Official Skarlet Discussion- Everything Skarlet Related Goes Here

Thumbs for Skarlet?

• Total voters
Re: Skarlet ???

Nice I was waiting for some one to blow up the picture.... I think she should be a secret character you fight at the bottom of the pit.

OK the character that have not been officially confirmed are Kabal, Baraka, Smoke, Sheeva, Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, and Rain or Quan Chi. Official Playstation Magazine said that Kano is confirmed but we have not seen him so I'm adding him to the list too. Now with that list could you really leave one of them out, given what this game is said to be, in favor of a new character? If she takes a slot away from one of them it is just plan wrong. FREE THE MORTAL KOMBAT 26!

OK the character that have not been officially confirmed are Kabal, Baraka, Smoke, Sheeva, Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, and Rain or Quan Chi. Official Playstation Magazine said that Kano is confirmed but we have not seen him so I'm adding him to the list too. Now with that list could you really leave one of them out, given what this game is said to be, in favor of a new character? If she takes a slot away from one of them it is just plan wrong. FREE THE MORTAL KOMBAT 26!

Hopefully there will be more slots than 26 then if she is supposed to be an initial character. I agree with you totally, none of the originals should be replaced by her. If Stryker and Sheeva, arguably the two most hated characters out of the original 26 can make the game, then I see no reason why any other originals should be left out for her to take their place.

I bet she's an unlockable character. That would be so awesome.

She looks fantastic.

110% agree or even an unplayable secret character would be awesome just like the good ol' days. She looks bad ass but the MK 26 should come first. I hope that they can work in an awesome story for her as well. If not in this game maybe next. Something more than Kitana's friend in red but something that fit the mythos and don't seem tacked on.

Honestly i would have Skarlet in over Quan Chi who only started in MK4, i know he plays i vital role in the MK storyline but he should just play a big cameo in the game or rather be DLC.

That being said im not sure were Kintaro and Motaro stand, if Sheeva and Goro can make it then why not them?

About this "new" character:
it's 2011 and NRS still can't create a decent character, seems like their inspiration vanished after MK3... I mean: ANOTHER ****IN' NINJA????
Totally disappointed, I don't give a fukk about her, she's totally worthless IMO.

About this "new" character:
it's 2011 and NRS still can't create a decent character, seems like their inspiration vanished after MK3... I mean: ANOTHER ****IN' NINJA????
Totally disappointed, I don't give a fukk about her, she's totally worthless IMO.

Daaawww.... Candy?

It's nice to see her up close and clear for the first time. I'm pumped that we're getting a new female character too. And even though I hate people that complain about this stuff, I'm gonna be one and say that they really need to give her a new mask, something simple like the other girls, there's something distracting about that one.

I really don't understand why people still think there is only going to be 26. Nobody has ever said there are going to be 26 characters in this game. They will obviously release the original 26 in one way or another, probably one or two through DLC to maximize profit. You need new characters to keep the game somewhat fresh, what a better way to add a new character than to do it in MK fashion bringing an old myth and making her real. I am excited about the prospect personally.

I really don't understand why people still think there is only going to be 26. Nobody has ever said there are going to be 26 characters in this game. They will obviously release the original 26 in one way or another, probably one or two through DLC to maximize profit. You need new characters to keep the game somewhat fresh, what a better way to add a new character than to do it in MK fashion bringing an old myth and making her real. I am excited about the prospect personally.

Every select screen we've been shown has 26 slots. Its possible that it'll change, but I really doubt it. If that really is Skarlett (it probably is), and she is playable, she'll be DLC or hidden in the game, not on the initial roster.

Why do you think there will be more than 26? The select screen that has been shown is 26 slots and the man himself Ed Boon said there would be around 20 characters so why would you think more than 26? I like the way she looks and a new character could be cool but for the most part new characters have been a huge let down in MK for a long time now. This is the MK-UMK3 time line so it should be MK-UMK3 characters to fit the time line. Be sides the fact that the majority of MK fans (at least from what I've seen) like the MK-UMK3 characters better. What if one of your favs where the one that got left out? You would be very disappointed. This game is in their words "a love letter to the fans." To leave one of the originals out to put a new character that may be someones favorite character out don't seem to fit that to me. Granted my favorites are either in or very likely and I'm not a huge fan of say Sheeva but there are people on here that are. To leave anyone out seem to go against everything they have said they are trying to do with this game.

oh man...just wait for mmm...MK 10? ...thats just not your cup of tea...MK 2011 DOESN'T NEED anymore new characters, than those everyone already atleast heard about...such as Skarlett, which should appear in Mk 2011 ONLY as optional DLC character thats all...besides nobody said that roster will consist of 26 total! that just means there's 26 character select slots nothing more beyond this point...with Shao Kahn and Goro confirmed its already 28 characters, not to mention its not even 100% known yet whether Motaro and Kintaro would make it in or not...

such as Skarlett, which should appear in Mk 2011 ONLY as optional DLC character thats all...

I couldn't agree more. Including her, in any fashion, would just be to appease the long-term die-hards. The casual gamer has NO clue who "Skarlett" is. Making her a DLC is a good way for them to make a buck off us, since we'd all shell it out to see what they did. Also, by making her a DLC, there's no rush for them to create a long backstory. They can save all that for the next game, if they feel like including her again.

MK9_360_Jax_ChainofCommandCombo_Gardens_WEB.jpg

great 2 lame characters with guns....why?