Wow, so on top on laggy online and crappy online passes, it's region locked as well?

Jakarta

What happens if you make a Europe account but you're in the U.S.? Does that mean you can only fight Europe players? Cause yesterday my 2 day online pass expired and I used another account to get another 2 day pass, only to realize that accounts are region locked and EU folks can't fight US folks or see the rooms and matches.

That means I need two accounts just to fight everyone here, and because of that online pass ******** I'll need new ones every couple days until PS Store comes back. WTF!

yes ..seems to be, I've searched for the TRMK Room yesterday and didn't find it. But does this work with the second account? mhm ..

no, I dont think so. Ive tried to play with somebuddy from the US just before PSN went down. Didnt work

So I guess the point of me entering in the PS3 tournament was pointless, then. Well okay. :p

Your (hard-earned) win, Viking Poodle. :]

I dont think thats it.

Is region blocked but no by the user region, by the game region.

If your account is from Europe and if your game is from US you can fight US people but no Europe people.

I have an spain account but a Us game and i fight US people, also i couldnt fight with a portuguese guy from this forum because he has a europe version of the game.

I had the same thing going on with subzerosmokerai for the TRMK Tournament...

I was looking for the 0TRMK room, couldn't find it, kept inviting him but it didn't show on his side... really stupid.

Decided to forfeit the game and let him go through as TRMK is an overall US players forum...

That sucked!! Online play is ok, but region locking? come on...

I have 2 users an spanish one and a us one, and I played with both users against the same persons and in the same online room. So its confirmed region blocking doesnt depend of user region set up, depends on your game version (US, Europe)

Fox17; said:
I have 2 users an spanish one and a us one, and I played with both users against the same persons and in the same online room. So its confirmed region blocking doesnt depend of user region set up, depends on your game version (US, Europe)

if thats true ..sucks

Edit:

well, I've created a account. and its not working. Same rooms as EU. So no US games for me :(

Last edited:
You guys are talking about PS3? On Xbox there is no region lock - anyone can play anyone.

i think so aswell cuz i'm in europe, have game from europe and have a european account and had no trouble so far. as for the 0TRMK room. it's not always up but sometimes it is. so maybe you just logged in when nobody opened it ^^

Could somebody with twitter ask noobde (or mk_mortalkombat, hecterrific, etc) WHY PS3 is regionlocked if 360 isnt?! that sucks -.-

edit: please ;)

Last edited:
this region locking thing is a big suprise to me, but not a good one, if i had of known this was the case before hand i probably would not of bought a console and a t.v just for this game, it all seems like a waste now :(

this region locking thing is a big suprise to me, but not a good one, if i had of known this was the case before hand i probably would not of bought a console and a t.v just for this game, it all seems like a waste now :(
Sorry to hear that.

Yeah i do not see why you can still play with europe people.

Why do you care where your rival come from?

Yeah i do not see why you can still play with europe people.

Why do you care where your rival come from?

because some guys from my FL(ps3) are from the US and I've been looking forward playing them!

edit: noobde @twitter

@Jygga_Jaguar Will we be able 2 play
against every1 in the world? I live in Sweden and want 2 play with American friends. Noobde: Sorry.

So ..why are xbox guys able to play against the world ..I really want to know that ...

Last edited: