Rain Discussion ~ All Rain Related Topics Go Here

Sorry Baraka and Sheeva fans but Rain is more awesome and beloved... =)

well sheeva everyone hates, and Baraka may be weak in this game, but he's way more iconic than rain will ever be.

people who are not familiar with mk very much, or old fans who only played the games in the early 90's will tell you "oh shit its baraka that dude with the teeth and blades, that guy kicks ass"

and most people just look at rain and go "oh....its the purple ninja?.....whats his name and powers again?"

i thought Rain was kinda easy to learn with
not that hard to string together a 30% plus combo
Having a 30% combo doesn't make a character easier.

Apart from Rain's input combos, which are considerably harder, he has many unsafe moves which take a lot of recovery time. Doing 30% combos is not what makes him hard, it's how to get there that is hard and the timing is pretty restricted.

Who hasnt downloaded Rain?

I just got Rain this past week and I've gotta say that out of all the DLC so far he's my favorite. Wasnt a huge fan of him in MKT but damn hes a bad ass in MK9. Just curious if anyone still hasnt downoaded this character and why.

Re: Who hasnt downloaded Rain?

I plyed with him for like a minute, played against, him, and I hate his character. His water prowers, his moves, I just loathe him for some reason. So yeah, I wasted 5 bucks lmao

I waited on getting him then quickly after I got him and played I was like why the hell did i wait LOL

I did... If I had to choose only one DLC, it would be Rain.
My priority is so far: Rain > Kenshi > Skarlet > Freddy (he can be better, but I was first pissed off on his announcement).

The best DLC so far, I nearly gave up on him after the 1st day, but I kept on training. He might even become my main soon.

well sheeva everyone hates, and Baraka may be weak in this game, but he's way more iconic than rain will ever be.

people who are not familiar with mk very much, or old fans who only played the games in the early 90's will tell you "oh shit its baraka that dude with the teeth and blades, that guy kicks ass"

and most people just look at rain and go "oh....its the purple ninja?.....whats his name and powers again?"

TBH, before MK9 the last time I played a MK game was MK4 when I had a PS1, lots of years ago, and I remembered Rain but not Baraka...

TBH, before MK9 the last time I played a MK game was MK4 when I had a PS1, lots of years ago, and I remembered Rain but not Baraka...

You're also a pretty huge Rain fan lol. I'm not a huge Baraka fan but I do see him as more iconic than Rain. Rain was one of many ninjas and a rather underdeveloped one at that. Baraka is a character I will never forget. He was really cool to a young kid playing MKII for the first time and I've always remembered him since then. Just my two cents on the matter though. I like Rain, but Baraka is more iconic.

You're also a pretty huge Rain fan lol. I'm not a huge Baraka fan but I do see him as more iconic than Rain. Rain was one of many ninjas and a rather underdeveloped one at that. Baraka is a character I will never forget. He was really cool to a young kid playing MKII for the first time and I've always remembered him since then. Just my two cents on the matter though. I like Rain, but Baraka is more iconic.

I do agree. Baraka is more iconic, I just didnt remember him till I got into MK9 lol but Rain is still more awesome :p

PS - I do like Baraka.

I do agree. Baraka is more iconic, I just didnt remember him till I got into MK9 lol but Rain is still more awesome :p

PS - I do like Baraka.

I gotcha. I've had a Super Nintendo since I was a young lad and between a couple Mario games, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles beat 'em up, and Mortal Kombat II I played the shit outta that system and I remember Baraka being so cool because he was the only real monster I ever saw until I figured out Reptile was really a Reptile and until I met Kintaro lol. Either way, it's a little sad that newer MK fans aren't getting that same memory of Baraka with MK9 as he was woefully underpowered until very recently and his appearances in Story Mode were pretty weak.

I did... If I had to choose only one DLC, it would be Rain.
My priority is so far: Rain > Kenshi > Skarlet > Freddy (he can be better, but I was first pissed off on his announcement).

I like all the DLC characters, but here's how I rank them: Kenshi > Rain > Skarlet. I won't fully judge Freddy until he's released.

I like all the DLC characters, but here's how I rank them: Kenshi > Rain > Skarlet. I won't fully judge Freddy until he's released.

Rain > Kenshi > Skarlet Imo.

If they realese a new set of characters I'd like Tremor, Fujin, Reiko and Chameleon.
I'd include Cyber Smoke there but we know he's going to be just an alt.