Street Fighter X Tekken

I have a massive question about this. If some of the DLC is free, than why the **** is it locked? Or is it the DLC that is not locked?

Capcom I don't understand you

@Empress oh those are all games. My bad I thought it only had movies in 3D:trollface:

"Juri and Zafina a combo that makes ur hands come 2gether 2 ur dick" -DBSFTekkenMKfan

image-1.png

Somewhere out there DBman is flipping his shit at the thought of Juri and Zafina together.

Honestly, I've stopped...
Hilary gets jealous...

I have a massive question about this. If some of the DLC is free, than why the **** is it locked? Or is it the DLC that is not locked?

Capcom I don't understand you

@Empress oh those are all games. My bad I thought it only had movies in 3D:trollface:

even though the free stuff is on disc It may not be complete. The Gems they have to hold back because of pre-orders promises.

Yes it is bad. Because some of the dlc characters where advertised as being playible in the the trailers. Which ever way you choose to be taken advantage of is your own business, but your lying to yourself if you think this is good business practice. Good business. is weather or not you keep your customers coming back and sooner or later you all will smarten up and see why this is wrong. $132 is $37 less then a 3Ds, and all of this is on the disk already. You're buying what you've already bought.

you can't rationalise it anyway you spin it, it's bull shit.

Lol it is great business practice I bet they are maximizing profits like never before that's why other game devs are going to do the same thing in the future. No one is going to smarten up, and in the off chance ppl do capcom will get them back. It maybe on disk but to be fair we don't know if it's 100% complete. Also you don't need every character costume to have the complete game they don't change the game play in the slightest. The way I "rationalize" this is that Capcom supports there games better than most. In order to continue supporting games 4 years after their launch Capcom needs money and they need to know that people are still interested. I like this game I want Capcom to continue to support it so I want Capcom to get more money for dlc on disc. If your a true fan of this game you would want it to rake in the moneys.

Surprised Terry Masters hasn't posted this on here yet. Here are his thoughts.

Ono doesn't make all of the shots and Capcom itself has been know for doing this. For example Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 both had an extra mode and character on the initial download that you had to pay for to unlock. I don't think it's fair to blame Ono when he could have been told by his employers to say something that turned into a lie. Also the 10 million version of sf4 improved the game greatly. that video of Ono is so0o0o0o0o0o0o old it's irrelevant they have obviously changed their business model.

here's all of the stuff we are getting post launch for this game. FREE
Nine new gem packs totaling 60+ new gems ~ pre-order bonuses for free wow that's awesome, I wish MK9 did that.
Replay analyzer ~ That's sweet they're are updating a feature in the game they deem incomplete. That's really cool.
Tournament support for gem selection ~ Wow they supporting the hardcore competitive fighting game scene.
Three new quick combo pre-sets ~ I don't use these but cool.
Three additional gem loadout slots ~ That's sweet because I want more than 2 now there will be 5.
Three new color packs with four colors each ~ That's awesome because I was having a hard time making my character look cool with only two colors black and white.
PAID
Swap Costumes – $1.00 (80 MSP) each or in two $13.00 (1040 MSP) Street Fighter and/or Tekken packs ~ you don't have to buy these and keep in mind they haven't announced the price for the second set of costumes.
DLC characters – $20.00 (1600 MSP) for all 12 new fighters ~ 12 for $20 what a great price.

We could look at the positives but whats the fun in that?!

If they are maximising profits why are they losing tons of money. What support are they offering? When they continuously lie to your faces. Now I'm not saying it's a bad game at all, I'm sure it's great for the husk that it is.
I see nothing here to be proud of, all see blind a fanboy trying to rationalise being taken advantage of by a company that doesn't care enough about it's fan base to include characters in the game that advertised as being in the game. Cody and Guy, what happened to them? They where there with Poison and Hugo. I may be a fanboy of a game that was made by a huge dick but at least he delivered a complete product.

