Street Fighter X Tekken

If you can't adequately play a game online in this era of video gaming, then there's a huge problem with the game. It took over three months to fix it. It doesn't matter how good the offline play was. If your game can't translate smoothly to online play, then you have failed in a market where online gaming is the dominant feature of today's video gaming. That's not an opinion, that's reality.

Today's Online gaming was yesterday's Arcade. Both are/were equally important to the market.

:laugh: Wow, Like you said it was fixed (Even though you had a few bad games here and there) So why still complain? No game is going to perfect and what about the people who can't play online? Did the market failed them by having fun playing with there friends from time to time?

Right now, the online play is plagued with sound issues. The sound is very inconsistent.

Lag isn't that bad, depending on the connections of your opponent. Needless to say, Capcom needs to address the sound issues.

Otherwise, the game will appeal to casual players, as much as it will appeal to longtime fans. The gameplay is nowhere near and deep and complicated as SSFIV (which is a masterpiece), but there's still a lot of techniques that come into play. Casual fans won't have any problem picking it up.

Ogre and Akuma are already unlocked. No unlocking required.

Of course T x SF won't have any on-the-disc DLC. They won't have any DLC, period. Remember Tekken 6? No DLC whatsoever, save for a few promo videos and a crappy dashboard theme. If that's what you want, then right on. But, I like having active DLC, be it a variety of themes, new costumes or even new characters.

Also, you are all getting outraged just to get outraged. Remember the 90s? There were 4-5 different cartridges for Street Fighter 2, because there was no such thing as DLC back in the day. Its not like DLC changes the entire course of Capcom's history; they have historically offered constant updates to their games. The only difference is that you can download the updates, unless its a complete revamp of the game (in this case, SSFIV was a big upgrade over SFIV). I guarantee some of you getting outraged over Capcom were the same types who were making excuses when Team MK failed miserably with Mortal Kombat and MKAK, which were two awfully glitchy and laggy products.

Most importantly, Capcom isn't forcing you to purchase the DLC, or even their games. Stop complaining, and stop hating.

But, back to the actual topic. Am I the only SF X T player, or has anyone else picked up this game? Who are your teams? For the SF side, I go with Cammy and Poison. For Tekken, I go with Raven and Hwoarang.

Thanks I remember awhile back there were reports that they had to be unlocked, but I haven't really did much research on it.

I don't have a problem with DownLoadable Content, in fact I support it, but when the content is already on the disc I don't see the need to pay for it.

Which is why I haven't payed for the Gears of War 3 skins, except for 2 of them.

I'm also going to pick this game up at a later time.

Tekken x Street Fighter is supposed to come out in 1 or 2 years.

And I played Street Fighter x Tekken yesterday. It's pretty fun, but we only had one controller. I liked using Jin, Kazuya, Yoshimitsu, and Akuma. Still, I'm pretty pissed Capcom plans to release all that DLC, which is already on the disk.

Ogre and Akuma are already unlocked. No unlocking required.

Of course T x SF won't have any on-the-disc DLC. They won't have any DLC, period. Remember Tekken 6? No DLC whatsoever, save for a few promo videos and a crappy dashboard theme. If that's what you want, then right on. But, I like having active DLC, be it a variety of themes, new costumes or even new characters.

Also, you are all getting outraged just to get outraged. Remember the 90s? There were 4-5 different cartridges for Street Fighter 2, because there was no such thing as DLC back in the day. Its not like DLC changes the entire course of Capcom's history; they have historically offered constant updates to their games. The only difference is that you can download the updates, unless its a complete revamp of the game (in this case, SSFIV was a big upgrade over SFIV). I guarantee some of you getting outraged over Capcom were the same types who were making excuses when Team MK failed miserably with Mortal Kombat and MKAK, which were two awfully glitchy and laggy products.

Most importantly, Capcom isn't forcing you to purchase the DLC, or even their games. Stop complaining, and stop hating.

But, back to the actual topic. Am I the only SF X T player, or has anyone else picked up this game? Who are your teams? For the SF side, I go with Cammy and Poison. For Tekken, I go with Raven and Hwoarang.

the thing people are raging about went right over your head.

No one is complaining about DLC, nor are they complaining about about updated versions.

What they are complaining is when you have DLC ALREADY on the disc, and ready to play. You have to pay money to unlock them. DLC is extra because it's work the company is doing on the game AFTER release. I shouldn't be paying them money after relase on something they did pre-release that should be with the game.

Everyone here is cool with DLC, when it's ACTUALLY Downloadable content. not Disc Locked Content.

It's like you're being sold a cake. It has ice cream inside of the cake, but you're not allowed to eat that ice cream, all you get is bread and icing. you have to pay money online to break a barrier so you can eat the ice cream.

It's alright though.. if you buy a cake... then they come out and created some delicious sweet thing (That's new after you bought the cake) you can put on it. But you already bought the cake before these things. So you gotta go buy them seperate.

And when it comes to "versions" NO one cares if they make more versions.

WHAT THEY DO CARE ABOUT, is when they come out with a new version, rendering the old one 100% useless in the sense you can't play online let alone play with anyone who updates.

MK9 is not a failure. What a random point that holds no merit. Online could be better, but it's definitely not bad enough to be considered garbage.

