going to clean up in a min. one thing i dont have down is air punish kombos.

that is kombos like on blocked raidens superman (where hes spinning) or some kind of anti air.

i find i could do 1,2 1,2 xx shadow charge (maybe throw a njp in idunno) but there has to be something better. when working with the training mode i found if i entered the B+1 string at the soonest possible moment the computer never blocks it intime, its possible that the time it takes to connect with b+1 synchs up with that small window where a person touches tehre feet on the ground after a blocked superman/teleport. if so, we have a air punish with a possible blackhole reset...very sexy.

have u heard of noobs glitch were if u press B1 quick enough on wake upu get a free shadow charge ill try an post a link its crazy

JP, B+1, 2, 1, 4, DF 2 (far black hole) followed by DF 3 (shoulder charge) or BF 4 (slide) to hit him /her in case he rolls back and did not fall through the portal, if he does he'll land right in front of you, catch him with Neutral JP and do the B+1, 2, 1, 4 DF2 again watch out for fast wake up teleporters though. Btw it's not 1 complete string but it will throw the other off guard, if he stays down or blocks he'll fall trough. If he rolls back you'll connect with the slide or shoulder follow up. So to make it clear this one is w/o slide or charge JP, B+1,2,1,4, DF2, NJP B+1,2,1,4,DF2 and repeat or end it how you see fit. This is with charge JP, B+1,2,1,4, DF2, DF3, NJP B+1,2,1,4, DF2 and repeat. With slide JP, B+1,2,1,4, DF2, BF4, NJP, B+1,2,1,4,DF2 and... yeah well you get the picture. Try it out you'll see that it can be EXTREMELY annoying for the other fighter. Ow and I just noticed that extremely detailed list a few posts back by Aedanwolfe so you won't be needing these looooool

Last edited:
Hey.

I'm new here, but I really like Noob's theme (I've always wanted a portal using guy in a fighting game!)

However, I have a question: Has noob ever been an offensive charcter?

I ask because making him a fast attacker like scropion would make more sense to me. have him rapidly attack, punch the guy through portals at range, etc He seems underpowered as of now, and for some reason still got nerfed in a patch.

my biggest problem with noob right now is making the switch from defense (blocking a combo string) and offense (initiating my own combo after a blocked string) i find unless i use 1,2 i ALWAYS get caught in another combo. so frustrating >.>

Are you on PS3? we should spar sometime
add whichever tag under my profile pic (if you have both then preferably PS3) I'm having the same problem and working on countering after opponents combo string too

Hey guys, I'm trying to make Noob my second main, but I'm having a hard time with close range combat. Actually, it's a problem I always have: some players just love to stay right next to you, hit you, jump over your head, hit you, jump over your head, hit you, and repeat that over and over and over again, until they're tired of me blocking and throws me away. With some characters I can overcome that, but with Noob it's hard since his combos are so slow and his Shadow Upknee doesn't work very well when the opponent jumps over you. So please, help me here.

PS: aedanwolfe, what do you mean by pseudo upknee in your post?

Hey guys, I'm trying to make Noob my second main, but I'm having a hard time with close range combat. Actually, it's a problem I always have: some players just love to stay right next to you, hit you, jump over your head, hit you, jump over your head, hit you, and repeat that over and over and over again, until they're tired of me blocking and throws me away. With some characters I can overcome that, but with Noob it's hard since his combos are so slow and his Shadow Upknee doesn't work very well when the opponent jumps over you. So please, help me here.

PS: aedanwolfe, what do you mean by pseudo upknee in your post?

shadow upknee works quite well actually, just have to practice the timing. i also believe one of his kicks (non combo kick) hits high enough to work as a anti air.

i called it a psuedo upknee for his wakeup upknee attack because while it can be used on wakeup it doesnt have the properities of a wakeup attack.

shadow upknee works quite well actually, just have to practice the timing. i also believe one of his kicks (non combo kick) hits high enough to work as a anti air.

i called it a psuedo upknee for his wakeup upknee attack because while it can be used on wakeup it doesnt have the properities of a wakeup attack.

I see. I doesn't have armor then? Also, is it his best wake up attack?

I see. I doesn't have armor then? Also, is it his best wake up attack?

He only has 2. Upknee (no armor) and slide (wakeup special). If they are within jip distance or closer you want to avoid using wakeup slide usually as u can be punished for it. Upknee is usually safer. Don't forget about rolling/jumping/blocking/delayed getup. They all have there uses