Rain Discussion ~ All Rain Related Topics Go Here

We already know NRS realeses all DLC's, character gameplays and mkast videos on Tuesdays

So im sure Rain gameplay will be realesed this Tuesday.
Not really. We got Kenshi's first trailer, Skarlet's MKast on a Monday, and Skarlet's first trailer on a Monday. We did get Kenshi's MKast in Tuesday but that was because of the 4th of July being on a Monday, so the only thing we really ever got on a Tuesday was Skarlet's vignette. It's safe to assume we'll be getting clouds in Monday, not Tuesday.

And also, I LOVE TANYA!!! She needs to be DLC soon. =D I think Ed Boon was just trollin' us that time, though, but it's not like she never had a chance at becoming DLC, though, and he did the same sort of stuff with Rain that he's doing with Tanya.

Last edited:
Re: Rain trailer this weekend?

can't say I ever liked/disliked Tanya. the thing is, in the new game everyone looks great so I'd definitely be willing to see what they did to her when she becomes available (I'm quite sure she'll be DLC at some point, Boon never said no to her). preferably, I'd want her with a mask in at least one of her costumes since I'm the ninja type. other than that, I'm sure lots will change their minds if they see her gameplay, NRS didn't screw up so far and Tanya is a character with potential unlike others such as darrius, dairou, mokap etc

as for the Rain trailer, my bet is around tuesday. he should be released around the 19th, so a week before that and in the mean time we get a vignette and an MK cast

Tanya?, nooooooo, what a waste of space, theres characters with more potencial than Tanya.

Purple Haze, I remember that from Front Mission 3!

Also, I hate to say it, but Rain reminds me of Purple Skorpion :/

that's because of his stance in the picture, it reminded me of scorpion too when throwing his spear :p

I really hope Rain is a highly offensive character that has good ground combat. He'd be an awesome tag team partner along Smoke, plus I can call my team Purple Haze.

you can also call it Smoke on the Water :p

as for the complains well.. no one can ever be satisfied. after Rain's picture 7-8/10 said he looked amazing and there were always those damn 1-2 people who would call him ridiculous. I don't get why, could be biased since he's my favourite but ffs his new design has what everyone else's had: too much detail and overall it looks good. I think it's fair to say for every single character in the game that the design they have now is the best one they had since.. ever. except for MAYBE Reptile due to TONS of people asking for a human alternate too (not the retro one, brand new) and Smoke's primary because some people didn't change their minds about his hair even after seeing him in actual gameplay footage. overall, NRS does a great job so far with character designs, I sure hope they continue down that road

I support Mickey Mouse for Mortal Kombat DLC.

That's 1 compatibility pack that I won't be getting. LOL

On a serious note:

I never really liked or hated Tanya.
She was always just "Meh," to me.
I'm sure that NRS can make her an awesome character in MK 9, like they've pretty much done with everyone else.

I wouldn't mind Tanya too much. I never cared much either way about her, but considering what NRS has done with MK9's character design she could probably be really cool. I don't think we need any more females in this game by any means. What we need are good characters. I'll play a good, cool character regardless of gender. I gave Skarlet a try when she came out and I'm still hoping to learn Jade better. While I'd like Cyber-Smoke, Reiko, or Fujin more, if NRS does drop Tanya on us, I could see them making her a solid character.

Why? Mortal Kombat NEEDS more female characters. Especially ones who aren't damn near naked. So I hope if Tanya is done, it's a little more tasteful than say.... Mileena. (gag)

Here here! She's one of the post MK3 characters that I really like... And there aren't many. lol

She's such a *****. We need her. Mileena is crazy, Kitana is indecisive, Sonya is... I don't know what she is, Sindel is a former happy momma turned mommy dearest, Jade is a bit stable (unless her mind is being violated my some creepy chick), Skarlet is in the same boat as Mileena and Sheeva is just a hood ornament.

Tanya, I welcome you.

A guy who DOESN'T like half naked, busty girls in a fighting game? Hmmmm.

I'm expecting Rain to have some, or all, special moves from his old incarnations in old MK games ..... but, maybe he will have 1 or 2 new special moves ? I hope so !

I'm very glad with Skarlet and Kenshi, NRS did a good job, so, I'm sure Rain will not disappoint as well. He is cool, and, I can see a very deadly Tag Team : Rain and Reptile, hehe .... XD

Ya'll racist. :p

I would really like Tanya to be added next after Rain. She is one of the best post Trilogy characters, and her outfit designs will probably be pretty cool. Long hair / yellow robe type outfit, good stuff.

376px-TanyaMK9.jpg

My personal opinion of Tanya:

Tanya is my 2nd favorite female character in the series, only behind Kitana, of course, and just a little ahead of Jade, Sonya, Mileena, Sindel, Skarlet and Li Mei. Tanya is way more unique than even Jade, I would say (Jade is still sexier, though, that probably will never change). Just my opinion, of course. Tanya has more interesting motives and actions, and her story is still a little more fleshed out than Jade's. Slutty, treacherous, highly intelligent and manipulative, Tanya is the most evil female character of all in the series, knowing exactly what she's doing when she commits evil, and she even tries to justify her treachery. Her powers include control over fire and knowledge of black magic. I've always considered her the female version of Quan Chi in a way, except she isn't as powerful. I really hope they'll release her as DLC and that her antagonistic role becomes even larger in future games. Since we know Rain is evil, Tanya and Rain would make an awesome team in the story, with them both being Edenian traitors. As for gameplay, she has a lot of potential, being very flexible and acrobatic. I hate when people when people try their best to defend crap characters like Daegon and Drahmin and then completely overlook characters with a lot of potential like Tanya or Kai, saying all they have is fire powers or that they are a just Liu Kang or Jade ripoff and whatnot and ignore them afterwards. I think if she becomes DLC, she'll become more well-liked by the MK fanbase. Also, who couldn't forget her diabolical laugh in her MK4 ending?

Best tweet in there was when someone asked if the next games story was going to be like Mk4 and he replied "since we changed the timeline,probably not"

Thank goodness! Im all for a ORIGINAL story for MK10.
enough with the rehashing

He also said DLC fatalities have not been ruled out as of yet

Best tweet in there was when someone asked if the next games story was going to be like Mk4 and he replied "since we changed the timeline,probably not"

Thank goodness! Im all for a ORIGINAL story for MK10.
enough with the rehashing

He also said DLC fatalities have not been ruled out as of yet

I agree that its time for some new mythology. Although there were a few twists in the MK9 story mode it wasnt as gripping because we all knew where it would end up essentially. Really look forward to the NRS team taking the cream of the crop from MK4 and forward and adding some new blood to the next MK. Hopefully all the characters will be as inventive and cool as Skarlet and we wont end up with any Molochs and Drahmins. And dear god no ****in Cobra Kai Knockoffs from the 80s karate kid movie named concidentally Kobra(And I mean that in appearance only not his backstory.)

Id be for Tanya and I do agree we need more female characters. I also dont think we will get Rain so early. Im sure maybe in the next few weeks we will start getting trailers for him and I think he will be released at the end of the month

Id be for Tanya and I do agree we need more female characters. I also dont think we will get Rain so early. Im sure maybe in the next few weeks we will start getting trailers for him and I think he will be released at the end of the month
The next few weeks WILL be the end of the month. All of the DLC that has been released was released 2 weeks apart, so why would they change that with Rain? Rain will almost certainly release on July 19th.

Since both Skarlet and Kenshi had their first gameplay trailers on a Monday, it's safe to assume Rain's first gameplay trailer will be this Monday (the 11th), too. We'll get his vignette probably on Thursday (the 14th), a trailer for the 2 people that will be receiving klassic outfits with Rain on Friday or Saturday, and then his MKast on the 18th (a Monday), the day before he is released (the only reason Kenshi's MKast was released last Tuesday was because Monday was a holiday; Skarlet's MKast was released on a Monday).

Can't wait for rain. I hope they keep releasing characters all the way up to MK10 !

My gut is telling me that the 4th and secret DLC character is Reiko. It makes sense because I think he is the natural heir to the throne of Outworld.

Tanya is cool, I like her manipulative nature, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "a female quan chi", I think that's a bit much. Who I would like to see even more than her is "Sareena" ! Her story hasn't been viewed much in the fighting games, but it MKM:Sub-Zero she was crucial. And she has the capacity and potential for way more treacherous activity than Tanya. Tanya is only human, while Sareena is straight outta the Netherealm and the brothers of shadow. Part of Quan-chi and Shinnok's inner circle. She is probably the only one who can tell us how the hell Sub-Zero became Noob Saibot !

MK needs another adventure game like that. It deeply explored a sliver of the MK universe through the eyes and journey of Sub-Zero and was the beginning of the corruption of his soul. Very deep stuff.

Can't wait for rain. I hope they keep releasing characters all the way up to MK10 !

My gut is telling me that the 4th and secret DLC character is Reiko. It makes sense because I think he is the natural heir to the throne of Outworld.

Tanya is cool, I like her manipulative nature, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "a female quan chi", I think that's a bit much. Who I would like to see even more than her is "Sareena" ! Her story hasn't been viewed much in the fighting games, but it MKM:Sub-Zero she was crucial. And she has the capacity and potential for way more treacherous activity than Tanya. Tanya is only human, while Sareena is straight outta the Netherealm and the brothers of shadow. Part of Quan-chi and Shinnok's inner circle. She is probably the only one who can tell us how the hell Sub-Zero became Noob Saibot !

MK needs another adventure game like that. It deeply explored a sliver of the MK universe through the eyes and journey of Sub-Zero and was the beginning of the corruption of his soul. Very deep stuff.
Tanya is manipulative, highly intelligent, and has knowledge of black magic, just like Quan Chi. That's why I said she was similar to Quan Chi, only not as powerful.

And Sareena is good, not even close to being evil or treacherous, because Bi-Han spared her life in Mythologies, and she also wants to escape from the Netherrealm and keep up her human form.

I never liked Tanya myself either but, after what they have done with all the characters and DLC characters I welcome her. If she does come out as DLC I hope the NRS team could keep their hands off their dick with her costume design, because so far all the female characters dress like sluts.