Official Skarlet Discussion- Everything Skarlet Related Goes Here

Thumbs for Skarlet?

• Total voters
i like her, but i wish some of her combos started off with a mid hit. the majority of her combos start high and very ez to uppercut. i end up using her specials more than her combos

im REALLY hoping Tanya or Li Mei is the 4th dlc fighter. 2 male 2 female, thats fair. way too many males in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Thumbs up for Skarlet?

If I may say so, freaky lady with messed up mouth is kinda sexy.

Red head (+), great fighter (+), AND SHE TAKES A SHOWER IN THE ENEMIES BLOOD! (++++)

I love Skarlet, can't play as her to save my life though.

So today I was about to get a flawless on Shao Kahn with skarlet, and then I accidentally did the blood ball. Bye bye flawless.

She's good, but her voice is super annoying. Especialu when you hit her with a few low jabs she sounds like a complaining crow.

Her special move have a slow start up animation but overall a very fun character to play

Re: Skarlet ???

Gonna be in the minority and give her a thumbs down....I don't dislike her and I don't think she is awful, she just isn't awesome enough to make me wet my panties. I guess it's more of an 'overrated' thing, which is why I give the thumbs down. A lot of people are talking about her like she is the greatest thing ever and I don't think she is.

I played through ladder with her and don't think I will even choose her again.....well, maybe once in a while, but certainly not on the regular.

She is my new fave female character in the game.Her x ray is awesome her first fatality yeah it is hot well can't wait to see what nrs has planned next kinda wish they would have thrown a little more into the dlc char side especially @ 4.99

So i gotta say what does it take ;)

DarkRaiden.jpg

You'll have to excuse me for a few moments now <3

Skarlet is a good addition to Mk9 roster. She has a good moveset. Her dagger toss is fast and you can manipulate the timing. Her Air Dagger works well and if you EX the move it defiantly gives the Dagger added distance, which I use alot. Her Red Slide EX is perfect against projectiles and if you Up Slash at the end of the move, it sets you up to do a nice combo. Good move against projectile spammers. Her blood stomp is a effective move but you have to be careful using it because if you miss, it gives your opponent a pretty big window to attack. So I would use it cautiously.
As mentioned already, her combo setup's or a bit slower to connect so I would assume that the frame advantage will go to your opponent. Instead be a defensive character with Skarlet. Make your opponent pay when they make a mistake, like Sub-Zero. You have to play smart with Skarlet to get the best out of her.

yep, you ought to play carefully with Skarlet, playing smart.

Her Up Slash / Down Slash have a slow start up, so, you will lose majority of hits by oponent blocking them or hitting first with frame advantage moves. So, it's advisable use them mixed with basic combos, or during a Ex Red Dash, or when you see a missing special move coming from opponent, that gives you enough time window to counter-attack with Skarlet's moves. Examples : Scorpion Teleport when blocked, Mileena Roll Ball when blocked, Kung Lao Dive Kick when blocked, Johnny Cage Flip Kick when blocked, etc ....

Anyway, once if they hit, Up Slash / Down Slash are deadly, because allow Skarlet for some devastating combos, using combos sequences and quick forward dashes to keep the enemy juggling in the air. The slashes moves are risky, so spamming them it's never an option, it's the stupidest thing what inexperienced players can do and must be avoided.

Gonna be in the minority and give her a thumbs down....I don't dislike her and I don't think she is awful, she just isn't awesome enough to make me wet my panties. I guess it's more of an 'overrated' thing, which is why I give the thumbs down. A lot of people are talking about her like she is the greatest thing ever and I don't think she is.

I played through ladder with her and don't think I will even choose her again.....well, maybe once in a while, but certainly not on the regular.

I have to agree with that. I gave Skarlett a thumbs down too. She is a great addition to the series and all, but my little liking to her entire moveset (love the air projectile tho) and combos is only going to cause me to stop using her, it sucks knowing I payed for this. I don't have the tolerance to put up with taking away my own health and using dash shenanigans to put down my opponent, she is extremely weak. Though, I admit she should be reckon with in the right hands, definitely not mines.

I have to agree with that. I gave Skarlett a thumbs down too. She is a great addition to the series and all, but my little liking to her entire moveset (love the air projectile tho) and combos is only going to cause me to stop using her, it sucks knowing I payed for this. I don't have the tolerance to put up with taking away my own health and using dash shenanigans to put down my opponent, she is extremely weak. Though, I admit she should be reckon with in the right hands, definitely not mines.

Agreed. I do better with Stryker than with her and I'm pretty horrible with Stryker

Skarlet gets a thumbs up from me. Her kunai throw and teleport stab moves are awesome.

Last edited: