Official Skarlet Discussion- Everything Skarlet Related Goes Here

Thumbs for Skarlet?

• Total voters
Re: New MKast! Dig into Skarlet with the team from NetherRealm.

Not really looking forward to her.. yay, another person with a really fast dash that can go through projectiles, faster ranged attacks and a teleport!! I guess we know who all the noobs will be using. She has the run button so she automatically wins. I dunno.. I'll buy her but the jury is still out, probably just something else to break the game lol

To be honest I never really cared for her coming addition but the gameplay of her is very impressive...now I cant wait for Kenshi and Rain! So Ill get her to get her but thats about it

Not really looking forward to her.. yay, another person with a really fast dash that can go through projectiles, faster ranged attacks and a teleport!! I guess we know who all the noobs will be using. She has the run button so she automatically wins. I dunno.. I'll buy her but the jury is still out, probably just something else to break the game lol

Well dude we need someone like that to be honest. Think about it. Characters with zoning abilities tear up pressure characters. Take me for example, I main Johnny. He has no way to get to zoners minus his Ex Shadow Kick. Us JC users have to use one bar JUST to get close to our opponent. Not only that, that may work the first couple times, after that the opponent can just bait the kick and punish like no tomorrow. At that point I'm screwed completely. She looks appealing due to her speed and ability to close distance.

Good stuff. I was really looking forward to trying her out before this video and it was a nice little touch to build some last minute hype on her. Lookin' forward to her release tomorrow.

Wow I'm pretty damn shocked about that gameplay I just seen of hers. It actually got me excited; looking forward to play as her!

Well dude we need someone like that to be honest. Think about it. Characters with zoning abilities tear up pressure characters. Take me for example, I main Johnny. He has no way to get to zoners minus his Ex Shadow Kick. Us JC users have to use one bar JUST to get close to our opponent. Not only that, that may work the first couple times, after that the opponent can just bait the kick and punish like no tomorrow. At that point I'm screwed completely. She looks appealing due to her speed and ability to close distance.

but there is a fine line. what if she just stomps all over zoners? also im sure your damn good so go go dashblock! oldschool but very doable.

ill def be giving skarlett a shot, i like the blood theme!

but there is a fine line. what if she just stomps all over zoners? also im sure your damn good so go go dashblock! oldschool but very doable.

ill def be giving skarlett a shot, i like the blood theme!

Haha sure dash block, what about against Reptile? You dash block his Acid Spit/Force Balls, go to advance and BAM! He used he dash attack. Then he just dashes away and continues zoning. Trust me dude, against a good zoner that knows his character, there is almost nothing you can do.

Haha sure dash block, what about against Reptile? You dash block his Acid Spit/Force Balls, go to advance and BAM! He used he dash attack. Then he just dashes away and continues zoning. Trust me dude, against a good zoner that knows his character, there is almost nothing you can do.

i cant help but disagree. i think if you knew the distance on his dash you could bait it fine, it has a lot of recovery time now on block as well. but im glad you put the almost in there :p. i also stand by my stance that its still a fine line to tread between being "almost" unable to close the gap and the zoner to "almost" hav ea impossible time keeping distance. im curious to see if she oversteps this boundary or not, she has a good chance of being the first ever female char in mk that id main. i like her aesthetically and her moves look quite nice.

i cant help but disagree. i think if you knew the distance on his dash you could bait it fine, it has a lot of recovery time now on block as well. but im glad you put the almost in there :p. i also stand by my stance that its still a fine line to tread between being "almost" unable to close the gap and the zoner to "almost" hav ea impossible time keeping distance. im curious to see if she oversteps this boundary or not, she has a good chance of being the first ever female char in mk that id main. i like her aesthetically and her moves look quite nice.

I agree with that, but online it's very hard to punish or bait the dash. Offline it's fine. I was playing some Reptile users at these casuals I went to last week and the dash was punished much easier than it is online. For some reason I think the lag online makes things less punishable. I swear even after the patch I have to go Jedi to punish Lao's spin. Yet offline I can go make myself some Kool-aid and a sandwich and still punish the spin afterward.

I just realized that my awsome Sub-Zero has a disadvantage against her!! :O She has all the resources to get around me wether I play defensively or offensive. IM IN TROUBLE!

I just realized that my awsome Sub-Zero has a disadvantage against her!! :O She has all the resources to get around me wether I play defensively or offensive. IM IN TROUBLE!

Yeah looks like the new best anti-zoner. I'm liking that ;D

Very possible if you find a good Skarlet player, but I'm willing to be there will be plenty of people who just spam it and get punished the same way any other spammer gets punished. A good Skarlet player using the dash strategically though, that could be a problem. I share your concern, man. She's lookin' frightening lol.

I agree with that, but online it's very hard to punish or bait the dash. Offline it's fine. I was playing some Reptile users at these casuals I went to last week and the dash was punished much easier than it is online. For some reason I think the lag online makes things less punishable. I swear even after the patch I have to go Jedi to punish Lao's spin. Yet offline I can go make myself some Kool-aid and a sandwich and still punish the spin afterward.

DCP, you bastard...you made me want Kool-Aid... lol

Yeah looks like the new best anti-zoner. I'm liking that ;D

Def!! She can close distance very fast too this will be fun fighting her to try and learn the weaknesses

Edit: I agree on the spamming part she wont be hard to beat, but any good player who knows how to mix up their game even just a little could be a very good challenge while using her

Also she looks like she could be good at just straight up zonning herself. The more I rewatch the vid the more im liking her

Last edited:
DCP, you bastard...you made me want Kool-Aid... lol

Why can I say? Kool-aid is the best!

Def!! She can close distance very fast too

If she can throw her knives while in the air (think Sindel instant air fireball) she will be the best character in the game. Fastest projectile in the game, a dash that goes through other projectiles, very versatile mixup game, good combos. Shit

If she can throw her knives while in the air (think Sindel instant air fireball) she will be the best character in the game. Fastest projectile in the game, a dash that goes through other projectiles, very versatile mixup game, good combos. Shit
Yes, she can throw knives while in the air.