Official PSN Lobby thread - 0TRMK

Seriously some of you guys have horrible internet, like stop using America Online, I lose every laggy match and it's annoying not being able to move. Other than that I think I've finally chosen my Three Amigos I'm going to main.

Seriously some of you guys have horrible internet, like stop using America Online, I lose every laggy match and it's annoying not being able to move. Other than that I think I've finally chosen my Three Amigos I'm going to main.

but is it on them tho? i fought with my nephew on a private match like 10 times and no lag was there, also in 0trmk i fought 1v1 against malitor like six times and there was no lag, also fought some other dude 1v1 with no lag, then i fought him on koth and there was lag, so i am not sure if the connection is totally at fault.

but i hear you bud, freaking lag is annoying as hell :(

but is it on them tho? i fought with my nephew on a private match like 10 times and no lag was there, also in 0trmk i fought 1v1 against malitor like six times and there was no lag, also fought some other dude 1v1 with no lag, then i fought him on koth and there was lag, so i am not sure if the connection is totally at fault.

but i hear you bud, freaking lag is annoying as hell :(
It was KOTH, and everyone else in the room was great until one guy whose name I forgot was up and he lagged me to death I was pissed.

who are these three we'll see in the lobby soon?

who are these three we'll see in the lobby soon?

Gotta keep some secrets and surprises going haha, but I will tell you all their names start with "S"
I just thought of something, does anyone else hate Shang Tsung players? Everyone I've faced has long distance fireball spammed the whole match, like that is it... straight, upwards, and downwards fireballs the whole time. That needs to be nerfed it is ridiculous.

Cool. I noticed you didn't spam in your vid. But you just spent damn near 3 days arguing and defending spamming. Now, Squirrel got pissed cause I was talking about him. Sip got pissed cause what'shisface was talking about him. But you talked more shit than all of them. Defending something you don't even use. What in the hell? You once came into the PSN downtime thread just to say you could beat everybody there with one hand. Wow. You also said in another thread that none of us deserve to be in the same room with you. Ok. That's twice you went into a topic that had nothing to do with gameplay and insulted everybody there. What the hell coulda made you this pissed?

Edit: Actually it was Circus, not Sip. I think.

Cool. I noticed you didn't spam in your vid. But you just spent damn near 3 days arguing and defending spamming. Now, Squirrel got pissed cause I was talking about him. Sip got pissed cause what'shisface was talking about him. But you talked more shit than all of them. Defending something you don't even use. What in the hell? You once came into the PSN downtime thread just to say you could beat everybody there with one hand. Wow. You also said in another thread that none of us deserve to be in the same room with you. Ok. That's twice you went into a topic that had nothing to do with gameplay and insulted everybody there. What the hell coulda made you this pissed?

Edit: Actually it was Circus, not Sip. I think.

I never once said I spammed. And I wasn't defending it in the least bit. Where anyone got that notion is beyond me. What made me upset was people talking about zoning (the proper name for spamming) like it was something to be out down, and noobish. As for me talking shit on other threads, someone must have said something so incredibly stupid that it caused me to post something like that. There is a difference in defending something and informing people on a certain subject. My whole problem with this thread since the beginning was people complaining about spamming when it's the most simple thing to avoid/counter/punish. Then when I tried to explain my words when to waste and people kept crying totally ignoring my multiple posts on how to avoid spamming. So finally I posted my video and showed how easy it was to shutdown zoning.

I have an arrogance problem, but can you blame me when people can't even get around the most simple mechanics in this game? I fear the day I play someone who can't even avoid projectiles and totally destroy them to the point where thy make a thread named "Johnny Cage is so broken :'(" it's bound to happen.

I gotta say, if you play as Cage and go against Tsung. If they get full screen away from you and spam fireballs there is absolutely nothing you can do. Straight, Upwards, and Downwards mix. A character with no teleport or projectile defense special is hopeless.

I gotta say, if you play as Cage and go against Tsung. If they get full screen away from you and spam fireballs there is absolutely nothing you can do. Straight, Upwards, and Downwards mix. A character with no teleport or projectile defense special is hopeless.

Go watch the video posted a page back. Watch the last fight. Your welcome.

Go watch the video posted a page back. Watch the last fight. Your welcome.

That is what I was talking about, but I've seen it done to a much quicker and better degree. I don't know if the lag was preventing him or what but I faced someone and it was a constant storm of fireballs much quicker than that. I have to see you defend and win in a match like that because I cannot fathom how anyone without a teleport could win.

That is what I was talking about, but I've seen it done to a much quicker and better degree. I don't know if the lag was preventing him or what but I faced someone and it was a constant storm of fireballs much quicker than that. I have to see you defend and win in a match like that because I cannot fathom how anyone without a teleport could win.

I'll test it tomorrow with Sip and record it. There was a fair bit of lag in our match so you may be right. However I highly doubt there's no way around it. Once I get close enough to Shadow Kick there's almost nothing Tsung can do. Even if he blocks it I've interupted his projectiles.

I can't speak on their behalf but I know the difference in spamming and zoning. I was taught that zoning was controlling space between you and the opponent with projectiles or moves like Lius flying kick, so basically the opponent only moves if you allow it. And that spamming is just using one move or string over and over. If you remember, my gripe was about Smokes' teleport. Not the smoke ball or about Kitana's fans or about Cages force balls or whatever their called. I've never even fought a Cage online yet. And yeah the tele can be punished but every Smoke I fought before that was garbage, wasn't prepared to hafta work for the win. That's on me. You make alotta sense when you give advice. But it's hard to take advice from someone who insults you at the same time. Besides I main Raiden, zoning hasn't really caused me any problems so far. I'm sure eventually I'll run into somebody that zones the shit outta me and I hafta adjust though. But I'm really not trying to be in any tournaments anyways, I'm happy running 1v1matches and scoring 0 respect points in KOTH every time I corner somebody.

I give props to people who can pound somebody into the corner and keep them there. That's why I admitted Squirrel's Kabal was nice. That's my kind of match. But the way you got all offensive made you sound like you were defending spamming. That's why I said you were a spammer. Cause I thought you were. We coulda cleared this up from the beginning if I knew that.

Yeah, I think we can put the Spam and insults to rest now. I give warning now that another spam complaint or insult post will be deleted. This thread is for grouping together on PSN and giving kudos to where kudos are due. Now I encourage everyone to use the Chat Room for general chatting during the game.

I joined your room last night and had alot of fun. Very minimal lag if any. I played one guy (Axl?) for several matches and he beat me with a variety of fighters almost 15 times in a a row. He was nice enough to keep giving me rematches though. I am the kind of person that will keep rematching no matter how long it takes to win. I finally won a few fights, 3 in a row in fact with Kitana and Kung Lao. It was a very satisfying night!

The main reason why the lag has improved is because there arent nearly as many people online as there were on that first week. All of the MK bandwagon hoppers seem to have dropped the game already ;)