Street Fighter X Tekken

Thats the difference between SSIV & SFxT though.

This game is actually fun, like really fun.
But only if you choose the right characters.
I'd stay away from the SF characters at first as they are very link heavy and pretty difficult to use if you're coming from MK.

I;d say some good starter characters would be Julia, Ogre, Kazuya (cheap) or Jin (cheap)

I don't Tier whore, plus it's not a challenge anymore if you use characters that aren't easy to figure out (expose/ Blow up)

I was looking at Lili and poison. Seen Chris Hu use them in Big 2 last week, from what I've seen both are solid characters.

That's what I'm afraid of TBH. I went through the same thing with MK9 but I tried it with SSFIVAE and I gave up. I don't want to spend 60 bucks and give up :(

PM me if you want to buy it from me for $30, I don't like this game at all, I actually enjoy playing SSF4 a lot more.

So what's everyone's favorite combos?

I gotsa go with my King on point, j mk, cr lk, cr mk, st hp tag launcher into Ogre, Demon Slayer cancel into Super Art, when they land l Owl's Hunt cross cancel into King for 2 rising knees into st hp cancel into Jaguar Bomb.

Does beastly damage.

Hmm for me its with poison ... (Corner) Cl.Hp xx EX Aeolus edge, cl.Hpxx EX Aeolus edge, cl. Hp xxEx Aeolus edge, Cl. hpxx kissed by a goddess.

ExAeolus edge, cl.Hp is a 1 frame link and it only does 513 damage with 3 meters, but it gets that salt flowing with scrubs, never used it against a good player.

Thanks man, not gunna lie I was kinda scared to click the link because of the name :laugh:

Use Juri she has all the tools you need. You can zone, rush and have some of the best anti airs in the game (300 damage of 1 anti air, cr.hp(J.C) j.Hp, Cl hpxx fireball store.) Beast corner game 400 dmg (corner combos with no meter) beast pokes ect.

For obce it seems character loyalty has paid off for me.

I don't think the game is really hard to get good at. All it take is learning/remembering your character move list, and practicing different combos with them. You can even get ideas just from doing trials with said characters and coming with stuff of your own. Learning move priority/frames help too. But none of this is hard to do really, which is why I don't really understand the trouble people is having. Only problem I'm having is sticking with a character, because after a while using said character just becomes boring. So I've been using different characters and trying to get a decent number to bounce back and forth from so hopefully I won't get too bored easily. At the moment I've been practicing with Heihachi, and he's a pretty fun/good character to use. And I never understood how could tier whores ever enjoy a fighting game. I don't even see the point in looking up tier list anymore.

I don't think the game is really hard to get good at. All it take is learning/remembering your character move list, and practicing different combos with them. You can even get ideas just from doing trials with said characters and coming with stuff of your own. Learning move priority/frames help too. But none of this is hard to do really, which is why I don't really understand the trouble people is having. Only problem I'm having is sticking with a character, because after a while using said character just becomes boring. So I've been using different characters and trying to get a decent number to bounce back and forth from so hopefully I won't get too bored easily. At the moment I've been practicing with Heihachi, and he's a pretty fun/good character to use. And I never understood how could tier whores ever enjoy a fighting game. I don't even see the point in looking up tier list anymore.

I agree that this game isn't hard to learn, you're wrong if you think combos = learning. You need to know the game and your character. If you go around trying to rush with Dhalsim, you'll probably get owned. If you jump around senselessly you will get anti-aired ect. Its great learning combos, but if you are in the situation that you can't use them because you didn't learn your fundamentals they're useless. A player with terrible fundamentals, but good combos will lose to a player with solid fundamentals and basic combos. Anyway you probably knew this but some people new to fighting games might read your post and think that they only need combos and tbh that isn't good for the community. We need as many good players and players learning properly as we can get.

Use Juri she has all the tools you need. You can zone, rush and have some of the best anti airs in the game (300 damage of 1 anti air, cr.hp(J.C) j.Hp, Cl hpxx fireball store.) Beast corner game 400 dmg (corner combos with no meter) beast pokes ect.

For obce it seems character loyalty has paid off for me.

I was watching some of those Elite Player replays last night on the Replay Channel, saw some Juris that made me shit my pants.
They were vicious, using that purple kick like it was nobody's business and that pinwheel kick to just annihilate their opponent's health.
Made me want to start using her lol.

Never speak of fighting games ever again ;)

Somebody has obviously never been caught by the infinite ;)
And I'm not sure why I put Jin, not sure what I was thinking last night.

Its great learning combos, but if you are in the situation that you can't use them because you didn't learn your fundamentals they're useless.

That was my problem early on in this game.
I could come up with amazing combos in training, but then I'd go online and wonder "why the **** my opponent wasn't standing still, and why are they blocking? They shouldn't be hitting me back!" Not literally of course, but pretty much that.

Good combos are only a third of a fighting game imo.
You also need good mobility and great defense.

I don't think the game is really hard to get good at. All it take is learning/remembering your character move list, and practicing different combos with them. Learning move priority/frames help too.
Thats the general idea fighting games. You forgot to mention the objective is to deplete the opponents life bar/gauge before the time runs, unless there is not time limit.

I was watching some of those Elite Player replays last night on the Replay Channel, saw some Juris that made me shit my pants.
They were vicious, using that purple kick like it was nobody's business and that pinwheel kick to just annihilate their opponent's health.
Made me want to start using her lol.

That was my problem early on in this game.
I could come up with amazing combos in training, but then I'd go online and wonder "why the **** my opponent wasn't standing still, and why are they blocking? They shouldn't be hitting me back!" Not literally of course, but pretty much that.

Good combos are only a third of a fighting game imo.
You also need good mobility and great defense.

Juri is so good, the only thing she lacks in is defense. I'm pretty average at this game & I can hold my own against some good players with her.

The importance of combos differs in different fighting games. For sfxt you can probably do well with a combo like Ryu's cr.mkxx Hadouken but it would be better to do a combo like say Ryu's cr.mp,cr.mp,crmk xx Ex donkey kick, j.Hp, H shoryuken For sfxt combos are probably like 1/10th of the game for like UMvC3 combos ARE probably like 1/3 of the game because if you don't kill them as quickly as possible it'll bite you in the ass. Thats probably why I don't play UMvC3 properly.

Sooooo, I just bought the game today for 59.99, No tax because I bought it at a Quantico Marine base. I'm sooo excited and can't wait to spend a couple of minutes in the Lab with Lili and Poison =D

I almost bought this game the other day.

Then I got 2 fortune cookies that told me to save my money.

So I'm delaying the purchase

Same here.

I'm waiting till it drops to $30 - $40, so I can buy the DiskLockedCharacters.

That way I would buy this at full retail price.