They're offering a Replay analyzer, Tournament support for gem selection, and they're fixing glitches. Just because Cody and Guy were in a trailer doesn't mean they have to be in the game they were just teased at. I'm not a fan boy this is my second street fighter game and my first tekken game and I rarely played AE. I'm only a fan boy of MK and Oddworld =P. I'm not being taken advantage of I am being a consumer. If a consumer wants something they will weigh the pros and cons and decide if they should buy it or not. If the consumer doesn't buy it then it wasn't worth the price to them. If the consumer wants something that they feel they are entitled to and are too stubborn to pay for it then that is there loss.

I'm sorry but I think a game with the Gem System, Pandora Mode, Scramble mode, cross assaults, cross arts, alpha counters, great online, new tag combat mechanics, amazing customization options, 38 characters, a great training mode, mission mode, trails, a way to save and organize online fights, 17 endings, chargeable/delay-able attacks that can be charged into meterless ex or supers, switch cancels, 2vs2 options, quick combos, and chain combos is a VERY COMPLETE product.

I guess Haggar should be in the game too then?

at the end of the video Cody says " Looks like we missed the fun." I guess what he means to say is " It looks like we missed the final cut of the game and people will have to pay for us now since we were late."=P

Last edited:
It's not a complete product when you have to pay for the bulk of the game that you've already purchased.
We are not entitled to anything, but we are allowed to have a game that is complete when put out on the market. If people are stubborn then they usually have a good reason to be. like paying $72 for dlc characters (and what not) that's already been boughten once, you're buying the game twice plus $13, for nothing more then what was promised to you by the developers. when one of the dev at E3 said themselves that they weren't gonna do this again, low and behold look's like they pretty much lied again. So tell me how is this okay?

If you let them put incomplete products out to you the then that's your choice, but fyi they're not fixing bugs or the balancing issues or the local 2v2 mode the 360. So it seems to me, like in a few months we'll be seeing an ultimate version of SfXTekken.

It's not a complete product when you have to pay for the bulk of the game that you've already purchased.
We are not entitled to anything, but we are allowed to have a game that is complete when put out on the market. If people are stubborn then they usually have a good reason to be. like paying $72 for dlc characters (and what not) that's already been boughten once, you're buying the game twice plus $13, for nothing more then what was promised to you by the developers. when one of the dev at E3 said themselves that they weren't gonna do this again, low and behold look's like they pretty much lied again. So tell me how is this okay?

If you let them put incomplete products out to you the then that's your choice, but fyi they're not fixing bugs or the balancing issues or the local 2v2 mode the 360. So it seems to me, like in a few months we'll be seeing an ultimate version of SfXTekken.

fyi they are fixing bugs proof . Also the game is WAY to young to start making balancing patches. the offline 2v2 for xbox is not getting fixed your right about that but imo it's not that big of a deal they have a good reason for it.

When did the devs promise 50 characters link please? They didn't promise free costumes. Your not buying the same game twice your buying extra content for the game.

This game is very complete it offers so much. It could offer more but they decided to take the opportunity to make more money to insure it would be in their best interest to continue supporting the game.

the game is complete imo also imo this conversation is going no where we are both saying the same thing over and over and are not convincing the other. This conversation is pointless your not going to listen to me because you think your right and I'm not going to listen to you because I think I'm right. So lets just agree to disagree.

Imo the game is more complete then many other fighting games.

I found this.

SSF4 AE being a retail and DLC release worked out well for Capcom, so they'll look to do the same thing for SFxT in the future, if they go that route. Balance patches are possible. If there's a big content package with the balance stuff, they may or may not charge for it.

Then at a later dat go on to say this.

"More specifics regarding pricing, dates and other additional exciting DLC plans for Street Fighter x Tekken will be shared at a later date. As a reminder, the retail version of the game will be the only disc-based version consumers will need to own and all future upgrades will come from post-launch DLC.”

even capcom don't know what they're gonna do. lol
http://www.videogamesinteractive.com/2012/03/capcom-issue-weak-response-regarding-on.html
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/23/street-fighter-x-tekkens-roster-about-half-way-revealed/

It's our fault that it's like this. Ahahahaha.

It's time for one of Love Cowboy's epic multi-response posts

Surprised Terry Masters hasn't posted this on here yet. Here are his thoughts.

I underestimated that guy
******slaps*

I guess I had it coming
Honestly, I've stopped...
Hilary gets jealous...

*no comment/poker face*

even though the free stuff is on disc It may not be complete. The Gems they have to hold back because of pre-orders promises.

oh. Makes sense. At leats everyone has a chance of getting them, but it sucked for me when I pre-ordered MK9 and got a klassic skin, and I felt ripped off when it became available for download again

If they are maximising profits why are they losing tons of money. What support are they offering? When they continuously lie to your faces. Now I'm not saying it's a bad game at all, I'm sure it's great for the husk that it is.
I see nothing here to be proud of, all see blind a fanboy trying to rationalise being taken advantage of by a company that doesn't care enough about it's fan base to include characters in the game that advertised as being in the game. Cody and Guy, what happened to them? They where there with Poison and Hugo. I may be a fanboy of a game that was made by a huge dick but at least he delivered a complete product.

the trailer wasn't centerred around them like everyone else's
I guess Haggar should be in the game too then?

at the end of the video Cody says " Looks like we missed the fun." I guess what he means to say is " It looks like we missed the final cut of the game and people will have to pay for us now since we were late."=P

I would love it if Haggar was in this as a playable character and not just a cameo, and that last part is a mind blowing way to look at it

wether this game is good or not, it definitely is not complete. At least not yet
fyi they are fixing bugs proof . Also the game is WAY to young to start making balancing patches. the offline 2v2 for xbox is not getting fixed your right about that but imo it's not that big of a deal they have a good reason for it.

When did the devs promise 50 characters link please? They didn't promise free costumes. Your not buying the same game twice your buying extra content for the game.

This game is very complete it offers so much. It could offer more but they decided to take the opportunity to make more money to insure it would be in their best interest to continue supporting the game.

the game is complete imo also imo this conversation is going no where we are both saying the same thing over and over and are not convincing the other. This conversation is pointless your not going to listen to me because you think your right and I'm not going to listen to you because I think I'm right. So lets just agree to disagree.

Imo the game is more complete then many other fighting games.

this game is more complete than most games but it still feels like it needs more to make me satisfied, I mainly care about the DLC though, and I hope the online really does get fixed unlike MK9 after a patch

/post

It's time for one of Love Cowboy's epic multi-response posts

Yes, it is.

I underestimated that guy

As did I

I guess I had it coming

darn right trololol

*no comment/poker face*

you're better than that

oh. Makes sense. At leats everyone has a chance of getting them, but it sucked for me when I pre-ordered MK9 and got a klassic skin, and I felt ripped off when it became available for download again

that's how they make their money, big guy.

the trailer wasn't centerred around them like everyone else's

O RLY?

I would love it if Haggar was in this as a playable character and not just a cameo, and that last part is a mind blowing way to look at it

Yes... mind blowing indeed.

wether this game is good or not, it definitely is not complete. At least not yet

I concur. Actually, I have no idea what you're talking about.

this game is more complete than most games but it still feels like it needs more to make me satisfied, I mainly care about the DLC though, and I hope the online really does get fixed unlike MK9 after a patch

Why must you be so hard to satisfy, Havok?

I never said it was a bad game. I'm hating on capcom not SFXTekken.

Then you should make or find a Capcom thread and stay away from the SFXTekken thread Kappa. =P

Who do you guy's play as? I've been playing as Guile Abel and Vega Kuma.

Then you should make or find a Capcom thread and stay away from the SFXTekken thread Kappa. =P

It would still be related to SFXTekken, because it not SFXTekken it's self, it is the way Capcom chose to handle the game and it's dlc. I'd rather not flood the forums with threads when the issue I have pertains to this topic. Kupo. :p

Anyway if I had picked up this game Ken and mah boi Murdok would have been my team. Kupo. lolololol

Last edited:

Who do you guy's play as? I've been playing as Guile Abel and Vega Kuma.

My mains are Lili,julia,Akuma and ogre. It sux cause I only played it for the first week then my blu-ray died on me, ii should hav it fixed on friday ,but in that time I was doing really good with Lili and akuma, I think I'm gonna drop juri because my fav thing about her was her second ultra where she activates her eye and goes hyper mode but she doesn't have it in this game.