Street Fighter X Tekken

Icon over Vendetta?
I can't agree with that. Ven was badass with the side characters like Moses. Funniest character in the series.

This is why BBBLP is my SFXT tag team partner right here.
Also:

Tell me that some of those don't make you cringe

I think since I played Fight for NY first, I was really loving the arenas.

Then I went and played Vendetta and I hated that every venue was a wrestling ring. It really shot down variety.

Icon has some creative arenas and environmental attacks. The turntable system is awesome as well.

It's just that the combat is so slow, simple, and sluggish. It's a pure button masher. The blocking and reversal system sucks as well.

Exactly why Icon can't stand up to Vendetta or Fight for NY.

Older games had you f!cking around while this new game is slow and dumb. Planting someone's asses and hitting they genitals sounds better than X,Y,X,Y,A,B,A,Y constantly

Exactly why Icon can't stand up to Vendetta or Fight for NY.

Older games had you f!cking around while this new game is slow and dumb. Planting someone's asses and hitting they genitals sounds better than X,Y,X,Y,A,B,A,Y constantly

Lol you forgot the "advanced" moves with the right stick :rolleyes:

This is now the Def jam thread, hopefully now it will get some actual use.

Words cannot describe how hype I was for Icon. Keep in mind at the time I didn't have the internet, and only went by the screens I saw in GameInformer. Then one day I actually watch some gameplay on BET (lol) and I actually felt my heart sink. It looked god awful. I cannot stand slow fighters. Thats why I hate Wrestling games and why MK4 is my favorite Mortal Kombat. That shit made me sick to my stomach. Go to hell Def Jam team.

This is now the Def jam thread, hopefully now it will get some actual use.

Words cannot describe how hype I was for Icon. Keep in mind at the time I didn't have the internet, and only went by the screens I saw in GameInformer. Then one day I actually watch some gameplay on BET (lol) and I actually felt my heart sink. It looked god awful. I cannot stand slow fighters. Thats why I hate Wrestling games and why MK4 is my favorite Mortal Kombat. That shit made me sick to my stomach. Go to hell Def Jam team.

Well there is a BET stage in Icon lol.

I just figured I'd pick it up since it's only 10 bucks. It's worth keeping for laughs offline with friends but worth no more than 15-20 if you're playing alone.

It's stupid because I feel they were trying to make the fighting realistic.

T.I. is still doing backflips in heavy winter clothes and I'm shaking the Earth with invisible turntables so I don't see why that was necessary.

Turntables was when you knock someone into the wall and make it explode right?

Turntables allow you to perform environmental attacks and they can change the music.

If your song is playing, you do more damage.

It was a pretty creative idea. If the hand to hand fighting was better, it could have surpassed Fight for NY.

If they made that into a combo system, A,B turntables, A,B, that would have been awesome

It just sucks that the environmental attacks usually follow up Grab--->Throw which is the most extremely generic grabbing and throwing animation in history, lol.

And the grab is so slow that you can easily just be punched out of it so there is no timing. You just need to be lucky enough to land it.