Difficulty of each MK9 Character

SoldierOfGod

Anyone mind posting difficulty levels for each MK character? In MKDA, MKD, and MKA there were always a difficulty rating on each mk character on the select screen. Anyone know the difficulty lvl in MK9? thanks

PS: How do you counter a grapple in MK9 besides crouching?

no tier and difficulty level of a character is different. Tier is how a character fairs against other characters while difficulty is how an individual player fairs with a character.

It was rated 1-4 wasn't it? 4 making that character one of the hardest to master.

Going by that I'd say Reptile is a 4. He's not a pick up and play character and he's not versatile with a slow movement speed. He's still a great character.

Last edited:
Honestly, after a few hours playing with any of em they're all pretty easy. The more part difficult is learning how to play against certain characters.

PS: How do you counter a grapple in MK9 besides crouching?[/QUOTE]

If you tap 1 or 3 while in the process of being grabbed, you will counter a throw.

After playing with all, IMO :

Kung Lao, Reptile and Sektor seems hard to master .... playin for fun, fooling around ,spamming and playing uncompromised in being good with them, it's a thing .... but

Another thing is trying to master their combos and adquire a respectful high skill level, and I think their chain combos , connect with others moves to build a longer custom combo sequence, a bit harder to do .... require sometimes perfect timing, very quick command button and even position of the enemy in the stage or during the air juggle.

At least, I found difficulty in playing well with those 3, maybe I'm wrong.

I found it impossible to play as Jax. I'm more of a long-range person and Jax only has one (I think) ranged attack. I tried getting up close but I just kept dying. It's weird because when playing as somebody like Kabal or Liu Kang who are more close-ranged fighters I can fight pretty well. It's just Jax who I can't seem to get the hang of. Maybe because I never really liked Jax?

I find the hardest people to use are Kung Lao, Sindel, Reptile, Jade, Shang Tsung, Raiden, Kabal and Cyber Sub Zero

easiest are Scorpion, Sub, Johnny Cage, Baraka, Noob Saibot, Mileena, Liu Kang and Sheeva

middle are Sonya, Ermac, Nightwolf, Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, Stryker, Kano, Kitana, Quan Chi, Kratos and Jax

when i first started playing and only used kung lao in challenge tower and in story mode i wasn't too good with him i could do some decent combos and some nice dive kicks... recently i have seen him in tourny and combo vids

so i was at my friends the other day and he was playing story mode and he didnt wanna play kung laos chapter so he let me play his chapter and i was RAPING, doin like jump in, 4 hit, spin, triple dive kick combos and shiz fell right into place with his game play

Kung lao is pretty fukn good and accessible imo :/

keep trying and put in the time to practice and im sure you'll get it and stick with kung lao if your good with i'm stick with it and learn all his pop up's and combos you'll be good in know time.

OT:
i have found that sektor and cyrax tend to give me most of the trouble when i play.

I was rated 1-4 wasn't it?

no it was from 1-5 in decption i think let me look.

no your right it's from 1-4.
baraka is imo the only #4

Last edited:
I use Reptile and once you get the combos figured out he's no too too difficult Shang Tsung is hardest to play with IMO but is almost unstoppable once you learn how to use him, I fought a guy the other night who owned...those damn ground fireball combos are almost impossible to defend

I find it hard to play with Sub-Zero and Raiden IMO.Sub-Zero is too hard to land a combo cause hes slow.And Raiden is just to hard for me to learn.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to play like an expert with Raiden. I wish I could though. The guy seems like he could be unstoppable once you get the hang of him .

Why is everyone saying that the hardest to play are those characters that everyone and their mothers are raping people with online?

Kung Lao isn't hard to play as, he is probably the easiest person to play as...

Sub Zero has a little steeper learning curve, but he isn't hard to play as...

You want to know the three most difficult people to play as?

Sheeva, Baraka, and Jax.

And that's because you actually have to work for their kills.

Seriously, this is Halo 3's Battle Rifle all over again: "Anyone can get kills with it, it takes the most skill!" "But anyone can get kills with it....." "Doesn't matter, it takes skill!"

Why is everyone saying that the hardest to play are those characters that everyone and their mothers are raping people with online?

Kung Lao isn't hard to play as, he is probably the easiest person to play as...

Sub Zero has a little steeper learning curve, but he isn't hard to play as...

You want to know the three most difficult people to play as?

Sheeva, Baraka, and Jax.

And that's because you actually have to work for their kills.

Seriously, this is Halo 3's Battle Rifle all over again: "Anyone can get kills with it, it takes the most skill!" "But anyone can get kills with it....." "Doesn't matter, it takes skill!"

The BR wasnt hard all you had to do was aim and shoot.Not hard lol.