Noob Saibot Thread - "We share blood. We are not brothers."

well i do know that if you cast the behind hole and then immediatly shadow tackle him from about mid to close range he gets tackled into the blackhole, tho i still think its an iffy way about.

^Yeah, but unless you EX it, the recovery time on the BH from close/mid range leaves Noob open to a punishment combo (too open for my liking at least -- slides and Reptile's Force Ball would eat him alive). That's an interesting discovery, but the in-front BH still seems to have far too much off-the-cuff potential for it to be the hardest of the three BH's to pull off.

i agree.

i know noob is probably meant to have weak midfield combos, but id still love to be able to use blackholes as combo extenders.

ok, i have to completly re-learn noob now, i think his portal might actually be useful and have a decent setup now.

B+1,2,1 blackhole (behind)

now as far as i can tell, shadowcharge/slide stuffs the wakeup option at this range your at after this combo (unless someone can prove me wrong) they cant seem to jump out of it (tho ai set to jump might be unreliable) and te only way i see it is if they block low. basically if slide or charge hits, it knocks them into the portal, setting you up for some nice damage.

im unsure how effective it is, but at first glance it might be very worthit.

edit: forgot the main reason why i think this is doable is because you recove from blackhole before they recover frmo being knocked down.

also, after reading you njp meter combo, there is a even better (tho possibly more difficult) one because its meterless. there is a video of it in the testyourmight noobs combo section, last or second to last page i believe.

looks something like

blackhole, shadowcharge njp, b+2, dash, 1,2, dash, 1,2 shadow charge, 35%

edit: sorry, put a shadowcharge in between the blackhole and njp (so its a behind blackhole)

if the B+1,2,1 blackhole (behind) followed immediatly by charge/slide works out, then we have a easy setup into the 35% meterless combo

F+3 knocks them in the hole too it seems and has faster recover, but 3% less damage

as well as F(move forward after B+1,2,1) D+4

editXinfiniti

ok, have to post this too lol. i noticed the B+1,2,1 blackhole (behind) first i already said you recover before your opponent, but even if they block a shadowcharge standing or crouching they get pushed back into the hole.

this means there only response to this strat is a wakeup with armor, or jumping which we can anti air, they cant even tele i believe if it works the same way as a full string knockdown the first shadow will take him otu of tele. shit, someone shoot this down before i get my hopes up that i found something good!

Last edited:
also, after reading you njp meter combo, there is a even better (tho possibly more difficult) one because its meterless. there is a video of it in the testyourmight noobs combo section, last or second to last page i believe.

looks something like

blackhole, shadowcharge njp, b+2, dash, 1,2, dash, 1,2 shadow charge, 35%

edit: sorry, put a shadowcharge in between the blackhole and njp (so its a behind blackhole)

if the B+1,2,1 blackhole (behind) followed immediatly by charge/slide works out, then we have a easy setup into the 35% meterless combo

Nice stuff, I like that setup! The only thing I don't like is the delay Noob is caught in after throwing the Shadow Tackle that makes it more difficult to NJP them out of the BH drop than it should. Other than that, it's a decent setup. I think Noob's mid game is just completely untapped, but we're making some headway, that's for sure. Meterless combo's are here or there for me really, especially one that utilized that painfully slow B+2. Given the zoning I put out, I almost always have an EX bar to burn with Noob so meterless combos are really more of a luxury to me at this point since most are so difficult to pull off haha.

On a side note, I may have finally found a nasty string that utilizes a behind Black Hole and that only requires one EX. It doesn't link into a traditional "combo" properly obviously, but I'm almost certain it essentially traps the opponent into the Black Hole due to recovery if the start-up connects. I gotta get some legitimate testing in online; hopefully the the lag and de-synchs don't botch it up.

ya thats why i was testing with the B+1,2,1 blackhole (behind) you can charge/slide/kick/low kick them into it, and the kicks are easier to njp off of.

guys should check out testyourmight.com's "noob combo thread" he has resets now apparently, and is capable of doing metered midscreen combos. even a guy who got a 37% combo off of a EX blackhole from fullscreen starting. and a 64% corner combo no reset.

ill have to look at them more closely when i get the chance. things like resets and 64% corner combo is OP imo so i wouldnt be surprised to see noob get adjusted in the future but its still cool to check out!

Why are none of the combo's after Shadow upknee shown? As in when your opponent jumps in on you and you do shadow upknee.

I personally like to dash after my anti-air shadow upknee, then do his >3,3,3 then special cancel into his shadow Charge.

But i've seen the computer do shadow upknee into jump kick, then teleport slam.

Anyone else punish after shadow upknee ?

you can also just do plain old shadow upknee, into shadow charge.

Again these only work if they are Jumping/in the air. when you hit them. doesn't work off the ground. but since you use this move mostly as an anti air this situation happens alot.

EDIT: on the topic of the portal move. I NEVER use it, unless im in the corner and I choose to finish my combo with a portal reset scenario. And I time my jump so if they choose to jump out of it, ht them with a nuetral jump punch and start all over again. If i jump and then they fall through the portal since I miss my chance to use nuetral jump punch because i'm landing at the moment, I restart my pressure. Most of the good players try to jump out seeing the portal. alot of newbs will just eat the portal. It's a 50/50 guess but if you guess right it's another huge combo.

Most of the good players try to jump out seeing the portal. alot of newbs will just eat the portal. It's a 50/50 guess but if you guess right it's another huge combo.

The problem people overlook is that you have three placement options for a reason. I know I used to be an anti-BH advocate, but I've realized over my labbing that the Black Hole is the best mind-game move Noob has. I used to hate it, but then about two weeks ago my lab results with it finally turned around. Now, I find it as a huge resourceful tool that has a use in almost all of my Noob strategies, especially the EX variant.

i need to get to practicing with noob more again. i still think the partial bh trap i posted has merit, not as good as say reptiles but still good. and as for the punishing on shadowupknee...i guess i never thought of it, probably because when i do shadowupknee im thinking "OMG GTFO ME BRO" and continue zoning, def gonna be doing the f,3,3,3 more often.

I've haven't used black hole a lot, but it seems like it has some very practical uses. Namely for people that dash block or start jumping towards you...seems like a good rhythm breaker.

i need to get to practicing with noob more again. i still think the partial bh trap i posted has merit, not as good as say reptiles but still good. and as for the punishing on shadowupknee...i guess i never thought of it, probably because when i do shadowupknee im thinking "OMG GTFO ME BRO" and continue zoning, def gonna be doing the f,3,3,3 more often.

Just note the f333 one I believe you gotta hit them when they cross jump you just so you know.

and as for the punishing on shadowupknee...i guess i never thought of it, probably because when i do shadowupknee im thinking "OMG GTFO ME BRO" and continue zoning, def gonna be doing the f,3,3,3 more often.

I'm the same way lol. I'm still working on being able to play Noob close up (I've been dabbling with him on and off since release) and so when I hit the Shadow Upknee I'm too busy getting my wits back and zoning in (pun intended) to think of comboing out of it. Great tip Critical, I'm gonna practice that some as soon as the power is back on in my house lol.

(A ridiculous storm knocked my power out 20 hours ago and it's still not back. I went to Starbucks to finish up my research paper and now that I'm done I'm just fully charging my laptop's battery haha. I don't even drink coffee. =P)

Well the >3,3,3 is pretty frame specific when they jump over you. you want to hit them just as they are getting behind you w/o crossing you up. so they get sent away but not as far because they were technically behind you. I am able to do it offline not too hard. But Online I had a huge problem doing it.

as for the jump kick, teleport slam the computer did to me.... I'm thinking it did it with the EX shadow up knee. which is not good. You can still do it in the corner but Noob has better corner options. If you happen to kick them out of the air though you can still teleport slam, no reason not to.

If all else fails you still have Shadow up knee into shadow charge atleast. any extra damage is worth it.

didn't see this on the combo list:

(corner) b1,2,1,4,ex shadow upknee+b2,1,4, shadow upknee+f3,3,3 [12 hits, 37%]

I believe this could be done midscreen if dash was implemented.

ok guys hope dis helps (xbox buttons) jump in y Bxyx shadow behind (Faa if not blocking) (b if blocking) jump x (pop up) dash a xy enhanced upknee enhanced teleport midscreen 12 hits 40% damage ... sorry if it looks confusing its my first attempt heheh