"It will be Dramatically better after the patch" says NRS developer about netcode

Re: "It will be Dramatically better after the patch" says NRS developer about netcode

I'm looking forward to this upcoming patch.

Re: "It will be Dramatically better after the patch" says NRS developer about netcode

PDP tournament just ended not too long ago. And just in case you guys missed it, they interviewed an NRS developer afterward and he said that after the patch we'd be seeing a "dramatically" better netcode for online play after the patch coming in less than a month.

That's pretty awesome.

During the tournament they also hinted at patches in the near future containing:
1. New Costumes
2. Balance challenges (nerfs/buffs)
3. New characters (skarlett and kenshi)

Can't wait. "Dramatically" isn't a word you just throw out there. He also stressed as he was saying it. I literally creamed my pants, took off my pants, then licked the cream off my pants.
True story.

Thoughts?

I have a question?!? I wonder if the "patches" they are discussing, only tend to fix online play? Or also single-player (OFFLINE) play? As in fixing the "custom soundtrack" feature they left out in the PS3 version?!?!... Thats really the only patch I am waiting for to be perfectly honest. Online is good enough for me right now with its "lag"... But fixing that would be awesome as well! But yea, do you guys think they will release patches to fix "OFFLINE" things like the custom soundtrack option they left out on the final PS3 build?...

I have a question?!? I wonder if the "patches" they are discussing, only tend to fix online play? Or also single-player (OFFLINE) play? As in fixing the "custom soundtrack" feature they left out in the PS3 version?!?!... Thats really the only patch I am waiting for to be perfectly honest. Online is good enough for me right now with its "lag"... But fixing that would be awesome as well! But yea, do you guys think they will release patches to fix "OFFLINE" things like the custom soundtrack option they left out on the final PS3 build?...
It's doubtful considering they left it out for retail release, seems like they don't care...Maybe performance issues....

Someone should also tell them to remove the Region online lock...I want to play with friends and family that don't live in the US.

If anything they should put a filter so for the people that want lag-less matches choose regional play.

To me the region lock for smooth online gaming is just an excuse for bad net-code, because I've played other fighters that can play flawlessly no matter what region you play with as long as both connections are very good.

@MK9, I was also disappointed to find out that MvC3 was also lacking the feature when SFIV had it.

^Agree about the region lock. It should be removed from private matches. Ranked matchmaking should use a filter.

Maybe "dramatically better" means it will still lag, but it'll just play a swell of dramatic music every time you get owned due to the match being laggy.

what!! im in the UK, so i can only play MK9 with UK psn users??
that sucks balls!! all the people i wanna play private matches with are in the USA including friends and family :(
I know no one in the UK who plays MK at my level, or any fighting games for that matter, all theyre interested in is that call of duty walking round with a floating gun bollox:(

any advanced UK PSN users feel free to add me, i dont wanna go online and be stuck playing against UK amatures who think spamming noob saibot to death is fun, that shit wont work on me anyway! :)

and if NRS are making 'dramatc' changes like they said then removing region lock should be right up there at the top of the list, cmon, seriously? i can only play in my region?? wtf its 2011!!,

i play the early MKs with people from russia, its awesome coz theyre very competitive!!

cmon NRS sort it out!

i can only play in my region?? wtf its 2011!!

I don't always agree with what you say, but the above sentences describe how I feel perfectly. Bang goes playing with most other TRMKers and my mate who's emegrated. :(

i cant wait for the patch and that mk1 stick with the 9.99 pack with all classic mks...
im dying inside lol omggggggggggg

They better get started, before Ed Boon gets assassinated:

df4174ac61d3b8cb0c59c93cf4cd1587.png

[lol]

Praying for them just solve this problem ASAP.

A good game like this, but with a crap netcode and bad game servers = kick between the legs.