What Kind of Player Are You?

thank you, as someone else said welcome to TRMK, i have only played mortal kombat 9 for 3 hours so far i have not really got a play style, but im aiming to become an attacking player who can trick others, i'll try to be adaptive also but for the moment i am focused on the basics of attacking

that's good...MK9 is a very fun game..for example, if you lack in combo, you can make it up with tricks and other things such as being an annoying player that messes up other player's combo pattern...or learn how to put attacker in defensive mode because attacker player usually suck at playing defense lol..but there are a lot of adaptive and well rounded player online...

thanks i will learn defense im just playing agianst the AI on easy atm though so not much need for defense yet(though i did play against a friend and i seemed good at defense.........even if i accidently did it :p )

and thanks ENIGMA86 its a very fun game from the limited time i have had to play, its great that there is so many diffrent ways to play

im def, a defensive, combo player, i wait for them to make a mistake then punish most of the time, but i also mix it up and go offensive jsut to put them of guard.
and my other two mates i play with are

first one: constant offensive, just constantly chasing you and mashing single buttons, very frustrating.
2nd one: turtle spammer, constantly jumping away and using special move after special move,(noob) and he always duck block/uppercut, thats all, no combo's.. so irritating.

Well, I'm pretty good at frame trapping and mixing up my opponent so chances are you'll find me very annoying up close. :) I also love shenanigans and mind*****.

Other than that I usually don't like zoning, I'm a very rushdown oriented player most of the time.

I start by getting a few fireballs in(sindel) then when they come to get me, wait for the moment to strike and get them in the air or in the corner. Just BnB combos from there>:D

I usually mix it up. I think I'm pretty defensive oriented, but that's mostly because I try every character even if I don't know much about them, so I prefer to punish the enemy for their mistakes when I'm playing someone I don't know much yet. Also since I main Scorpion and Sub-Zero for now I don't like being TOO offensive with him because any mistake is potentially a free combo for the other guy.

But like I said, I like to mix it up alot. When I play Kitana I'm extremely offensive, switching between long range throwing and short range special moves/combo's.

I was playing against this one guy today and I went through all my favorite characters but was still having alot of fun, so instead of being a douchebag and picking the same character again I just set it to random select. I got Johnny Cage like 3 times in a row. I actually think I could really start to like his playstyle, but anyway, I was being very offensive with him (I think that's how he's supposed to be played, anyway). Whenever the other guy started to zone me from long range I switched between throwing the green ball thingies and dash-blocking forward to get back to him. That seemed to work well since he never knew what to expect.

Next he picked Cyrax and my random selector also picked Cyrax for me. I'd never played with Cyrax before, so I thought I was going to lose, but a quick look at the specials screen and just mashing some buttons to see what he does later I was completely owning him. I love his net and bombs, seriously! In this case, I was using tricks alot :)

Oh and I played a bit with Ermac too. I like to mix it up between being offensive and zoning with him, people don't usually expect me to bring the fight to them when I'm playing Ermac.

So yeah... I guess I'm pretty adaptive. I'll see how I play when I find a favorite character...

Edit: added in some paragraphs for ease of reading.

I'm adaptive but tend to be a defensive combo trick type depends on the character I'm usings tool set really

I defend most of the time but play mind games with my opponent too. I'll toss out a close bomb than a medium bomb and watch my opponent scramble/ jump around than I will capture them in my net. From there I will teleport close and release a devastating combo. Through out the match i'll do a few pokes here and there to keep my opponent away. I basically sit back and watch my opponents reactions than handle them in the appropriate manner

I like to mix in special moves with short burst combos. Like with Quan Chi, I start with his X,X,X combo, then I follow up with a skull throw. With scorpion, if I hit you with a spear, you're dead. I then teleport, do the x, x, x, combo, then another spear, I then do the toward+Y, X, B combo. With sektor, I do the Y,X,Y combo after a quick jump punch and I follow up with a flamethrower. Now, I'm usually an offensive player. I press the assult and if I sense they can attack me worse, I fall back and go on the defensive. I've gotten 19 wins and 8 Losses. Definitely not the best, but I sure as hell am good at it. There was a tourney @ gamestop the night it was released and I made it to the semifinal round.

Ehhh, I'd say I'm defensive, combo and rushdown.

Primarily I am defensive, when I see an opening I will rush you down and won't allow you any room to breath with 25% combos. If I'm in trouble thats when I pull out my 40% plus combos, while being extremely defensive.

I like to keep a bit of distance. Let them make the first move and respond from there. I prefer to play a bit on the defensive side, sitting back until they let me rush in or punish. It's when I get overly anxious that I move in too quickly, too often, or something like that and get myself punished that I get into trouble. I'm still pretty new to taking fighting games semi-seriously, lol. This is the first game I've ever really learned any combos, even just the short 15-25% combos that I know now.

Really depends on the character I'm playing against, but according to the feedback I've been getting from other players, I'm a player who just spams Kitana's fan toss and totally suck.

Really depends on the character I'm playing against, but according to the feedback I've been getting from other players, I'm a player who just spams Kitana's fan toss and totally suck.

Lol oh the things people say because they can't accept losing...