Rain Discussion ~ All Rain Related Topics Go Here

I am not too happy with Rain. I was on the Rain band wagon and was happy to hear his announcement. However,.....his look is far from epic, and his water attacks are just silly. He has one good fatality and the other.... a water sword?

I know die hard Rain fans are going to be upset that I am saying the slightest thing about Rain. However, don't get me wrong I wanted him to be awesome to me I feel boone and company rushed production on him I really do.

I am not too happy with Rain. I was on the Rain band wagon and was happy to hear his announcement. However,.....his look is far from epic, and his water attacks are just silly. He has one good fatality and the other.... a water sword?

I know die hard Rain fans are going to be upset that I am saying the slightest thing about Rain. However, don't get me wrong I wanted him to be awesome to me I feel boone and company rushed production on him I really do.

He's look is beyond epic to me, it cant be more awesome and the water powers are great he has an awesome moveset, what ideas did you have for moves? Rain was always known cause of his water and lightning moves.

Agreed, Fox. Rep and Sub were always my go-to mains, but after Rain came out (Stoked as SHIT when he was announced), his movelist and playstyle is everything I hope it'd be. Here's hoping for alt's and classics for all original characters and dlc!

I kind of agree, I love Rain regardless. Its my blind bias-ness LOL But i also agree that his fatalities were lacking, ironically I am the opposite, I thought the water sword fatality was ok, and didn't like the other. but that is not saying much. I never liked the fatalities were the character gets all fat and stretched out, kills the realism for me. lol yes everything else I can handle, that is my limit. lol the second one was still a shame, yea i agree a water sword? LOL. where is a lightning fatality?

But i still love him and his new design QUICKLY grew on me, looks wise. I just wish he had a talking part in his intro. Granted I am disappointed ALL DLC characters released just go HIYAH!!. bit disappointing :(

I think Rain is just amazing... such an improvement from the Rain portrayed in MK:A. Starting from his look... it's just sick and unique!! really makes him stand out from the rest, His move set is simply amazing, and true to the MK:T set... Yeah he has some new moves added. Hey! They gave Scorpion a dash-kick and a burning move, why not give Rain some love as well?

Why are you people whinning about his second fatality? The "water sword" makes sense, being it a highly pressurized steam of water, like the ones they use to cut steel parts in factories...

The bubble burst fatality is kinda meh... where are all the guts and bloody chunks? it's just like a water balloon popping :/ but all the awesomeness contained in this dude is just enough to make up for that.

PD: Hey everyone, I've been a lurker in these boards for about a month and I just decided to join, so greet me or something! ;)

I think Rain is just amazing... such an improvement from the Rain portrayed in MK:A. Starting from his look... it's just sick and unique!! really makes him stand out from the rest, His move set is simply amazing, and true to the MK:T set... Yeah he has some new moves added. Hey! They gave Scorpion a dash-kick and a burning move, why not give Rain some love as well?

Why are you people whinning about his second fatality? The "water sword" makes sense, being it a highly pressurized steam of water, like the ones they use to cut steel parts in factories...

The bubble burst fatality is kinda meh... where are all the guts and bloody chunks? it's just like a water balloon popping :/ but all the awesomeness contained in this dude is just enough to make up for that.

PD: Hey everyone, I've been a lurker in these boards for about a month and I just decided to join, so greet me or something! ;)

Haha, greetings bro.

Well Scorpion the has demon fire since MKDA and he had the the takedown (leg grab) in MK2 and MKvsDC, so none of that moves are new.
Rain has only 2 new moves, the H20 boost and the geyser kick wich is not entirely new, is a different version of his windy feet move from MKA.

PS - Welcome to the forums.

Well Scorpion the has demon fire since MKDA and he had the the takedown (leg grab) in MK2 and MKvsDC, so none of that moves are new.
Rain has only 2 new moves, the H20 boost and the geyser kick wich is not entirely new, is a different version of his windy feet move from MKA.

PS - Welcome to the forums.
Yep I know, I'm just taking that based on UMK3/MK:T, sorry for not being specific ;)
And he still got the teleport uppercut and the damage boost, which IMO are new for him.

MK9 Rain is a pure update of his UMK3 self. If you didn't like Rain back then, you won't like him now move-wise...

Hey everyone, I've been a lurker in these boards for about a month and I just decided to join, so greet me or something!

Welcome on board dirty!

I couldn't disagree with this more. I'm not even the biggest Rain fan, but I think they did a superb job. Rushed the second fatality?? Maybe, but everything else rules.

The water sword isn't as far fetched as you'd think. People use hydropump lathes that concentrate a extremely powerful stream of water that cuts thru even titanium like butter.

I couldn't disagree with this more. I'm not even the biggest Rain fan, but I think they did a superb job. Rushed the second fatality?? Maybe, but everything else rules.

they maybe did TOO good of a job.
he was obnoxious and op in Trilogy, so I guess its fair they kept him the same

he's still a little punk though, I like his moves but will never like the character himself

Welcome on board dirty!

Thanks dude!!

And like aedanwolfe said, the water "sword" makes pure sense, I really thought it was genious to use water that way... just ignore Quan chi's crappy second fatality. Rain came up and was like "Hey *****, I'll show you how it's done!"

In terms of fatalities I just think that if Liu Kang can make an arcade come crashing down on you and Freddy Kruger has that oven why can't Rain jump back to a higher elevation and cables come up and attach to your opponents feet and rain pours down and just when you think your opponent is about to die from some boring drowning,good ol Rain throws in a batch of piranhas and strips the flesh from their bones!

Or the person is locked in a tub of water (seems harmless enough) than comes the electricity and you see an x-ray of their body as they are fried (it could be pretty gruesome).

Or again cables or latches connect to the ankles and tubes pump so much water into the body it would cause a desalinization fatality, you would shrivel up into a grotesque former shell of yourself.

again I am not a Rain hater nor do I hate the DLC (I like Kenshi and Skarlet) I just feel that Rain could be tweaked, and Kruger ... (better save that for another thread).

Hello guys.

I always liked Rain but was never a fanatic one, he surprised me VERY WELL, imo he has a complete own fighting style (like Reptile) compare to many (nearly all) other fighters. I enjoy him every day (when i play the game). They should have added a little flesh pieces and blood to his "bubble" fatality.