Official Skarlet Discussion- Everything Skarlet Related Goes Here

Thumbs for Skarlet?

• Total voters
Re: New MKast! Dig into Skarlet with the team from NetherRealm.

i have a feeling that she will be vary op more so than kung lao. she looks a little to fast she can close distance with out punishment is'nt gonna go over well with many people.

She might very well be the first female character I main in any fighting game EVAR! We shall see tomorrow.

I agree about her appearing to look OP. Notice the word "appearing" though. While she does have great speed and impressive looking combos, remember that we couldn't see how much damage she was actually doing. I've seen quite a few impressive looking high-hit combos that only ended up doing 30-some-odd percent damage.

We're just going to have to see what kind of damage out put she's got and how punishable her moves are.

no i was talking about how she was able to just plow threw subs ice ball and go stright in to a vary vary long combo.

may be kung lao is going to have to down grade his scrub card to gold cuse skarlet might take his platnum spot of scrub king.

Last edited:

Damnit NRS, Valve, and Monolith!

This week, we have: Fear 3, Skarlet, and TF2 Uber Update this thursday!

I agree about her appearing to look OP. Notice the word "appearing" though. While she does have great speed and impressive looking combos, remember that we couldn't see how much damage she was actually doing. I've seen quite a few impressive looking high-hit combos that only ended up doing 30-some-odd percent damage.

We're just going to have to see what kind of damage out put she's got and how punishable her moves are.
Well, they said she was one of the most skill-based characters, so maybe if you want a lot of damage, you must perform long combos.

Well, they said she was one of the most skill-based characters, so maybe if you want a lot of damage, you must perform long combos.

yah thats all well and good but if there is'nt at least 1 ex bar used in the whole combo then how fair would that be to some one that has to use 2 just to get a exceptional combo like sheeva or baraka.

yah thats all well and good but if there is'nt at least 1 ex bar used in the whole combo then how fair would that be to some one that has to use 2 just to get a exceptional combo like sheeva or baraka.

while wondering is all well and good, better to wait and see in the end. baraka doesnt need 2 to get a exceptional combo btw, 30%+ is exceptional, most chars dont exceed the 30% range either for meterless combos.

while wondering is all well and good, better to wait and see in the end. baraka doesnt need 2 to get a exceptional combo btw, 30%+ is exceptional, most chars dont exceed the 30% range either for meterless combos.

i haven't seen any really good barakas so i'll take u at ur word on that one. my main issue is with her dash and her projectile block. it should be her ex dash but if its just her regular one.
wow kung lao all over again.

She does look like she's gonna be crazy strong, but her Blood Ball takes some of her health regardless of whether it hits or not, so that's a handicap. She could have to spend a lot of meter to fully explore her combo potential (her gameplay videos seem to show her using meter a lot). She could have a number of unsafe moves on block. Etc etc. She looks really cool, but there a number of potential ways to balance her out a bit. No need to worry and get upset about Skarlet being "OP" until she comes out. (Not calling anyone out, just sayin'.)

in not mad every thing i said is from the vid.

and i hope ur right she should have and probably will be held with the same laws and restrictions as all of them but it just seems like she has a little to many options like kung lao.

but may be i'm jumping the gun a little.

for me da best way to handle a skarlett user is to pay attention to their strategy shes fast we know dat for sure but she can also get overpowered by trying to figure out her weak spots n also by trying to figure out their next move its dat simple now if ur not that good well i wish u good luck!!

When I get her, I'm just gonna go into practice mode and let the computer use her on expert and see what she does to me, haha

I won't her anti-projectile dash will work on Ermac's Force Push/Slam? Ermac is one of my secondary characters and I'd be interested to see how his moves interact with her...

I won't her anti-projectile dash will work on Ermac's Force Push/Slam? Ermac is one of my secondary characters and I'd be interested to see how his moves interact with her...

They'll work freakin awesome, since they are both the Red Ninjas!

As long as she doesn't have any ridiculously safe special moves and has bad wakeup options she could be as broken as she wants to be lol.

I hope they weren't kidding when they said she actually takes skill to use. And of course I don't want her to be too overpowered, but then again I don't want her to be bad. Hmm.... can't wait.

no i was talking about how she was able to just plow threw subs ice ball and go stright in to a vary vary long combo.

That going through Sub's ice ball nonsense had better be the result of an enhanced red-dash.
Because if her regular red-dash can go through projectiles, well then god help the zoners :(

It MUST be her enhanced Slide, if her normal goes through projectiles she is very OP, also that kunai toss is super-spamable, I think we are facing Kung Lao 2.0 with breast...

I am no longer a skeptic.