Official Skarlet Discussion- Everything Skarlet Related Goes Here

Thumbs for Skarlet?

• Total voters
Here it is... More people that noticed that we didn't got her awesome alternate costume from some videos.

So much fail... The character is amazing but they could have served it a lot better to the fans.

Re: Any1 else super happy with Skarlet?

I like her a lot as well, the options from her dash make her really versatile, and I like the way you can stagger her projectiles.

She's alright. I'm not that great as her, though. But then again I haven't really practiced much with her. From what I can see (and I may be wrong) she needs more specials.

She's alright. I'm not that great as her, though. But then again I haven't really practiced much with her. From what I can see (and I may be wrong) she needs more specials.

More? Her specials already fill up a whole page in the moves list menu. She takes some work to get used to, I've messed around with her and I'm starting to get used to her. I think she's got all the tools she needs to be a very good fighter. My two cents.

Here it is... More people that noticed that we didn't got her awesome alternate costume from some videos.

So much fail... The character is amazing but they could have served it a lot better to the fans.

Agreed.

PS - Nice name, lol. I love BioShock and Cohen's just a freak show. =)

More? Her specials already fill up a whole page in the moves list menu. She takes some work to get used to, I've messed around with her and I'm starting to get used to her. I think she's got all the tools she needs to be a very good fighter. My two cents.

Well, I mean... Less stupid ones and more cooler ones. lol I don't know, I don't care for most of her specials right now.

It'll be interesting to see what her role will be in MK10. What I'm hoping is that she's independent from the Netherrealm and that she focuses on killing Quan Chi, or maybe Havik encounters Skarlet and turns her to the side of Chaos. Her blood-absorbing abilities could prove useful to the equally deranged Chaosrealms in their goals of keeping the Chaos in Outworld...

My only possible concern with her is whether or not her staggered projectiles will be abused too much online. It is going to make approaching her harder, as the timing for jump or dash without receiving the second blade will be quite tight.

I like her alot. I'm still getting used to her so I've mainly just been button mashing but I did get a Flawless on Kintaro and Shao Kahn with her on medium. I would have switched her blood ball attack with something that allowed you to drain her opponent's blood for health though. Also her loincloth is the only thing about her design that bugs me. It's just so plain. Could have been longer and more detailed imho. Other than that she's a great addition to the roster imo.

I dont mind her she is not as hard to fight against as I thought she would be. Although I have yet to see someone use her to full potential most people just throw projectiles or teleport lol

Re: Skarlet in MK10?

As I said in another thread, I'm hoping Skarlet isn't just another pawn of the Netherrealm, and that her debut in the story either focuses on her hunting down Quan Chi and the Brotherhood of Shadow, or maybe Havik meets her and turns her to the Side of Chaos (Skarlet's bloodlust would prove useful to Chaosrealm's goals of keeping the chaos in Outworld).

As a fighter, she seems to be pretty cool thus far. A good mix of offense and defense and just a fun style. As a character, her ending is really cool and she has some good potential to build off of later. As an overall package, not so much. Her lack of an alternate costume, no slot in the Nekropolis, an odd win animation between rounds, and some glitches that have been reported along with her download have kinda left my a touch underwhelmed. If NRS can figure it out and fix it for future Skarlet downloads and DLC characters though then it'd be a nice learning experience, in my opinion.

Agree with that 100%.
Maybe we MK fans want a slot for her in the Nekropolis so we can view her character model,
read her bio, watch her ending, and check our stats, and master her.
Maybe we MK want a Alternate Costume to play with.
Maybe we MK fans want a winning animation that is cut off by the end of our TV screens.
Skarlet as a character & fighter is awesome, Skarlet as a package is kinda weak.

Agree with that 100%.
Maybe we MK fans want a slot for her in the Nekropolis so we can view her character model,
read her bio, watch her ending, and check our stats, and master her.
Maybe we MK want a Alternate Costume to play with.
Maybe we MK fans want a winning animation that is cut off by the end of our TV screens.
Skarlet as a character & fighter is awesome, Skarlet as a package is kinda weak.

You can view her in the Nekropolis! Pick any character and once your in the view mode of that character press start, go to character select and pick her. There ya go now you can view her. The only thing you cant do is view her stats and ending

You can view her in the Nekropolis! Pick any character and once your in the view mode of that character press start, go to character select and pick her. There ya go now you can view her. The only thing you cant do is view her stats and ending

Right and you can view his her bio too.

I really love her so far. She's the first female character I'm actually getting into and I like what I'm seeing! Good job NRS! ;) Can't wait for the three next characters

I think she's great. She's fun to play as and both fatalities are awesome in my opinion. Now, if only her voice wasn't so annoying...oh well. Can't have it all I guess.

EDIT: Does anyone else notice that the blood pooling around her feet in her intro is jagged and pixelated (not anti-aliased for you artists out there)? Or is that just mine? Thanks.