Noob Saibot Thread - "We share blood. We are not brothers."

The cool thing about noob is because of shadow (Saibot) him popping out the punch like that gives Noob a bit of a range on the punch. I like to back up when my opponent jumps toward/approaches me and start with B+1. Test out his range I think it's an unnoticed small advantage to Noob. You can stop a jump punch or kick if you do B+1 early and at the right time. When I use Noob I try not to over use Tele-Slam. I know what it looks like when it's over used and I definitely use all of noobs combos (they look good when you do them). And throwing some special moves in the combo :)

While noob is accurately described as a all out zoning/keepaway char after playing with him a lot id like to elaborate.

suffice to say noobs combos are simple and weak. however, there is intention with this madness!

notice the combos he does have, and his specials, they all push the opponent outside of melee/sweep range, some outside of jump-in range as well. his shadowclones are so fast that if you land one of these combo strings you can always get a clone (slide or charge) off and the opponent will not be able to do a wakeup and also have to block or eat the clone. This makes him all around annoying to fight as almost every aspect of his gameplay revolves around getting room and spamming those clones.

This is not to say he doesnt have ways to answer close up, in fact he has two ways to get in quickly, his teleport and his darkness hole attacks. While teleport can be linked at the end of a combo, its really only beneficial if your pressuring for whatever reason, otherwise a shadowcharge is better. No what tele can do very well is punish any jump, which people can be tempted to do with the clones.

as for the darkness hole, there are two ways to use it excluding mind games, one being ex darkness hole. it travels fast enough that it often catches a player offguard, and can allow you to quickly get a player to the wall for some wall combos of which noobs are decent. The other is to use it after a combo such as 2,1,2, D,B,2 or B+1,2,1,4,D,B,2. both of these combos will result in the darkness hole landing between you and the enemy. This discourages wakeup attacks like sub zeros slide as they will just slide into the portal (ive tested, it works like a charm) and you can begin another combo.

he also has one combo worth mentioning. B+1,2,F+4, this is his ONLY combo that ends in a low hit. This makes B+1,2 his mixup starter as he can take it to a low kick for blockers or continue it into his full combo that can end in either shadowcharge or darkness hole depending on your needs. however B+1,2,1,4 is a lousy one to use your xray off of compared to 2,1,2 which all said and done is a full 5% more damage(43% vs 38%), though it doesnt have the mixup potential, so its up to you. I dont know what hit confirmable exactly means (im a noob afterall) but i get the impression its important for mixups. as such i do not know of B+1,2 is hi confirmable for going with the full combo or the low kick but i think it is, need someone else to confirm.

he does have another mixup (again assuming im using the term right, would love someone to correct me if im not) in the form of B+2,1,4. The second attack is a overhead, and this combo unlike B+1,2,F+4 can end in a shadowclone/teleport/darkness portal/xray

This means that outside of the corner, every single one of noobs midfield combos save for B+1,2,F+4 can end in any of his specials (sept the front and back portals) AND his xray. This makes noob EXTREMELY dangerous with a full meter, and the only time you wouldnt want to use noobs xray is when your in a corner for a 49% ex shadowupknee combo juggle (6-11% more damage depending on combo string)

lastly a little no-no, F+3,3,3, dont ever combo this into a xray, it actually does 1% LESS damage then just using xray on its own, its all high kicks, and is has no mixup potential. if someone knows noobs moveset at all and sees this, hes not gonna have a difficult time stopping it.

PS: i forgot about F+4,3 little combo. its fairly useless. also whereas the B+1,2,F+4 will not allow you to end with a xray (or a special), F+4,3 can end in a xray, but the xray will ALWAYS miss, far as i can tell stay away from it.

and this is what ive learned so far, probably a bit of overlap, i apologize.

Very good analysis on Noob Saibot's strengths and weaknesses.

aye, apparently i overlooked one of his reg combos has an overhead on the third hit.

you might consider it a good analasys but in actual practice im not that good. not enough to muscle memory yet, especially wall combos. played vs a guy online he beat me with like 4-6 diff characters multiple times on each including noob saibot himself. i started winning a few towards the end, dont know if i was getting better or if he was getting bored though :p

aye, apparently i overlooked one of his reg combos has an overhead on the third hit.

you might consider it a good analasys but in actual practice im not that good. not enough to muscle memory yet, especially wall combos. played vs a guy online he beat me with like 4-6 diff characters multiple times on each including noob saibot himself. i started winning a few towards the end, dont know if i was getting better or if he was getting bored though :p

He probably got bored from kicking your ass on a constant. Try playing Ladder mode with Expert difficulty. It plays similar to online players. That will help you out.

i shall try. ive done practice with ai on expert and i discovered if they dont have teleport the ai pretty much lets me spam clones until it dies from max range. ill just have to not succumb to that temptation.

^Which is no different than playing people who are inexperienced in dealing with Noob, lol. I can't tell you how many times people have played right into my hands recently. If you're not going to block AND try to stay away from me, I'm going to abuse you with my shadows until you make me play in-close.

