"It will be Dramatically better after the patch" says NRS developer about netcode

"It will be Dramatically better after the patch" says NRS developer about netcode

PDP tournament just ended not too long ago. And just in case you guys missed it, they interviewed an NRS developer afterward and he said that after the patch we'd be seeing a "dramatically" better netcode for online play after the patch coming in less than a month.

That's pretty awesome.

During the tournament they also hinted at patches in the near future containing:
1. New Costumes
2. Balance challenges (nerfs/buffs)
3. New characters (skarlett and kenshi)

Can't wait. "Dramatically" isn't a word you just throw out there. He also stressed as he was saying it. I literally creamed my pants, took off my pants, then licked the cream off my pants.
True story.

Thoughts?

Re: "It will be Dramatically better after the patch" says NRS developer about netcode

They also said that online will be pretty solid ;)

Wont believe it til i see it

Re: "It will be Dramatically better after the patch" says NRS developer about netcode

Thats a good thing! I kan't wait till online gets fixed. So much lag ughh!

I am more excited to play with Kenshi over Skarlett.

Thats a good thing! I kan't wait till online gets fixed. So much lag ughh!

I am more excited to play with Kenshi over Skarlett.
Same. I like Kenshi's character, I hope they have some new unique moves for him :D

"Dramatically"?

Before the game came out they said it would be "really, really, really lag free." I'll play it for myself before I get excited about this.

I'll believe it when I'll see it with my own eyes...

Ed Boone sure loves to give people false hopes though....

i hope they really nerf and balance these characters cuz some are just way too overpowered... ad the matchups are fail.

To be fair, they also said the reward for beating the Challenge Tower would be so amazingly awesome. Their idea of "dramatically better" may not be the same as other peoples'.

Why do I get the feeling Cyrax's command throw will get raped in the patch...

To be fair, they also said the reward for beating the Challenge Tower would be so amazingly awesome. Their idea of "dramatically better" may not be the same as other peoples'.

Great point. The challenge tower was a terrific idea and a lot of fun, but 1 alternate costume and a silver trophy as a reward? Piss weak.

Yeah, hopefully that patch will come out asap and the online will improve. Looking forward to it, thats for sure.

PDP tournament just ended not too long ago. And just in case you guys missed it, they interviewed an NRS developer afterward and he said that after the patch we'd be seeing a "dramatically" better netcode for online play after the patch coming in less than a month.

That's pretty awesome.

During the tournament they also hinted at patches in the near future containing:
1. New Costumes
2. Balance challenges (nerfs/buffs)
3. New characters (skarlett and kenshi)

Can't wait. "Dramatically" isn't a word you just throw out there. He also stressed as he was saying it. I literally creamed my pants, took off my pants, then licked the cream off my pants.
True story.

Thoughts?

if you want to see an example of how patches "fix" online lag, look no further than battlefield bad company 2. they did patch after patch after patch and it never got fixed until about 6 months later. and all they did was fix a hiccup in the way people connected with other players. i acutally changed my locale to the UK so i could play lag free. the game ran fine for the first few weeks after relase and then bam, first patch ruins the whole thing. this game was crippled for 6 months straight. i hope this game doesent suffer the same fate. from what ive seen online, its basically unplayable.

New characters? does that mean we need to pay for it? In my experience new gameplay elements meant cash

Hopefully NRS spends more time BUFFING the weaker than debilitating the awesome characters. Mileena and Sindel need better combos or punishers to compete with the Kung Laos and Ermacs.

Hopefully the patch helps. I have faith in NRS, after all they did deliver a pretty kick-ass game. I also hope they have the Klassic Kostumes as DLC because i really want Sub-Zero's MK1 costume.

I haven't seen you post in a while circus, too cool for us now? ;)

But I'll believe it when I see it. NRS has lied multiple times already so we'll see how this plays out.

Hopefully NRS spends more time BUFFING the weaker than debilitating the awesome characters. Mileena and Sindel need better combos or punishers to compete with the Kung Laos and Ermacs.

I agree. Praying that they give Baraka a fighting chance. :hail:

I'm gonna go on a limb and say "New Costumes" means Classic costumes for the ninjas.. I NEEEED Scorpions Classic Fatality! lol.

I don't really know who would need a nerf, but Baraka sure needs a buff over anyone else.