Official Skarlet Discussion- Everything Skarlet Related Goes Here

Thumbs for Skarlet?

• Total voters
Re: Thoughts on Skarlet?

I think its messed up because most of the times when she stabs the ground she does it with half of the body out of the screen, they need to fix it, just because of aesthetics... first time i was like, what is she doing?? i cant see it.

i noticed this too..

Is her damage messed up or something? If I do a 1,2, down slash combo into an x-ray it only does 31% damage. How do those 3 moves only add 2%? There are a couple other xray combos I do with her that barely add any extra damage.

How to beat Kano with Skarlet?

Just lost 5-0 to Kano with Skarlet. It was really fun that I couldn't figure out how to beat his Up Ball on his wake-up so I couldn't keep applying pressure as usual, and I wasn't finding too many options on defense other than throwing knives. I swear, his Up Ball>Shoryuken. Anyways, help would be much appreciated :D

Re: How to beat Kano with Skarlet?

You don't have many choices there, Kano's up-ball is fast and safe on block (in a word: broken). I suggest you wait, he'll be nerfed soon then it'll require true skill to use Kano.

You don't have many choices there, Kano's up-ball is fast and safe on block (in a word: broken). I suggest you wait, he'll be nerfed soon then it'll require true skill to use Kano.

It was already nerfed Etryus. It's easily punishable by a grab, downjab, fast uppercut, fast special, or some other moves that characters have.

It was given 2 more frames of startup and 6 more frames of vulnerability on block. It's just about as punishable as Reptile's dash now.

The key is to bait it out and punish him for it. It's not that hard, really. Just don't jump around too often because you're just begging to get upballed. Stay grounded, dash block into a distance where you could pressure him, and start your business.

Kano is a tough fight for Skarlet, but, not impossible to be overcomed .... anyway, you have to play secure and more defensive , waiting for some opening / flaw coming from Kano's player, otherwise, he kick your ass !! XD :D

It was already nerfed Etryus. It's easily punishable by a grab, downjab, fast uppercut, fast special, or some other moves that characters have.

It was given 2 more frames of startup and 6 more frames of vulnerability on block. It's just about as punishable as Reptile's dash now.

The key is to bait it out and punish him for it. It's not that hard, really. Just don't jump around too often because you're just begging to get upballed. Stay grounded, dash block into a distance where you could pressure him, and start your business.

In Europe it got patched yesterday... I think. The PS3 downloaded a 41mb file but I haven't noticed any changes about the online feature. And I haven't played a Kano or reptile yet since then. Let's hope you're right ;)

Nope, which secures me from spending the additional $15 in MK DLC until they address how they're going to handle the DLC characters and the Nekropolis. $4.99 was too much for an incomplete character pack.

It's just viewing a character and her ending. I don't buy DLC characters to look at them in Nekropolis. If she had like no fatalities that would be unacceptable but the only thing I don't like is that she has no alternate. Her ending movie isn't even that great.

Yeah I'd have to say his Upball and Reptile's dash is easily the most spammed moved next to Torpedo Raiden.
Don't jump when in upball distance. If you have a teleporter, teleport during Knife spam and throw against his upball

In the patch notes it mentioned fixing kanos upball recovery on block. If it hasn't happened yet its probably gonna get hotfixed. In which case wait for it to be fixed. I usually block it (cmon the avg kano will upball wakeup everytime!) Then immediatly low poke link into special.

You should be able to view her character bio (without a hassle), her alternate costume (had it been included), and her ending. If I wanna show someone her ending, they or myself would have to finish ladder again or I have to pull up YouTube every time? Kinda dumb if you ask me. Especially when Ed Boon stated before the system they used would allow them to add in all sorts of stuff then here recently it's just going to be characters.

$4.99 is steep just for a playable character (with one costume) and their two fatalities. I'm not saying they're nickle and diming people like Capcom but the price still seems kinda "meh"...

Overall, I like Skarlet but felt her to be a bit incomplete.

Her X-Ray is brutal and, despite low damage, is useful. It's an overhead and can be combo'd into, good s--t there. Her first fatality is pretty sick and her second is great conceptually but I think they missed something in the execution. Her win animation between rounds is weird, it gets cut off a bit and it just seems really random. The obvious lack of an alternate costume and Nekropolis is just weak. As a fighter, she gets good marks from me. I haven't gotten to play her too much (power got knocked out by a storm at my house so I have to go to Starbucks just to get internet access lol), but the time I spent with her showed me a really versatile character that could give some players fits. Her ending was really fun too, could definitely be partially canon.

She's a bit rough around the edges for a "finished product", but I'm hoping she'll point out some flaws to NRS so that they'll step it up a notch for next time.

$4.99 is steep just for a playable character (with one costume) and their two fatalities. I'm not saying they're nickle and diming people like Capcom but the price still seems kinda "meh"...

Remember she has her own moves and specials too. I only bought Jill for MvC3 because I love Resident Evil. I was unsure about buying Skarlet because of the $4.99 price but I did and I'm quite satisfied. You should pick her up. It was a good purchase

I think its messed up because most of the times when she stabs the ground she does it with half of the body out of the screen, they need to fix it, just because of aesthetics... first time i was like, what is she doing?? i cant see it.

This. I really hope that gets patched. On the plus side you usually get a nice view of Skarlet's ass in her round 1 victory pose.

Does Skarlet gets her own stage btw ?

I just consider the Pit Bottom as her stage.

It's just viewing a character and her ending. I don't buy DLC characters to look at them in Nekropolis. If she had like no fatalities that would be unacceptable but the only thing I don't like is that she has no alternate. Her ending movie isn't even that great.

I can actually live with no alternate simply cause I didn't find her alternate that appealing but I do like to view my stats with characters just to see how much effort I've put into them. I also like to occaisonally watch their endings without having to go through the Ladder each time. The fact that I can't do that with Skarlet really makes her feel incomplete. That being said, I don't feel ripped off and I'm fairly confident we'll see this fixed.