I already mastered cyrax and im really considering using noob saibot. He is really interesting. He basically plays keep way right? I think I can handle that. I'll keep reading throughoout this thread to get some tips/tricks

Hello Bi-Han. How are you doing in the Netherrealm? lol at being sarcastic

I'm doing quite well, actually... the competition down here's getting pretty stale though. Say hi to your wife and child for me, Hanzo. :p

(Hahaha! +rep)

I already mastered cyrax and im really considering using noob saibot. He is really interesting. He basically plays keep way right? I think I can handle that. I'll keep reading throughoout this thread to get some tips/tricks

It's a bit more than that actually. To get really good with him, you have to learn the tactics of how to get decent spacing from close quarters. His main thing from range is about getting the opponent more preoccupied with avoiding a mix-up of his shadows so they can get back in-close, which can make them less focused on their gameplan. This can lead certain players to play right into your hands.

I'm doing quite well, actually... the competition down here's getting pretty stale though. Say hi to your wife and child for me, Hanzo. :p

(Hahaha! +rep)

It's a bit more than that actually. To get really good with him, you have to learn the tactics of how to get decent spacing from close quarters. His main thing from range is about getting the opponent more preoccupied with avoiding a mix-up of his shadows so they can get back in-close, which can make them less focused on their gameplan. This can lead certain players to play right into your hands.

dont suppose you have a strategy for getting said room, right now all i do is try in vain to land one of the combo strings because the last hit is a knockback.

and on a sidenote i HATE WITH ALL MY SOUL cyrax on expert, like..shaking with anger at this point (6 outa ten for the ladder so far). real people never make me this upset >.>

Damn you Bi-Han. I'll make sure you'll pay for putting my family into this. :mad: lol

And what would you do, Hanzo? Are we to be two immortals locked in an epic battle until Judgment Day and trumpets sound, hmm?

dont suppose you have a strategy for getting said room, right now all i do is try in vain to land one of the combo strings because the last hit is a knockback.

Haha, I do actually. There's the combo I created and posted on page 1 that grants you significant space and only requires the EX Upknee and Slide to connect. Both of Noob's BnB combos deal knock-back if the finishing blow connects (B+1 2 1 4 and 2 1 2) You can also use a Shadow Slide followed by a Shadow Tackle for a nice one-two that gives you decent breathing room, and a few others. Play me on PSN sometime, I'll show you what I've learned with Noob. ;)

Last edited:
kinda hoping this expert ladder is worth it, because shao khan is a diiiiiicccckkkkk.

edit: ok pardon my french but holy shit how do you beat this guy without being cheap or having 40% combos.

kinda hoping this expert ladder is worth it, because shao khan is a diiiiiicccckkkkk.

edit: ok pardon my french but holy shit how do you beat this guy without being cheap or having 40% combos.

LOL the AI wont care if you play cheap and your best bet is to stay at range and teleslam around his hammer and spear

LOL the AI wont care if you play cheap and your best bet is to stay at range and teleslam around his hammer and spear

i was trying not to be cheap to make myself a better player heh.

also that tip works great, until he does 5 or so shoulder checks in a row...god.

edit: yay, hes killed me 56 times now.

Last edited:
The cool thing about noob is because of shadow (Saibot) him popping out the punch like that gives Noob a bit of a range on the punch. I like to back up when my opponent jumps toward/approaches me and start with B+1. Test out his range I think it's an unnoticed small advantage to Noob. You can stop a jump punch or kick if you do B+1 early and at the right time. When I use Noob I try not to over use Tele-Slam. I know what it looks like when it's over used and I definitely use all of noobs combos (they look good when you do them). And throwing some special moves in the combo :)

I tested that B+1 out a bit, it actually has a longer range then a sweep attack, this can probably be abused by some skilled players.

edit: the 32% damage wall juggle (meterless) that ends with 2,1,shadowcharge, its actually easier (for me at least) to do the 1,2,shadowcharge, and its 33% damage instead of 32%. damn me and my practice mode lol

editx2: the 49% full meter shadowupknee juggle that ends with F+3,3,3, if you end it with 1,2,shadowcharge its 50% instead of 49%...i was wondering if it would give me more here and it does.

sweeet, noob has a 50% wall juggle :p

Last edited:
Hey i have 2 new enhanced combos

Both do more damage than this one you posted : B+1, 2, 1, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Shadow Slide - 5 Hits 23%
24% (1 Bar): B+1,2,1 + EX Shadow Upknee + Shadow Charge
26% (2 Bars): B+1,2,1 + EX Shadow Upknee + EX Shadow Charge

And i have a new Xray combo
39% 6 Hits: B+1, 2, 1 X-Ray
Does more damage than this u posted B+1, 2, 1, 4, X-Ray - 7 Hits 38% [dont know why, cause mine has one less hit :S]

Last edited: