Official Skarlet Discussion- Everything Skarlet Related Goes Here

Thumbs for Skarlet?

• Total voters
Re: Leaked Skarlet videos [Moves/Combos/x-ray/babality/Fatality]

If anyone missed the stream of the PDP Tournament yesterday, there was a short interview with Ed Boon. You can see it here, about 56 minutes in. Skarlet got a brief mention.

Ed Boon said:
...We really want to make the [next] patch coincide with the first DLC that's going to come out. So the Skarlet character is going to contain not only her, but some free stuff and then also all the patch changes for balancing the game. [It's going to be released] certainly within the next month, but the next few weeks, I'd say...

Ed Boon, the co-creator of Mortal Kombat, released some new details today regarding MK9 DLC. It sounds like a few problems that we mentioned are going to be addressed very soon. An exact date was not provided.

According to Boon, Skarlet will be available as a playable character within the next month. It was also teased that there will be some “free stuff” included. In addition to that, certain characters will receive balance tweaks to go along with the new content. Thankfully, NetherRealm Studios is actually going to release patch notes this time around on the official MK website. It’s nice to know that the developers are listening to some of our concerns.

If you aren’t aware, today is day one of the official PDP Mortal Kombat 9 National Tournament in Las Vegas. The prize pool for the tournament is a whopping $21,000 for the top 8 competitors. The first place winner will go home with $10,000. The entire event is being live streamed by Team Spooky. Be sure to check it out if you want to see some high level Mortal Kombat action.

Source: PDP MK9 Tournament via archived interview

I Hope The 'Free Stuff' Is The Classic Costumes

This Better Mean A Stop To Shao Kahns Spamality

Last edited:
Re: Skarlets Release Date And More!

So we pay for Skarlet, but the rest of the stuff is free. Mwahahaha. Any word on new stages?

so does within the next month mean we could have to wait till the end of or May or June?

so does within the next month mean we could have to wait till the end of or May or June?

I posted the quote in the other Skarlet thread, but I'll put it up again here for you:

Ed Boon said:
...We really want to make the [next] patch coincide with the first DLC that's going to come out. So the Skarlet character is going to contain not only her, but some free stuff and then also all the patch changes for balancing the game. [It's going to be released] certainly within the next month, but the next few weeks, I'd say...

Could be in time for the PSN store restart at the end of May.

FREE STUFF

Skarlett for XBOX 360
I hope they add a 2nd costume for CSZ and custom get ups for all characters
Missing stage Fatalities
Most of all I want a NEW section added to the Krypt with all fighter/arena vignettes and Ninja Mime the movie ala Cooking with Scorpion

FREE STUFF

Skarlett for XBOX 360
I hope they add a 2nd costume for CSZ and custom get ups for all characters
Missing stage Fatalities
Most of all I want a NEW section added to the Krypt with all fighter/arena vignettes and Ninja Mime the movie ala Cooking with Scorpion

Skarlet`s Not Free For 360

Im not interested in a red kitana copy with knives, realese Rain for god say...

Rain Is Just Another Ninja.

A water powered ninja, there are no water using characters, and he is not anotehr ninja, ninjas are unique in this game now, they look all different besides being ninjas.
Also skarlet, she has all physical moves like most of the girls and she throws knives like kano... Rain has unique water powers that noone has.
Besides there is no MK without ninjas, and he is the only character from the old games that was left aside, he must return.

Guys i just released that NRS had preview the Stage Vignettes early before game release so why wouldnt they release them as DLC along with all the othet character vignettes that were never released with the game...things i personally would love to see for DLC:

Stages
Volcanic Arena (kratos first appearance with scorpion) with stage fatality
Pit 3 (mk3)
Palace Gates (mk1)
Kombat tomb mk2)

What do you mean?

How do you know how her Knife throw works?

Here is her full movelist (combos, specials, etc)
link!

Its called dagger toss, i guessis the same as kano but with smaller knives... there is not so many options for an special called like that.
I was glad when i saw her in her intro appearing from a blood pound, because i though she was going to be an elemental, but she seems to end up being another boring armed girl. [IMO]