Difficulty of each MK9 Character

The BR wasnt hard all you had to do was aim and shoot.Not hard lol.

Yeah, but try telling anyone who played "competatively" that, and it's

"Battle Rifle takes the most skill, that's why it's the standard weapon!"

Bunch of dumbasses....

Anyway, just pointing out that most of this is the same way...

Easy ass characters: Raiden, Nightwolf, Noob, Cyber Sub-Zero, Smoke, Kitana, Johnny Cage, Ermac, Scorpion, Kung Lao

If you're lazy, a tier-whore, a sore-loser or a complete scrubby noob, pick one of those.

Medium difficulty: Reptile, Liu Kang, Mileena, Kabal, Sub-Zero, Kano, Cyrax, Sektor, Quan Chi, Sheeva

Hardest to use/learn/master: Stryker, Baraka, Jax, Jade, Shang Tsung, Sonya, Sindel

I find it hard to play with Sub-Zero and Raiden IMO.Sub-Zero is too hard to land a combo cause hes slow.And Raiden is just to hard for me to learn.

as S-0 you shouldnt b trying to melee without zoning. Zone then melee, or counter using melee if possible. Also if you want to melee effectively, dont do long combos, just throw in simple BP, BP, then ice ball. from there u get a freeze and u can do a long combo. =D hope that helps.

Easy ass characters: Raiden, Nightwolf, Noob, Cyber Sub-Zero, Smoke, Kitana, Johnny Cage, Ermac, Scorpion, Kung Lao

If you're lazy, a tier-whore, a sore-loser or a complete scrubby noob, pick one of those.

Medium difficulty: Reptile, Liu Kang, Mileena, Kabal, Sub-Zero, Kano, Cyrax, Sektor, Quan Chi, Sheeva

Hardest to use/learn/master: Stryker, Baraka, Jax, Jade, Shang Tsung, Sonya, Sindel

i agree with your list. hahahahah i am a lazy, tier whore, noob so 3/4 of those qualities. I qualify for easy characters. I main Noob.

I cannot play as Liu Kang. During story mode I had to resort to spamming his flying dragon kick.

If I had to guess(Based on how easy it is to learn and spam their moves:

Scorpion-1
Smoke-1
Ermac-1
Noob-1
Kano-1
Raiden-2
Stryker-2
Sub zero-2
Sindel-2(Her moves are easy to learn if you try)
Cyrax-2
Kabal-2
Sektor-2
Johnny Cage-2
Nightwolf-2
Sonya-2
Kitana-2
Jade-3
Cyber sub zero-3
Mileena-3
Liu Kang-3
Quan chi-4
Shang tsung-4
Sheeva-4
Jax-4
Reptile-4
Kung lao-4
Baraka-4

Thats my personal list, but it differs from each person im guessing, so ya:p

I'm not seeing how Nightwolf is "Easy"

Every else in the list seems pretty much right on or near,is it because of the shoulder charge or something? I feel like his recovery time from moderately paced attacks is slow.

Not trying to defend him or anything I'm just curious.

I cannot do anything with Sindel, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, or Reptile. Those are the characters I have most difficulty with, the rest I can do at least 25% combos with.

I find Smoke to be one of the easiest in game. It differs from person to person though. Some people find Reptile easy, I find him difficult.

This thread is about how difficult their to fight against not how difficult to learn to use...

People really have trouble using Sindel? All her specials start with Down/Forward, and then ANY button. Her combos are easy enough to do, if you take 10 minutes to sit in Practice.

I'd say Baraka, Jax, Reptile, Sub-Zero, Sheeva, Cyrax, and Cyber Sub-Zero were the hardest for me. Most of it is them just not fitting the style I use, and part of it is just that their specials are just slow. Except Cyrax, who I have NEVER been able to use correctly.

I'm not seeing how Nightwolf is "Easy"
-Super lazy counter tech vs zoners.

-Easiest mixup conditionning with Shoulder + Lightning.

-Super ridiculous safe on block string with 1, 2, 2, 1 or anything ending with shoulder.

-Good easy traps with F3, 1, axe/shoulder.

-Great mixups with overhead that leads to launcher and 34%+ meterless damage.

-One of the best anti-airs in game (non-physical on top of being a juggle starter means it can't be break)

-Can get the opponent cornered in 3 seconds.

-Ex lighting is a launcher and hard to react to.

-Ex shoulder is overhead.

Doesn't take a genius or much skill to own with Nightwolf. He just has so much great tools he's almost auto-pilot. Of course at higher levels it's a different story. But overall he's still an easy ass character to learn and win with.

Last edited:
Hardest people to play as : Cyrax, Smoke, Baraka, and Johnny Cage (Kombos)

Easiest: Sonya, Kung Lao, Scorpion, Sub Zero, Raiden and Reptile

Middle: Liu Kang, Noob, Ermac, and Sektor

Damn, Vulcan used to covered in that salt.

Sektor is easy as hell to use. Massive damage and simple combos. Its a wonder why he isn't everywhere.

Baraka and Sheeva are my hardest to use mains. Just feels like I can't get shit done without a jip when I use them, moreso with Raka.

I think I've said it in here once. I think it's funny how Kratos is never included in these. BUT.....

Kratos -2.5, He's got high damage but is slow as all hell. Yeah he has the bow and fleece spam, his OP QTE's. But if you tried to use him fairly like "I did." Then I think he falls right in the middle.