Official Skarlet Discussion- Everything Skarlet Related Goes Here

Thumbs for Skarlet?

• Total voters
Re: Skarlet ???

MK9_360_Jax_ChainofCommandCombo_Gardens_WEB.jpg

great 2 lame characters with guns....why?

This has already been shown in a thread and the thread was about the picture.

They let you back....why?

Why do you think there will be more than 26? The select screen that has been shown is 26 slots and the man himself Ed Boon said there would be around 20 characters so why would you think more than 26? I like the way she looks and a new character could be cool but for the most part new characters have been a huge let down in MK for a long time now. This is the MK-UMK3 time line so it should be MK-UMK3 characters to fit the time line. Be sides the fact that the majority of MK fans (at least from what I've seen) like the MK-UMK3 characters better. What if one of your favs where the one that got left out? You would be very disappointed. This game is in their words "a love letter to the fans." To leave one of the originals out to put a new character that may be someones favorite character out don't seem to fit that to me. Granted my favorites are either in or very likely and I'm not a huge fan of say Sheeva but there are people on here that are. To leave anyone out seem to go against everything they have said they are trying to do with this game.

My favorite has yet to be confirmed, so I do hope that 26 is the final number.

Is it just me or is that picture like... super ****ing pretty? I didn't notice it originally. The graphics are just stunning.

Also, is that supposed to be the Warrior Shrine?

My favorite has yet to be confirmed, so I do hope that 26 is the final number.
I'm guessing your favorite character is..... Chameleon!

I couldn't agree more. Including her, in any fashion, would just be to appease the long-term die-hards. The casual gamer has NO clue who "Skarlett" is. Making her a DLC is a good way for them to make a buck off us, since we'd all shell it out to see what they did. Also, by making her a DLC, there's no rush for them to create a long backstory. They can save all that for the next game, if they feel like including her again.

It seems like she's already in the game. I don't see why they'd make her DLC. I think she'd be great as a secret unlockable character or something.

It seems like she's already in the game. I don't see why they'd make her DLC. I think she'd be great as a secret unlockable character or something.

I should've clarified that including her as a playable character would only be to appease long-term die-hards. Putting her in the background is nice, but if this were a movie, she'd be "Lady In Red 1", not "Skarlett, super secret character from eons ago". Basically, if they're going to include her, to make us geek out over it, they better make her playable. And, in that case, I'd prefer she were left as a DLC.

Is it just me or is that picture like... super ****ing pretty? I didn't notice it originally. The graphics are just stunning.

Also, is that supposed to be the Warrior Shrine?
I know right. This is pretty good. I love how they make it so naturey too. And no this is the Garden. Thats why it is like really pretty.
This place is like so beutiful tho. I mean, gosh, just look at it! The waterfalls, the birds, the sun coming up, and the trees. Then you kan see they add a little darkness with the kandles, the skulls, the statue of Goro, and the music.
Here is a better view.

Hmmm have you notice two people fighting back there?

EDIT: Here is the theme to it

I know right. This is pretty good. I love how they make it so naturey too. And no this is the Garden. Thats why it is like really pretty.
This place is like so beutiful tho. I mean, gosh, just look at it! The waterfalls, the birds, the sun coming up, and the trees. Then you kan see they add a little darkness with the kandles, the skulls, the statue of Goro, and the kandles all melting.
Here is a better view.

All that, just to splatter it with blood...

It's mostly likely one of the bridges from The Pit...

This place is like so beutiful tho. I mean, gosh, just look at it! The waterfalls, the birds, the sun coming up, and the trees. Then you kan see they add a little darkness with the kandles, the skulls, the statue of Goro, and the music.
Here is a better view.

EDIT: Here is the theme to it

They add darkness to it

So where's the Warrior Shrine? I thought someone said it was confirmed.

So where's the Warrior Shrine? I thought someone said it was confirmed.

**** you were right! That is the Warrior Shrine. It doesnt look right! I wish they would of had it like the MK1 version. They need to add statues to it!

EDIT: Nevermind, this is the garden. And yeah they have but they havent showed it yet I guess.

