My hypothetical scene of dialogue between Liu Kang and Shang Tsung for a movie

Sweetre15

The concept I'm playing with is putting a different spin of the dynamic between Kang and Shang to make it more complex than just hatred for each other...Basically it would be Shang trying to get into Kang's head to corrupt or turn him from his destiny because not only is he potentially interested in having him on his side but he knows that he poses a threat to both his and Kahn's plan. The scene is not perfect but I just thought I'd share a bit of this idea with you guys anyway.

The scene starts with Shang walking to Kang and putting his hand out for a handshake,

Kang would then bluntly comment: "What could you want with me, "I'm your enemy remember?"

Shang would then say : "Hey, I'd just like to make peace and get to know this "chosen" one "maybe even give you a few tips since I was once amongst your kind. I didn't make to where I am easily you know"

Kang then would respond by saying: "Dont make me laugh, hiding Behind Goro for 500 years while he wins all the tournaments is pretty easy wouldn't you say?"

Shang: "Nice, I take it you did a little research on me, in this tournament it's all about surviving by any means necessary. It's kill or be killed then is no place for handling things in a civilized fashion"

Kang: "We'll see just how "quickly" I fail fighting in a civilized fashion soon enough"

Shang: "Mark my words, you'll succumb to winning by any means soon enough"

Raiden would then intervene and ask Shang what he is up to
and his responds by saying: "I'm just about to leave and call on the next contenders for the tournament" and walks away with an evil smirk on his face.

Raiden then tells Kang: "Careful around him.....He's extremely deceitful and he'll only bring you down if you dare put trust in him"

Kang: "Think I dont know that" and then he walks away from Raiden."

Post your thoughts below....Constructive criticism would be ideal.

I like the concept a lot, and I wish this would be the direction NRS would take with MK. Shang was always a better boss than Kahn in my opinion because he wasn't just this one-track minded juice head. He could manipulate you into harming yourself and everyone you know, instead of just throwing hammers at you.

Some constructive criticism as far as the dialogue goes: sometimes brevity sounds better than detail. For example

"Dont make me laugh, hiding Behind Goro for 500 years while he wins all the tournaments is pretty easy wouldn't you say?"
would sound better as

"Hiding Behind Goro for 500 years.. this is what you consider hard work?"

Keep it up. I love reading this kind of stuff. : )

Last edited:
I like the concept a lot, and I wish this would be the direction NRS would take with MK. Shang was always a better boss than Kahn in my opinion because he wasn't just this one-track minded juice head. He could manipulate you into harming yourself and everyone you know, instead of just throwing hammers at you.

Some constructive criticism as far as the dialogue goes: sometimes brevity sounds better than detail. For example

would sound better as

Keep it up. I love reading this kind of stuff. : )

thanks man..sounds good