Last edited:
Also, I don't want to hear another word about Capcom's business practices. Four words: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition. At least Super Street Fighter IV was $40 upon release, and it was a completely different game, especially when compared to SFIV's $60 price tag. Team MK wants the same price for the "Komplete Edition" as they wanted for the original version.

it was the exact same game what world do you live on? They are cheap ass holes that do this with every street fighter game and will most likely go back on their word. They only care about their customers money. I really wanted this game but like mvc3 i'll will pick it up when it's 20 bucks.

Last edited:
it was the exact same game what world do you live on? They are cheap ass holes that do this with every street fighter game and will most likely go back on their word. They only care about their customers money. I really wanted this game but like mvc3 i'll will pick it up when it's 20 bucks.

Capcom's business practices are underhanded, but to say Super and Vanilla are the exact same game is where you are wrong. More than 10 additional characters were added, replay channel, new arenas, inclusion bonus stages, and balance-related changes.

super street fighter added alot to SFIV....
Ultimate MVC3 just Proved how Bare bones and incomplete MVC3 was...

Im not even going to begin on Komplete edition, b/c some ppl still dont understand the GOTY edition concept

Capcom's business practices are underhanded, but to say Super and Vanilla are the exact same game is where you are wrong. More than 10 additional characters were added, replay channel, new arenas, inclusion bonus stages, and balance-related changes.

Thats still not a whole new game.

New modes and a few new dlc characters could have all been patched/ downloaded through the consoles respected store, that doesn't mean it's a new game. It means they added what should have been there to begin with.
It's like saying the vita version of MK isn't a port of the ps3 version it's the exact same game but with a few tweeks graphically, 15 new costumes, 4 new characters, a new mode and with added touch screen. It's still the same just repackaged for re-release.

Thats still not a whole new game.

New modes and a few new dlc characters could have all been patched/ downloaded through the consoles respected store, that doesn't mean it's a new game. It means they added what should have been there to begin with.

A few new characters is a gross understatement. To break it down for you, there are 14 new characters in Super. Vanilla has 19 characters in the console versions. That is about 70% difference in roster size. It's rare that fighting games have more than 4 additional characters per sequel. If the cost for dlc character is $5 like MK9, that would amount to $70, well over the price of a new game console game in the United States. This not even taking into account a any of the other new content in the game.

It's like saying the vita version of MK isn't a port of the ps3 version it's the exact same game but with a few tweeks graphically, 15 new costumes, 4 new characters, a new mode and with added touch screen. It's still the same just repackaged for re-release.

Way to completely ignore the fact that 4 new characters were already available in MK9 as dlc.

Last edited:
A few new characters a gross understatement. To break it down for you, there are 14 new characters in Super. Vanilla has 19 characters in the console versions. That is about 70% difference in roster size. It's rare that fighting games have more than 4 additional characters per sequel. If the cost for dlc character is $5 like MK9, that would amount to $70, well over the price of a new game console game in the United States. This not even taking into account a any of the other new content in the game.

Way to completely ignore the fact that 4 new characters were already available in MK9 as dlc.

I didn't ignore anything. you ignored all the other examples I gave and went straight to that. You seem to be ignoring the facts to make your point more valid. The point is they both are the exact same vanilla game with a few new things/ tweeks added to get more money from the consumer.

I didn't ignore anything. you ignored all the other examples I gave and went straight to that. You seem to be ignoring the facts to make your point more valid. The point is they both are the exact same vanilla game with a few new things/ tweeks added to get more money from the consumer.

The reason why I focused on characters is because they are biggest draw of fighting games, second only to system changes. Considering the amount content given in Super, they could have made more money on DLC. The number of characters alone would exceed the cost of a game if they were priced at $5, without incurring the cost printing and distributing discs to boot. Between a $40 game or $70 worth of dlC, I'll take the former.

The other examples you provided had little significance to the meat of the game. Costumes do are purely aesthetic changes that don't do any to change the game. As I said earlier, the four additional characters were already available in PS3/X360 long before the Vita Edition. Touch screen doesn't change the core game. New mode is questionable.

Last edited:
I really don't care. I offered the same examples you did (except for the costumes) 2 new game editions, new characters, game tweeks. and if you wanna get technical capcom charges 5 dollars for costumes alone. So using your logic that in itself makes it a new game excluding everything else.

you can add new tires to an old car still won't make it a new car.

Last edited:
I really don't care. I offered the same examples you did (except for the costumes) 2 new game editions, new characters, game tweeks. and if you wanna get technical capcom charges 5 dollars for costumes alone. So using your logic that in itself makes it a new game excluding everything else.

you can add new tires to an old car still won't make it a new car.

Apparently, you cared enough to respond. So what qualifies as a sequel or least a different game? Because so far I have not anything substantiated from your side. I honestly don't see how costumes have to do anything with this argument.

The car analogy is weak. New tires are placed in a car for maintenance, it's not a a means of upgrading or adding function to a car.

Last edited:
Apparently, you cared enough to respond. So what qualifies as a sequel? Because so far I have not anything substantiated from your side. I honestly, don't see how costumes have to do anything with this argument.

it's content that wasn't on the game before the vita version. What's not to get? you gave examples and I gave the same examples and then some. the fact of the matter is they're not new games. They're old games with new add ons/content. Sense street fighter doesn't do stories or new character models or new game modes, Then an overall improvement on it's fighting system might make it new.