Do you really think NRS is going to make a non-UMK3 character playable OVER an UMK3 character? No, it's not.
Oh and for who doesnt' know the roster is NOT GOING TO BE 26 characters.

**** you were right! That is the Warrior Shrine. It doesnt look right! I wish they would of had it like the MK1 version. They need to add statues to it!

EDIT: Nevermind, this is the garden. And yeah they have but they havent showed it yet I guess.

Aldo! You're killing me! My mind keeps jumping around and I'm afraid!

Okay, so they haven't shown it yet? Good. Cause I was wondering how I missed it.

Do you really think NRS is going to make a non-UMK3 character playable OVER an UMK3 character? No, it's not.

Considering the story is changing, I don't see why not. It's a real (albeit small) possibility, that some of the people from MKII and III won't ever be involved with the tournament. I don't want to see that happen, but a reboot is meant to go in a new direction, right??

I don't want to see that happen, but a reboot is meant to go in a new direction, right??

Nope. 26 characters are the roster from MKT except the bosses and Chameleon/Sub Zero classic. Plus the 4 bosses secret unlockable is going to be 30 character.

Aldo! You're killing me! My mind keeps jumping around and I'm afraid!

Okay, so they haven't shown it yet? Good. Cause I was wondering how I missed it.

Lol sorry bro!

I hope it looks a little like this.

Have you notice those two people fighting in the background in the garden?

The people are Daegon vs "INSERT CAMEO HERE" from the other Pit. SO OBVIOUSLY!!!!1 lol

Nope. 26 characters are the roster from MKT except the bosses and Chameleon/Sub Zero classic. Plus the 4 bosses secret unlockable is going to be 30 character.

I know this. I'm good at the maths...You just need a few more commas, and I'd have some idea of what the hell you were saying at the end. My post was directed at the first half though.

Do you really think that what you're thinking is what they're thinking and that what they're thinking is in sync with what you're thinking? I think not.

No one knows what the **** they're thinking!! ED BOON IS LEADING THEM FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

I know this. I'm good at the maths...You just need a few more commas, and I'd have some idea of what the hell you were saying at the end. My post was directed at the first half though.

Sorry for my mispellings: I mean there are 26 characters from MKT without bosses and without Sub Zero Classic and Chameleon. That's all; the four bosses will be playable with codes/Secret/unlockable and perhaps there will be some ****ing good secrets (Reptile pit from mk1 is a good example).

Do you really think that what you're thinking is what they're thinking and that what they're thinking is in sync with what you're thinking? I think not.

No one knows what the **** they're thinking!! ED BOON IS LEADING THEM FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

What the hell? Lol you konfused me!

And hopefully they tell us who it is or we kan figure it out. Bro, I made a thread about it. Lets discuss it there so I won't get off subject here.

Sorry for my mispellings: I mean there are 26 characters from MKT without bosses and without Sub Zero Classic and Chameleon. That's all; the four bosses will be playable with codes/Secret/unlockable and perhaps there will be some ****ing good secrets (Reptile pit from mk1 is a good example).

I figured on all that. I know "26" was a pseuo-placeholder, because there's 26 slots, but they've already said there will be more through DLC, as well as Kratos and if(?) 360 gets their own exclusive.

On-topic, I'd rather not see one of those 26 get replaced by someone new, or from a later game, but since it IS a reboot, it's possible. As far as Skarlett is concerned, that'd really be a slap in the face, since she was never a "real" character. If they're going to throw someone new into the 26 at launch, why not someone who at least made a legit appearance?

I figured on all that. I know "26" was a pseuo-placeholder, because there's 26 slots, but they've already said there will be more through DLC, as well as Kratos and if(?) 360 gets their own exclusive.

On-topic, I'd rather not see one of those 26 get replaced by someone new, or from a later game, but since it IS a reboot, it's possible. As far as Skarlett is concerned, that'd really be a slap in the face, since she was never a "real" character. If they're going to throw someone new into the 26 at launch, why not someone who at least made a legit appearance?

I have a feeling she's going to be what Reptile was to MK1. A secret character that can be unlocked through... whatever. I HIGHLY doubt she'll be part of the main roster, though.