Official Skarlet Discussion- Everything Skarlet Related Goes Here

Thumbs for Skarlet?

• Total voters
lmao. Right...I didn't think the female models varied that much but After training with Skarlet, you soon realize that she's anorexic.

Agreed.

I like seeing tits and ass, but i like variation too.

Agreed.

Ashrah has to be my 2nd favorite female in MK...i loved the fact that she was a demon, a chick not wearing a mask or veil and she was clothed. OOOOOH the suspense of what was under that white clothing...probably tentacles, who knows...it was sexy to me tho.

wtf2.jpg

Last edited:
Clearly, people want an alternate because her primary isn't that appealing. Now, before we start the whole "she looks like a stripper" discussion, I want to say I have nothing against MK girls being dressed like strippers as long as they stick to their theme. For example, I think Jade looks great. But if an MK girl is wearing a neck scarf and flippin' metal shoulder pads, my wild guess is that she probably wants to be covered up. Why, oh why, would you cover her from the neck up and then dress her in nothing but a thong and high heels from the neck down?

I feel like, even if it hinders the theme, it has become a requirement for an MK girl to be butt naked. If NRS released some girl named Guinevere whose theme is that of a medieval knight, I wouldn't be surprised if she had a full knight's helmet on her head and nothing but a bikini below that.

Character's like Skarlet, Kitana, Mileena, Jade etc I have no real problem with them dressing skimpy. I allways felt Edenian women were supposed to be beautiful and had no problem wearing clothes a bit more revealing than that of your standard Earthrealm girl. I also figured Shao Kahn would require his female warriors and assassins to dress revealingly to distract their opponents or targets as well for his amusement. The only female that dresses like a stripper and has no business doing so is Sonya. She's supposed to be Special Ops so you'd think she'd at least button her vest all the way up or have a shirt on underneith.

Anyways my biggest complaint about Skarlet's design isn't her lack of an outfit, it her loincloth and how it's attached. You think they could have been a tad more creative there. Her loincloth is attached by a rope which makes it look kinda weird. The loincloth itself could have bee a little longer and more detailed.

Interesting thing to note about Skarlet:

Her Throw (Away) inflicts 17% damage while her Throw (Towards) only inflicts 11%.
All of the other characters' throws inflict the same 12% of damage Away and Towards (except for 8%, 9%, and 14% from Jax, Shang Tsung, and Sheeva, respectively).

Strange break in consistency!

I saw that. Someone was talking about a patch for it. I was like "What the hell for?". Who knows, maybe she jams her knife deeper in their skin with the Away Throw is used. **** it, leave it like it is. Throws in Tekken have different damage properties.

I'm not that impressed with her. She's not horrible, but she's not about to storm into my "Most Used" list. Ever. Her teleport is damn fast though, that's gonna cause some slower blockers some grief. Heh.

I got a quick question. Did anyone else download the compatibility pack 1 and get to play as skarlet? because as soon as it updated on the 360 marketplace i downloaded it and i was able to play as her online and in arcade.

I got a quick question. Did anyone else download the compatibility pack 1 and get to play as skarlet? because as soon as it updated on the 360 marketplace i downloaded it and i was able to play as her online and in arcade.
yep, I did the same. hopefully when the other charactrs come out, we wont have to find a way to get past all this crap in order to get them

About the 2nd costume i found this on TYM

"So from what Paulo Garcia told us, her alternate was worked on, but it wasn't finished. He's unsure if it will be finished though, because he doesn't work on that."

It would be better if they had released the unfinished version than nothing!
as-2.jpg

I'm not that impressed with her. She's not horrible, but she's not about to storm into my "Most Used" list. Ever. Her teleport is damn fast though, that's gonna cause some slower blockers some grief. Heh.

total agreement here.

About the 2nd costume i found this on TYM

"So from what Paulo Garcia told us, her alternate was worked on, but it wasn't finished. He's unsure if it will be finished though, because he doesn't work on that."

It would be better if they had released the unfinished version than nothing!
as-2.jpg

this looks ssssoooooooo much better than the primary.

[edit] has anyone figured the inputs for her 2nd fatality, stage and babality yet?

@jravenwood They're in the TRMK guide.

Some small glitches I noticed. 1) If you pick Skarlet and use the Tournament Mode Kombat Kode, both player models will still get damaged. 2) You can't select her P2 color if you use Start to select her. These were on the PS3 version. Not sure if they're present in the 360 version.

total agreement here.

[edit] has anyone figured the inputs for her 2nd fatality, stage and babality yet?

Fatality 1 - D,B,D,D (BLK) Touching

Fatality 2 - F,B,D,D, (BK) Jump

Stage - F,B,F (FP) Touching

Babality - D,B,D,F (BP) Jump

They left out her alternate because it's Kira with a mask. Nearly the same exact pants. Even her primary is highly unoriginal. She's always looked like a new twist on Kira. Zzzzzzz.

They left out her alternate because it's Kira with a mask. Nearly the same exact pants. Even her primary is highly unoriginal. She's always looked like a new twist on Kira. Zzzzzzz.

That's very observant of you. Nice find, I guess? lol.

I agree.

She's too... uhm... NAKED in her primary. This is SKARLET. The color red should really pop when we see her. And with her lack of clothes, it doesn't. It looks like Mileena only with a little bit of red instead of a little bit of purple.

I still think she's great, but damn. Another poor design obviously created by some raging heterosexual pervert. NRS needs BETTER designers for the characters. Or at least for the female combatants.

(Hi, new here) If you think about it, her being dressed in such skimpy clothes kind of makes sense, thematically. She needs her opponents blood to splash on her skin while she's fighting them (granted the stripper boots are more of a fetish type choice, but regardless). And the full face mask also goes with her origin theme, being that she was a palette error for Kitana. Just my two cents though :)

Getting Skarlett and others without PSN

Hey, here's a direct question. My PS3 has no connection to PSN and never will (by certain reasons). Is there any way to download Skarlett and (the main thing - Sector and Cyrax klassic skins!!!!) other DLC on my computer and then add to BLUS-30522 folder? I only need to avoid PSN.
Please, PM and thank you for your help!

Last edited:
Re: Getting Skarlett and others without PSN

so...u stole ur ps3, and/or modded it to play pirated games, so u cant connect to psn. amirite?

odds are, after all the dlc is released, they'll release a game of the year edition or something.

I didn't steal my PS3, i broke it so it's now impossible to connect to the web:(
And i didn't say i wanna steal Scarlet, i meant only getting her by computer avoiding console web connect.

I didn't steal my PS3, i broke it so it's now impossible to connect to the web:(
And i didn't say i wanna steal Scarlet, i meant only getting her by computer avoiding console web connect.

Soooo.... You broke the Wifi AND the ethernet? Liar.