Rain Discussion ~ All Rain Related Topics Go Here

Fun fact about Rain: in all 3 playable appearances he has made in the MK series (Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon and Mortal Kombat 2011 as DLC), all of the other male ninjas (Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Noob Saibot and Smoke) have appeared alongside him.

It's going to epic seeing him alongside Noob, Smoke, Ermac, Reptile, Sub-Zero, and Scorpion in this game. Can't wait until August! :mrgreen:

You forgot UMK3.

You forgot UMK3.
He was only playable in the console versions, which I don't count because that wasn't Midway's decision to put him in the console ports. But even then, all of the male ninjas were in that game so either way I'm still right.

Fun fact about Rain: in all 3 playable appearances he has made in the MK series (Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon and Mortal Kombat 2011 as DLC), all of the other male ninjas have appeared alongside him.

It's going to epic seeing him alongside Noob, Smoke, Ermac, Reptile, Sub-Zero, and Scorpion in this game. Can't wait until August! :mrgreen:

Doesn't say much about Boon's love for the character, as he only includes him because every other ninjas already there lol. An interesting fact though. :top:

Ive always liked Rain they could do something new with him to seperate him more from being a Ninja. Look at Ermac and Reptile I feel they have done good seperating them as ninjas. Really all the characters have really become unique in their own ways now

Ive always liked Rain they could do something new with him to seperate him more from being a Ninja. Look at Ermac and Reptile I feel they have done good seperating them as ninjas. Really all the characters have really become unique in their own ways now

One of my favorite things about the ninjas now, they're all unique individual fighters. There's very little left of the palette-swapped limitations placed on them back in the MKI-3 era. Reptile may have had some serious ups and downs, but at least he's been developed into something more than he was. It needs some polish lol, but it's a better than not taking any steps with him.

One of my favorite things about the ninjas now, they're all unique individual fighters. There's very little left of the palette-swapped limitations placed on them back in the MKI-3 era. Reptile may have had some serious ups and downs, but at least he's been developed into something more than he was. It needs some polish lol, but it's a better than not taking any steps with him.

I don't know, man. I prefer the not-so-developed Reptile. lol I hate what he's become.

I love reptile reptile, I think MK9 reptile is the best looking reptile ever.

I don't know, man. I prefer the not-so-developed Reptile. lol I hate what he's become.

I like the idea, the execution just hasn't quite been there. I'm not talking about his look alone, I think this is the best Reptile has looked since UMK3, but his character as a whole. It feels like he's got all these great brainstorming sessions worked around him and then they kinda forget about him during development and never get to implement a lot of the better ideas.

I really hope Rain ends up coming out with an overly detailed UMK3 costume, like the current ninjas (excluding reptile, obviously) and not his MKA costume, unless he has that as a secondary. I mained Rain for MKT and UMK3, but avoided him in MKA due to that costume. Meh, i'll like it either way i'm sure. Super pumped for Rain!

Maining Rain in MKT is like maining Kung Lao in MK9.

Not really something to be proud of :laugh:

I really hope Rain ends up coming out with an overly detailed UMK3 costume, like the current ninjas (excluding reptile, obviously) and not his MKA costume, unless he has that as a secondary. I mained Rain for MKT and UMK3, but avoided him in MKA due to that costume. Meh, i'll like it either way i'm sure. Super pumped for Rain!

I was hoping MKA costume to be his primary, sadly NRS dropped it, that costume was awesome IMO (except for the cape)

So what do you guys think of a sort of Trap move for Rain:

He summons up a Thunder Cloud either above and in front, directly above, or above/behind, and if the person jumps into it, that person gets flung into the ground (Lightning/Water Geyser, take your pick) hard enough for a Pop-Up?

Not Pictured may be referring to Shao Kahn so people don't confuse Kenshi for him. Maybe?

Oh and Rain looks AWESOME! Hate the armor, but everything else looks great so far.