Mortal Kombat: Resurgence(MK 7 working title)

Burning_Eye

Assuming Shao Khan would return as the resident menace, it sounds appropriate enough to me(if you factor in that it could also apply to Noob Saibot's rise to power, it's even better). Khan would need some powerful allies though. I'm thinking maybe he should punish the Deadly Alliance for their insubordination by making them slaves to his power. How will he do this you ask? Perhaps he uncovered those secret incantations the Dragon King was after or had Noob and Smoke assault the two with their hellish Nertherrealm legion. With this team of kombatants at his whim, Khan would indeed prove to be Earth's greatest threat, as is always the case with a new MK. The possibilites are really quite endless.

Not a bad idea, but isn't MK7, MK:Shaolin Monks, but as an adventure game, just a spin off and not considered MK7? Or is it?

Image said:
Not a bad idea, but isn't MK7, MK:Shaolin Monks, but as an adventure game, just a spin off and not considered MK7? Or is it?

Shaolin Monks is a spin-off adventure game, it is NOT MK7.

i would love to see someone who started off as a really minor character "rise to power". Like if Noob Saibot gets these mad new powers and is supposed to serve khan but uses him then fu*ks him up (ala Deadly Alliance) and if he somehow merges his powers with smoke (netherrealm magic???) he has a whole new bag of tricks

I like the functionality of the title: Resurgence. It is immediately applicable to not only Shao Khan's return but to Noob's emergence as a threat. Really, the title can apply to everyone. The characters are all out to get something, some of them returning to accomplish their tasks, others becoming new, intimidating forces altogether(Demi Kuei). Unforunately for Sub, he's got his hands full this time around. His big brother has learned he is still alive and wants to kill him, and now Frost is risen again(combining her newfound might with Sektor's and Rain's) harboring a vendetta against Sub as well. Sektor himself may want to challenge Sub in a rematch for his defeat at his hands.
At least Sub-Zero has experience in this field where everyone is out to get him. He is a grand master and the last member of the Lin Kuei. He may be able to thwart these foes yet but he will need help...

Sub Zero is considered by Raiden (in the end of MKDA) the major defensor of the earth realm!
I haven't played MKD yet, but someone told me that Scorpion was under the control of elder gods!
so, the elder gods could give orders to scorpion to help sub zero against his "news" enemies??!!

they gotta keep Havik as Khans right hand man i mean hes got powers to raise the dead ( also gotta keep that in mind when them make the specail moves for him) Noobs cool but.. ya keep havik as a Undead generalish kinda 2nd man

T-VIRUS said:
they gotta keep Havik as Khans right hand man i mean hes got powers to raise the dead ( also gotta keep that in mind when them make the specail moves for him) Noobs cool but.. ya keep havik as a Undead generalish kinda 2nd man
Dude, why would Havik waste time being Khan's right hand man? Havik's the dude pulling the strings here, he doesn't need to serve anyone.

A lot of good ideas here. Old school for MK7? I wouldn't mind, unless there was a mode for that.

There's always someone pulling the strings of someone else. Look at Ermac's ending, which indicates that someone was manipulating even the Dragon King.

On that note, I'm kinda disappointed in Shinnok. He had potential to be a great boss, but Shao Kahn was the best, specially in MKII.

I really like threads like this, because we all know that Boon and Co. look over these message boards. They've used so many ideas from the community over the years, we should be getting royalties. ;)

I agree. :D Shinnok was, well, the easiest boss ever in the MK series. Maybe he was just one of those bad guys who thought they had what it takes and apparently did not.

Shinnok should be stronger, but isn't. I had the Genesis version of MK1 and yes, Shang Tsung was easy, but not like Shinnok. Shang Tsung in the MK 1 Arcade Version in the MK:D Collectors Edition is much harder.

Well if you keep in mind that at the time you face Shinnok, he no longer has his Amulet, he's pretty limited in what he can do.

i think shang tshung should be the new big boss not like in DA but like he get some awesome power and become a bad ass again