Street Fighter X Tekken

The offline community supports the game a lot more than the online community, they are the ones who really study the game and usually are the go to guys for info on game mechanics and strats, and without Brady ranting on TYM about specific things in the game we would have been stuck with a powerful Kung lao to deal with.

I'm not saying the competitive community is way superior to the online/ casual community but in the end that's all the player left after all the hype is gone.

Casuals make the money, competitive/ tourney players give the game a name.

I wasn't talking about offline community vs online community.

But since we're on this topic the problem with the online vs offline thing is that Online isn't 100% stable. There are always an issue with onilne and so the offline community...well stay offline. But the offline community isn't really as strong everywhere since casual gamers comes in more pack than the hardcore. In the end money talks and the casual is why the games are made. I mean even if casuals stopped buying them the hardcore community wouldn't be able to save it without the casual community. SF is a big name within itself and Capcom know this, and everyone knows SF isn't as COMPETITIVE as it used to be. Which is why there was a lot of talk about this back when SF4 first came out.

Anyways my original point was I wasn't saying Capcom fighting games aren't competitive(outside of versus games) although I think they lost there touch compared to older games. But VS games I can't take serious. I mean maybe SF X Tekken MIGHT be different since it's SF put up against a fighter like Tekken, but considering how they have to change the Tekken characters to fit in the SF universe I doubt it. Every vs game so far seem to have a balance issue, and this one may not be any different. Just seems like a corporate plot to bring in more fans.

But whenever I pick a fighter I choose to be competitive in it would be Tekken, VF, MK, or KOF.

I wasn't talking about offline community vs online community.

But since we're on this topic the problem with the online vs offline thing is that Online isn't 100% stable. There are always an issue with onilne and so the offline community...well stay offline. But the offline community isn't really as strong everywhere since casual gamers comes in more pack than the hardcore. In the end money talks and the casual is why the games are made. I mean even if casuals stopped buying them the hardcore community wouldn't be able to save it without the casual community. SF is a big name within itself and Capcom know this, and everyone knows SF isn't as COMPETITIVE as it used to be. Which is why there was a lot of talk about this back when SF4 first came out.

Anyways my original point was I wasn't saying Capcom fighting games aren't competitive(outside of versus games) although I think they lost there touch compared to older games. But VS games I can't take serious. I mean maybe SF X Tekken MIGHT be different since it's SF put up against a fighter like Tekken, but considering how they have to change the Tekken characters to fit in the SF universe I doubt it. Every vs game so far seem to have a balance issue, and this one may not be any different. Just seems like a corporate plot to bring in more fans.

But whenever I pick a fighter I choose to be competitive in it would be Tekken, VF, MK, or KOF.

I agree, most of Capcom's competitive games are fighters because that's what they're known for, and there is no perfect fighting game once players get their hands on the final copy they start to exploit and dig knowledge on each character and their tag partner thus finding resets, frametraps, mix ups, Jail strings, unblockables, infinites etc. Yea they could patch them, but it would take away from the game.

And like you said in the offline vs online, with out the casuals the game would die. This is Capcom's attempt to increase the casual fanbase from both the tekken side and SF side.

Why can't you take any fighter seriously? :laugh:

the online players do just as much for the community. It's just more apparent with the offline because they are able to do it in person. Tom brady ugh... he didn't get lao nerfed for the community he did It because he couldn't beat him. J/K I don't know why he did It.

Empress has a point though, You can't really compare the two without taking into account the online issues. You can really say they study the game more because you haven't played every online player in the world.
Just because you contribute to Tym don't mean you know any more then the person/s that read the thread. sorry Ivital the offline or "tournament players" don't even make up half of the fanbase of any game let alone the fighting game.

The casual player is what supplies the majority of the revenue it sucks but thats how it is. so if you look at it that way they do more. I hate how capcom handles their dlc also It makes me want to skip the game altogether. I am mainly an single game player a side from Mk so I may not know.

