"It will be Dramatically better after the patch" says NRS developer about netcode

Re: "It will be Dramatically better after the patch" says NRS developer about netcode

I hope we have more Kombatants being buffed then being nerfed.

Re: "It will be Dramatically better after the patch" says NRS developer about netcode

Dear Ed Boon,

Please nerf Scorpion, or make other characters more appealing. I hate playing against some Scorpion-noob 10/15 times. I have yet to play against someone who is a good Reptile. I haven't even played against Kabal, Sheeva, Jax, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, or Kano.

Unless they want to detail how they are going to technically achieve this feat, then I'll only believe it when I see it.

Please nerf Scorpion, or make other characters more appealing. I hate playing against some Scorpion-noob 10/15 times. I have yet to play against someone who is a good Reptile. I haven't even played against Kabal, Sheeva, Jax, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, or Kano.

either you're new to MK or you're ignoring common sense....Scorpion has been the Ryu of MK since the dawn of time....

no amount of character change is going to refute that...

Dear Ed Boon,

either you're new to MK or you're ignoring common sense....Scorpion has been the Ryu of MK since the dawn of time....

no amount of character change is going to refute that...

Both of you are right. People use Scorpion too much, but that's how it's always been. On themortalkombat.com on the leaderboards it says the most played characters on 360 are Scorpion, Raiden, and Liu Kang. On PS3, Scorpion, Liu Kang, and Sonya. But I call ******** on this because I rarely ever see Liu kang players. I've logged in probably over 300 matches online and I've seen Liu Kang maybe 2-3 times. It's always Scorpion, Noob, Ermac, and Smoke.

You'd think the guy with massive teeth and sword sized blades in his arms would do above average damage...

i hope the f*uck the shit out of raiden and kung lao with the nerf gun :)

its a players choice to play as any character they want....people will always use the more known characters such as scorpion because he always kicks ass....its been this way since the arcade days to the online days... i have fought few people that used scorpion online and they spam his teleport and ground fire moves...but i have also played people using liu kang, reptile, sheeva, and noob...

this lag though is a nightmare...it better get fixed soon because its killing the mood quickly for me..i want to play online more and then i remember why i dont...its frustrating

i dont trust a word NRS says...they always "over hype" things...from the internet breaking noob reveal, to the challenge tower reward...but if one thing needs fixing its the lag which IMO should have been fixed immediately...this has been a known issue from day 1 yet its being handled poorly...i would almost say **** any type of DLC until you get the game correct first, would rather have the online experience at a playable level over additional content, then after thats been handled the gamers can enjoy the product for what it is and then get some new stuff down the road, but this games online was broke right out the box...it should have been corrected already

Give Reptile a counter and teleport with this patch! :D

On a serious note I hope the online portion of the patch works. Even though we've got PSN back I'm not going to bother playing it yet with all I have heard.

When you think about it, "dramaticly better" also means it will still be bad online. Just not as bad as before. :)

Don't fool yourselves thinking it will be lagfree after patch. :)

Dear Ed Boon,

Well I got news for you, whenever they put the store up and I can get online I will show you a good Quan Chi and Scorpion buddy! You can bet that! Nuff Said!

Thats a good thing! I kan't wait till online gets fixed. So much lag ughh!

I am more excited to play with Kenshi over Skarlett.

Yeah Aldo I could care less for skarlett, looks uninspiring. However, I have always loved Kenshi and can't wait to see what they did with him.

This announcement will break the internet = a character reveal (Noob)
Xboxer's will get an exclusive = Avatar support in KoTH mode (no console wars please)
Xboxers will get a demo = no they didn't (see above)
Online will be dramatically better = ?

Based on past experience I'm not getting my hopes up a whole lot about how much better online will be. But hey I could be surprised.

New characters? does that mean we need to pay for it? In my experience new gameplay elements meant cash

OMG r u serious. Of course you have to pay for it. Like they would really give us free kharacters. We'll get free stuff, but most of it will cost money and they should charge cuz its costing them money to pay all the people who are making all the DLC. STOP BEING CHEAP

i will pay £1000 for sindels proper scream from MK3 as DLC, seriously i will!!
Do it NRS!! pleaaaaasse!

I hope so!! Im tired of not getting into any matches and now I have 2 disconnects and I dont want people thinking I have bad internet qaulity or that I rage quit...becuase I dont

Let's see. A point is that a lot of hype about MK 2011 being the best MK, it's due the fact NRS has done an advertisement about the netcode being very good for this game, and so, could increase the competitive value of MK 2011. Since, the lag issue is serious and hurts our online experience, I think NRS see the problem as real, and, will do something, at least, some attempt to minimize it. Because doing nothing can hurt sales of this game, a bad propaganda can spread out.

Both of you are right. People use Scorpion too much, but that's how it's always been. On themortalkombat.com on the leaderboards it says the most played characters on 360 are Scorpion, Raiden, and Liu Kang. On PS3, Scorpion, Liu Kang, and Sonya. But I call ******** on this because I rarely ever see Liu kang players. I've logged in probably over 300 matches online and I've seen Liu Kang maybe 2-3 times. It's always Scorpion, Noob, Ermac, and Smoke.

i dont use scorpion, noob, ermac or smoke, theyre just way to easy to win with and that makes it no fun, im guessing that its mainley newcomers picking those characters and thinking they can get away with spamming certain moves over and over , but that sh!t wont work on me ;)

nice edit to your avatar reaver lol

Dear Ed Boon,

I played many times against sheeva, kabal and jax and just twice against scorpions and i played like 30 matches, also Ermac is not so choosed either but Smoke it is. Sub-Zero is more times choosed than Scorpion, at least in my experience.