May 21st..... fact or fiction

KJ012005

So at work someone said saturday is doomsday.... what are your thoughts.....
if this is a sensitive topic, just delete the thread....

Radical religious people say a lot of crazy crap and use their faith alone to justify it. I read somewhere that it's like the 7000th anniversary of God flooding the Earth or something. How the heck does anyone know that anyway and what does that have to do with ending the Earth?

I also read that the rapture was Saturday, not the destruction of the planet. That's allegedly five months later on October 21st? Lol, do these people think that God is sitting up there marking off dates on a calendar?

In other words, I'm not too concerned. But I do understand why some people are. I'm not dogging on anyone's faith here.

Radical religious people say a lot of crazy crap and use their faith alone to justify it. I read somewhere that it's like the 7000th anniversary of God flooding the Earth or something. How the heck does anyone know that anyway and what does that have to do with ending the Earth?

I also read that the rapture was Saturday, not the destruction of the planet. That's allegedly five months later on October 21st? Lol, do these people think that God is sitting up there marking off dates on a calendar?

In other words, I'm not too concerned. But I do understand why some people are. I'm not dogging on anyone's faith here.

Somebody has done their research LOL!

You saved me a trip to Google!

To be honest, I don't think its accurate.... I believe in God, and a God fearing man, but if you google and read some of the articles, its unbelievable... like post rapture pet sits, man spends $140000 life savings, and people quiting their jobs..... like wow.

I remember driving around San Diego and there was a giant billboard that read: "Holy God will bring JUDGEMENT DAY on May 21st, 2011" first thing i thought was what's going to replace that on the 22nd

I remember driving around San Diego and there was a giant billboard that read: "Holy God will bring JUDGEMENT DAY on May 21st, 2011" first thing i thought was what's going to replace that on the 22nd

A sign that says "LOL J/K we meant (insert another date here)"

2 months ago some church guy gave me a paper saying this. The first thing on my mind was " I thought it was 2012 that's it these people are confused"

Some of these religious nuts come to my school and protest in front of the school culture and arts building. Never near the Natural Sciences building though. And sometimes, you'll find some people you never thought were that gullible joining their ranks. The Bible and its sister the Quran could be read one million different ways. One million different judgments have come forth from them, and people make a business out of "prophecies". Some take the amount of letters in a parable and multiply it by "3" (the trinity) etc. There are so many ways you can't count. Why these books and not Charles Dickens? Because these books said they were the infallible word of god some 2,000 or 1,400 years ago in lands where there was so much poverty and death that people would readily believe promises of a better life after death. Earthly pleasures were for those creme of the crop that had means, for everyone else, life was short, brutish, and nasty.

On a more humorous note, had anyone ever been given one of those ultra-radical pamphlets by Jack Chic? The ones with pro-Christian comics that talk about atheists being pedophiles and what not? Great source of humor.

yep i live in SD and there is three that ive seen. 2 are by my house lol

FICTION BEYOND BELIEF!!! I am very christian, in the bible it clearly states "NO MAN SHALL KNOW THE RETURN OF CHRIST" these people need to read the bible, and I have looked into this, there has been nothing proving it. Just signs all over the world saying he is comming back, and random scriptures.