Last edited:
the online players do just as much for the community. It's just more apparent with the offline because they are able to do it in person. Tom brady ugh... he didn't get lao nerfed for the community he did It because he couldn't beat him. J/K I don't know why he did It.

Empress has a point though, You can't really compare the two without taking into account the online issues. You can really say they study the game more because you haven't played every online player in the world.
Just because you contribute to Tym don't mean you know any more then the person/s that read the thread. sorry Ivital the offline or "tournament players" don't even make up half of the fanbase of any game let alone the fighting game.

The casual player is what supplies the majority of the revenue it sucks but thats how it is. so if you look at it that way without they do more. I hate how capcom handles their dlc makes me want to skip the game altogether.

I'm not saying that the online community doesn't contribute at all, but you see the offline players giving the game a name. When Justin Wong won the first MK major (PDP) it was all over IGN, Youtube, TYM and I'm not sure about this site, and that really influenced me to step my game up and not quit.

I know this already(Bold part) but when you look for key info you would start with words from a pro or above the average player, because they should know most of the match ups and basic knowledge of the game. and of course the tournament scene doesn't make up half of the community, they're the minority who took the game to the next level and I said that casuals make the money like 5 times already <_< And I agree it sucks that casuals get hyped and leave instead of staying dedicated. I also agree on the DLC part, people are lazy now days and want the easy way out.

sorry I didn't see the money part.

I hate dlc for games now it's ruining gaming. cutting games stories short, shelling games, cutting characters and so on it's getting ridiculous. And the onlie pass with every game now. When will it stop.

I agree, most of Capcom's competitive games are fighters because that's what they're known for, and there is no perfect fighting game once players get their hands on the final copy they start to exploit and dig knowledge on each character and their tag partner thus finding resets, frametraps, mix ups, Jail strings, unblockables, infinites etc. Yea they could patch them, but it would take away from the game.

And like you said in the offline vs online, with out the casuals the game would die. This is Capcom's attempt to increase the casual fanbase from both the tekken side and SF side.

Why can't you take any fighter seriously? :laugh:

Well one reason is like you said before. Most people that play online are casual. Capcom KNOWS this. That is why SF is more "user" friendly than it used to be. It's a way to take in more casual gamers because they contribute to the online side of things, and the more the better, right? So when you play fighters online that's all you run into. You're not going to run into many "good" players online and it's obvious majority of players aren't going to participate in the online scene. Tournament players only play offline, but the reason they don't make up majority of the community is because majority of the community are casual players who play games for the simple side of things. Not to mention a lot of online gamers are lazy and doesn't want to go further then there kitchen. Tournament traveling that you have to do now in days especially now since the arcade scene is dead cost a lot of time and money. Time and money most gamers don't care to contribute. Not to mention a lot of the time(especially now in days) with the fighting communities constant *****ing and moaning they don't give new gamers enough reasons to WANT to participate. I used to be part of the fighting game community and actually used to travel to tournaments. I've actually met Tom Brady(don't care if he cares or not) and I can't stand the guy. I just threw that last part in for kicks. XD

None of this really has nothing to do with the community. It's the gaming industry and capcom themselves. Fighters aren't on top of there game like they used to be. Especially since the arcade scene died. Capcom became a lot more mainstream with the community because in the end you go where the money go. All there developers that made them what they are is gone. So they're just going by the book now. It's all business and nothing else.

so did yall know that once you activate pandora mod, and you don't beat your opponent in 10 seconds than you loose the match

Does anyone have Super Street Fighter 4 on Xbox here and plays casually?

Cause I'd love to have some friendly matches and I don't know a single combo lol so it's all just good fun.

<---------- Gamertag

348af366a83730f92f0dc9c84e9865eb.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^Thats the current select screen with Jap and Engl speaking characters (you can keep it that way[default] or change it to one or the other)

They have these awesome cut scene of special tag partners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

find more here