Street Fighter X Tekken

DLC for SFXT >_<

Sooooo in typical Capcom fashion, with the release of Street Fighter X Tekken, Capcom has plans coming soon for Downloadable Content, or in this case, Disc Locked Content AMIRITE?!?!

Issue: from launch, you have 19 Street Fighter characters and 19 Tekken characters. While most of the DLC coming out is actually going to be FREE (I know, FREE DLC from Capcom?! Sweet Jesus) like 9 more gem packs, tourney support for gems, color packs for character customizations and a reallllly cool replay analyzer coming for the already robust Replay Channel, there's two things that will NOT be free. One I can understand cuz well, I don't really give a shit about =) Costumes. Costumes are coming out for every character for 80MP or I believe $1 a piece on PSN, or $13 bundle packs for the Street Fighters and Tekken characters each. There's an Alternate pack coming out, and a "Swap" pack that dresses each character like another from the the opposite franchise (Ex: Ken as Lars, Jin as C. Viper, Blanka as Hwoarang, etc etc.) So far that's 4 costumes packs each around $13 bucks, so thats already around $55. No problem, don't care, costumes are and always have been eye candy for people who are bored with normal costumes. That's not the problem. (Note: most of the free DLC has been confirmed as releasing on April 3rd, or this Tuesday on Live and PSN.)

HERE'S the issue. There's supposed to be 25 SF and Tekken characters off the disc at launch. Welllllll there kinda is. 6 more SF's and 6 more Tekken characters are present. On the disc. And locked out. Here's the thing: what pisses me off the most is not just that Capcom's gonna charge $20 to unlock them all (but is ********, nonetheless), its simply the fact that they're really cool and fun characters that are gonna be a BLAST to play with, but we don't have access to =/ on the Street Fighter side its: Dudley and Elena, Sakura and Blanka, Guy and Cody. Tekken is: Bryan and Jack, Christie and Lei, Lars and Alisa. Who else thinks this is an issue? Listen, I'm all for DLC and supporting developers after a game is released if I truly enjoy a game. And I'm LOVING SFXT. But seriously, this isn't DLC they are working on after the game hits shelves, this is content that was supposed to be included from the START. This is in no means a "DEATHTOCAPCOM, RANTRANTRANT" thread. I'm just putting in my two cents and irritation for the choices the development team made. Will I be downloading the fighters? Sure, the game is great and fighting games can always use more fighters, that's DLC that's worth it and makes sense (I'm looking at YOU, Infinity Ward with your $15 Crap Packs- er, Map Packs). Its just annoying that they could've clearly included them off launch, and if there was a problem with the fighters, they could always patch em' later on. Netherealm had the right idea and at least tried to make more fighters AFTER the game launched, which is why I bought them, no questions asked. But THIS, Capcom? You're silly. Then again, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition and ULTIMATE Marvel Vs Capcom 3 kinda spoke for themselves, didn't they? Who knows? Maybe we'll see a Street Fighter X Tekken: Extreme Assault Rainbow Blow-Job Edition -_-

Here's my question to you, TRMKers: Do you support DLC when its worth it? Or how far would you go to expose the limelight on the thin line that makes something Downloadable Content or "Disc Locked Content"?

Also, I said "this Tuesday" above. Lol Bison joke.

Re: DLC for SFXT >_<

Capcom sucks, this is fact

I support DLC,

FUK Disc locked content, I paid for the disc..nickel and diming me for every bit of content on that disc will make me go elsewhere; Its why I dont support Capcom anymore

Sometimes when I think from a different angle from the developers point of view, disc locked content may not be all that unfair. For example when the main game (excluding Dlc) is done and loaded into a disc, the cost plus profit per unit (i.e disc+main game) approximates to 60$. This is what we are actually paying for. Now the devs may also have half the dlc finished and thought it would be easier and cost effective to just load the work in progress into disc since there usually is a ton of space left and lock them so that when they release the DLC online, you just need to download the remaining work done on the dlc, which in turn would reduce download times for us as well. Going by this logic it does not seem all that unfair after all, considering the fact that when you buy the game you are buying the main game and not the dlc. Plus we are not 100% sure that the disc locked content are completed works.

