Street Fighter X Tekken

Close enough I guess

Now what about Guy? No I don't feel like Googling the shit and Wiki sites load up slow as shit in my computer so just tell me please

Guy was in like SF aphla 2

He's also in Final Fight. He's a ninja who upholds justice. So basically he's SF's Batman.

Cody is in Final Fight too. Once a promising hero of Metro City, he was thrown in jail for brutally beating up criminals as a vigilante

Just regular jin. None of the rest have been confirmed.

Thanks. I've seen the list, and it looks like Jin made the cut. I'm going to assume Cody and Guy are going to either make the cut (Since they appeared in the 2nd cinematic trailer) or they're going to be released as DLC.

The only thing that really pissing me off about this game is this
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-01-street-fighter-x-tekken-dlc-characters-leaked-report

First off say this is true(which most likely it is) why is Christie, Leo, Cody and Guy DLC? Why are they selling COLORS and GEMS? And why are they selling unlockables? If you suck so damn much til the point you can't unlock crap yourself and have to buy it you shouldn't play the game. Those characters should already be in the game especially since Cody and Guy been in videos a long time ago. Most likely I bet you all this stuff is already on the disk especially since it's all supposed to be dlc on first day the game comes out. The only thing I see worth getting(if anything) is the costume swap packs. Other then that Capcom are some *******s. What happened to DLC being extra stuff you release along the line, or stuff that you couldn't put in the game in time for release? Now developers just abuse the sh** and wonder why people don't feel bad for buying used games.

If you buy Gems you're horrible at the game, I have a feeling no one is going to turn gems on anyways. It takes away from the competitive side of the game if you ask me. I know everyone who buys the game is going to take it to the next level of competitive play but the majority will and they are the ones who will be left still playing after the casual players leave <_<

Well honestly I don't expect a capcom game(especially a vs game) to be competitive. But yeah, I rather make it as fun(and competitive) as possible so I wouldn't want to do that anyways. But Capcom is just abusing how they release DLC.

Well honestly I don't expect a capcom game(especially a vs game) to be competitive. But yeah, I rather make it as fun(and competitive) as possible so I wouldn't want to do that anyways. But Capcom is just abusing how they release DLC.

:laugh: Street fighter 4 (All versions) are played competitively I mean on a high level not just online, offline scenes everywhere in america and just because its a crossover doesn't mean I wouldn't appeal to the offline scene, look at Capcom v Marvel one of the best fighters out their with a awsome OFFLINE community.

If you buy Gems you're horrible at the game, I have a feeling no one is going to turn gems on anyways. It takes away from the competitive side of the game if you ask me. I know everyone who buys the game is going to take it to the next level of competitive play but the majority will and they are the ones who will be left still playing after the casual players leave <_<
I completely disagree with this. I dont see the gems as a crutch but as an additional layer to the play strategy. An example of using the gems strategicly would be equiping akuma with defensive gems to cover the weakness of his easily depleted life bar. Or equiping speed gems to ryu to help his base speed stat. Covering your characters weaknesses or increasing their best stats adds a lot to how you can set your teams up.

The inclusion of gems is a matter of character customization vs. balance. As much as I would like the ability to build your character in variety of ways, I can understand why some people have reservations. Normally, it's a match-up between individual characters, which is quite a task already, especially with larger rosters. Add customizations into the equation, the number of match-ups that need to be tested increase exponentially. Even the smallest changes can shift character balance, sometimes in ways that are not intended by developer. For example, Ryu equiped with a speed gem might have access to bigger combos that are not normally possible, giving him damage potential that exceeds equipping the power gem. Time is money when it comes to making game (or any commercial product for that matter), I doubt Capcom is going to delay the release date for the sake of balancing every possible character and gem combination.

Last edited:
:laugh: Street fighter 4 (All versions) are played competitively I mean on a high level not just online, offline scenes everywhere in america and just because its a crossover doesn't mean I wouldn't appeal to the offline scene, look at Capcom v Marvel one of the best fighters out their with a awsome OFFLINE community.

Just because it's "played" competitive doesn't mean anything. Sh*tty Marvel vs Capcom 2, and SF3 TS is played at a "high" levels. Dead or Alive Ultimate was played on a "high" level. Doesn't make it appeal to everyone and those games sure in the hell doesn't appeal to me when it comes to being competitive. Not compared to Tekken, VF and King of Fighters. I can even take MK more serious now than SF when it comes to what's competitive. Just because it has a scene doesn't mean sh**. All that take is a dedicated community.

Just because it's "played" competitive doesn't mean anything. Sh*tty Marvel vs Capcom 2, and SF3 TS is played at a "high" levels. Dead or Alive Ultimate was played on a "high" level. Doesn't make it appeal to everyone and those games sure in the hell doesn't appeal to me when it comes to being competitive. Not compared to Tekken, VF and King of Fighters. I can even take MK more serious now than SF when it comes to what's competitive. Just because it has a scene doesn't mean sh**. All that take is a dedicated community.

The offline community supports the game a lot more than the online community, they are the ones who really study the game and usually are the go to guys for info on game mechanics and strats, and without Brady ranting on TYM about specific things in the game we would have been stuck with a powerful Kung lao to deal with.

I'm not saying the competitive community is way superior to the online/ casual community but in the end that's all the player left after all the hype is gone.

Casuals make the money, competitive/ tourney players give the game a name.

I completely disagree with this. I dont see the gems as a crutch but as an additional layer to the play strategy. An example of using the gems strategicly would be equiping akuma with defensive gems to cover the weakness of his easily depleted life bar. Or equiping speed gems to ryu to help his base speed stat. Covering your characters weaknesses or increasing their best stats adds a lot to how you can set your teams up.

Exactly, you're building the perfect character. After a few months of the game being released people are going to find exploits or goto teams with specifics gems that would hard to fight against.

And like flawless said, then number of sub matchups would increase tremendously making certain a characters or teams a bish to handle <_<

Last edited: