Rain Discussion ~ All Rain Related Topics Go Here

Fox17

Rain is the most requested character for DLC, his first appearence was in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, then Mortal Kombat Trilogy and for last time in MK Armageddon. He also appeared in the presentation of Mortal Kombat 3, why do we want him? here Ill show you some about Rain, and for the people they dont like him here is the proof of how amazing he is.

About Rain
Race: Edenian and Half God
Resides: Outworld (lives), Edenia (born)
Allignment: Evil
Source of Power: Water

Bio
"Although the blood of Edenian royalty flows through his veins, Rain is a traitor to his realm. When faced with the prospect of death at the hands of Shao Kahn, he offered his allegiance to the emperor and betrayed his homeland."

Story
Spoiler:
Rain is from the ancient realm of Edenia. As a little boy, he bore witness to the invasion of his home world at the hands of Shao Kahn. During the chaos that ensued, Rain was smuggled away while his father stayed behind to perform his duties as a general in the Edenian army. Edenia's armies were crushed in the Outworld invasion, and Rain's father was subsequently killed by Kahn. He is half-human and half-god.
Thousands of years later, Rain mysteriously returned during the invasion of Earthrealm and was attacked by Kahn's extermination squads. Given the choice to fight for Kahn or be killed, he knowingly turned his back on his homeworld, and he chose to side with Shao Kahn. Either out of fear, cowardice, or ulterior motives, he aided Kahn in his plans for the conquest of Earthrealm. Trained in the art of kombat, Rain fought whole-heartedly to destroy Earth's warriors.
As Rain has not appeared as a playable character in years, and Deadly Alliance offered no insights to his current whereabouts, details about Rain's fate remain unknown. His Mortal Kombat Trilogy ending stated that Kitana confronted Rain and was able to turn him against the Emperor by informing Rain of his father, an Edenian general's stand against Shao Kahn leading to his subsequent death. After learning this, Rain was furious, and embarked on a one-way suicide mission to stop Kahn.
Rain appears as a non-playable character in Mortal Kombat: Deception, in Konquest mode. He can be found in both Edenia and Outworld, and is involved in two separate sub-quests to be undertaken by Shujinko. In the second sub-quest, Rain is shown to have been slain by Jade. It is uncertain how many different events taking place in Konquest mode are canon.
During the events of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Rain learned of his true Edenian heritage. Quan Chi informed Rain that he is actually a direct descendant to Argus, the protector god of Edenia. Rain then started to refer to himself as a prince of the realm, as seen in Armageddon's Konquest mode, but he still chooses to fight on the side of evil, although he no longer serves Shao Kahn. He wishes to kill both Taven and Daegon in order to be able to win the ultimate prize and power promised from defeating Blaze. Rain confronts Taven in Arctika, but he is beaten in battle, eventually escaping in a watery portal.
In Rain's Armageddon ending, it is revealed that he is actually the half-brother of Taven and Daegon, being the son of Argus whose identity his father had tried to keep hidden. Imbued with the power of Blaze after defeating him, Rain becomes a full god, and Argus proclaims him as the new Protector of Edenia. However, Rain instead uses this power to enslave the realm. Argus, having ascended to the status of Elder God after Rain's own ascension, is unable to stop him.

Costumes

UMK3 and MKT Trilogy Versus
Trilogy_Rain.gif

MK Armageddon Render
rain+2.png

MK Armageddon Versus
Rain_versus.png

Special Moves

Water Blast
(MKA)

Rain shoots a high-pressure stream of water at his adversary, knocking him down.

Controll Bubble
(UMK3, MKT)

Rain projects a light-blue sphere at his opponent, which shatters as it hits and allows Rain to move his opponent's body in any direction for a brief time.

Windy Feet
(MKA)

Rain propels himself forward with a blast of water from behind, kicking his opponent in the chest with both feet.

Lightning
(UMK3, MKT, MKA)

Rain raises his arm and summons a lightning to strike his enemy.

Mystic Vapors (Teleport)
(MKA)

Rain submerges himself in a small pool of water and emerges behind his opponent.

Roundhouse Kick
(UMK3, MKT)

Rain roundhouses his opponent clear to the other side of the screen.

Gameplay

MKT

MKA

My final review
Rain is a purple ninja that controls the element of water, wich is not controlled by any other character in the franchise, that makes Rain so unique, besides ninjas are the best and more interesting characters in the game in my opinion.
Rain should be realesed as DLC, also because he is the only character from the 2D games that doesnt appear in MK9, and is so weird because he is very requested and has a big fanbase, even more than some characters that are in the game like Sheeva or Quan Chi. I hope he gets realesed soon as DLC because he deserves the spot in the game and because he is the only character I really want to add to my roster.

Click here to Join Team Rain!

Last edited:
Re: Rain - Why we want him as DLC

Yeah, I want Rain too. I just wonder why he's neglected compared to the other old characters. But at this point, I would be very surprised if he wasn't released as DLC. He should have been in the initial roster.

Agreed, we need Rain. its so random they cut him out when he was in the original roster.

i dont want rain cause we have enough ninjas in the game allready. geesh. what is this, ninja kombat?

lol we dont have enough ninjas, there is never enough ninjas, and they are something that simbolize MK since the beggining.

Rain must return and as a real ninja, with a mask and a hood like in UMK3 and MKT, and with his MK Armageddon move list with his UMK3 controll bubble added to it.

well i'll cut u a deal. make him not a ninja, and i won't stand in the way of your campaine lol. by the way, i used to love that air god guy, fujin? or something

well i'll cut u a deal. make him not a ninja, and i won't stand in the way of your campaine lol. by the way, i used to love that air god guy, fujin? or something

Yh fujin is the god of wind from MK4.

I dont know, i want him as a ninja that would be the best of the scenarios, but if they make him a prince again like in Armageddon, im ok with it only if he still uses a mask, I dont want his face to be unmasked, that'd suck. he must be unmasked at least in his primary costume, i dont mind his alternate, I always hated unmasked Sub-Zero.

Rain was beast in trilogy you could kill Shao Kahn easily with him but i never really used him in Armageddon and I hope NRS will give him some brutal fatalities

If someone saw the crappy movie the last airbender, zhao's death could be a great fatality for Rain.

If someone saw the crappy movie the last airbender, zhao's death could be a great fatality for Rain.

Ya I thought of 1 he could drain all the moisture out of his enemy's body leaving them dried out skin and bones

Ya I thought of 1 he could drain all the moisture out of his enemy's body leaving them dried out skin and bones

Wow thats pretty cool too, and he leaves the rival like a raisin lol

The more I think about it, the more I want him as DLC. I sincerely hope he doesn't come with the cape and just looks like a ninja, but that's the my only point of contention.

Wow thats pretty cool too, and he leaves the rival like a raisin lol

Ya i hope they give him something like that or one where he makes a ball of water around the other guy's head and drowns them

I'm perfectly fine with the addition of Rain, but if he's going to be added he needs a 100% overhaul on his look. He looks horrible in the 3D games. Too prissy. The Hair, mask, and cape have to go. His mask looks like it belongs on a female character.

I'm perfectly fine with the addition of Rain, but if he's going to be added he needs a 100% overhaul on his look. He looks horrible in the 3D games. Too prissy. The Hair, mask, and cape have to go. His mask looks like it belongs on a female character.

Yh but he stills need a mask like sub-zero's mask or smoke's alt mask.

i love rain. but because i love him, i don't want him to be DLC, i want him to be a full fledged character in the story. i think they will put him in the next game if they don't add him as DLC, and he will have a big part, possibly somehow teaming up with Tanya who also betrays Edinia

Ninjas were colos swaps. And today we can render more colors than in the past. That means we can have thousands of ninjas :) The more the better (just joke).

Definitly need Rain.