Another thing I don't understand is that people buy the game for the given price and then feel cheated when they discover disc locked content, which they never even considered while determining whether to buy the game and if the game was fairly priced or not.

These are just different perspectives though, I still feel cheated regardless lol.

You know theres stuff on the MK disc that was intended to be playable, eg bosses, klassic characters ( like reptile with ice and spear like on MK1) and rumored Skarlett alt. Not supporting it, just saying.

What Dedamn said; even your favorite games are guilty of it. Its the nature of today's gaming business.

Anyway, of course I'm purchasing the SF x T DLC. The game is fantastic, and the extra characters are more than worth it. I'm not too crazy about the idea of paying for customization colors, but it is what it is.

As far as the costumes? Nobody is forcing you to purchase them. Stop complaining.

Last edited:

You know theres stuff on the MK disc that was intended to be playable, eg bosses, klassic characters ( like reptile with ice and spear like on MK1) and rumored Skarlett alt. Not supporting it, just saying.

Reptile is a hidden CPU battle in MK9, and "DLC Basemale" along with the other unfinished things don't particularly count.

Those who are mad have every right to complain. But the simplest solution is "don't buy it". I can unquestionably afford it, but refuse to make the purchase out of respect for the other people who are upset about it. That and I don't enjoy bending over, I guess. As much as I love NRS, it's the same reason I didn't buy Freddy - I felt the 360 guys who bought the Season Pass got kinda gypped after being ever-so-slightly mislead into a "deal" advertising four "Mortal Kombat" characters.

Also, props to RLK for posting my video about this in the general thread.

Reptile is a hidden CPU battle in MK9, and "DLC Basemale" along with the other unfinished things don't particularly count.

Also, props to RLK for posting my video about this in the general thread.
Yes but characters with full move sets that are unplayable just locked out are in MK. DLC base male doesnt, but a potentially playable MK1 Reptile Bosses etc do count. Its ******** having stuff on the disk locked out for no particular reason, if it there and in playable, working order we should be able to use it from the get go or do it the old fashioned way, complete arcade mode with every character

Yes but characters with full move sets that are unplayable just locked out are in MK. DLC base male doesnt, but a potentially playable MK1 Reptile Bosses etc do count. Its ******** having stuff on the disk locked out for no particular reason, if it there and in playable, working order we should be able to use it from the get go or do it the old fashioned way, complete arcade mode with every character

I just want NRS to hand over the alt costumes for the DLC characters they made ORIGINALLY for MK9. Seriously, that's like a kick in the balls to us console users and handing them over to the Vista players.

Imo what Capcom is doing is smart. It's going to make them much more money. Also I'll be able to use the dlc character against people who don't download the dlc characters. In mk9 it's some times very hard to play as Kenshi because people down download the packs. It's a win win imo. You might say you would be able to play as dlc character if they weren't dlc and we had them from day one. LOL that's a silly way to think because no matter business your running the goal is to make money. They'll make more money this way so I say have at it hoss. I like Capcom games so I want them to be susses full so we can get a Mega Man game in the near future.

I would pick stages over costumes any day, it adds more to the game. Trust me if they have stages as dlc idk why anyone would pass that up.

This game is pretty sick, but I HATE the dudebro relationship King and Marduk have.
Thats why I wanted Armor King to be his partner.
King would have been way more mature if his mentor was with him.

Now he's like "Yeah dude we have to kick their asses! Lets go man!"
And, just to be the annoying fanboy that I am, King's eyes move, which shouldn't happen at all.

But its still fun, even though Akuma is a beast at the end of arcade mode.
I got a perfect on Bison & Juri, now I'm getting manhandled by Akuma.

yeah,^^^^ dont worry though, they are releasing the first set of colors for free on tuesday april 3rd, plus a patch to fix the sound issues, it doesnt happens often but when it does it messes up your timing, they're also releasing the first pack of costumes not sure if its swaps or alts.