Street Fighter X Tekken

I wont... Yung, I can manage meter :laugh:

Plus, it would be dumb to use EX dive kicks just to get in. Lili has a dodge move and it can lead into a mix-up but it's not damaging though. Then Cammy has her quick mobility to move around the stage.

I love reading so you're good Vital :laugh:

I remember when I was little playing UMK3 with my brother and he'd beat the crap outta me with Noob; I'd get frustrated and called him a spammer. He told me to find a way to beat it instead of crying about it, so I found a way by practicing with a character that I liked (Stryker :love:) rather than just jump kicking and stuff.

Like you said Vital, no one is gonna play to impress you; they're playing to win, and they'll use anything they can get, no matter how dirty or cheap it may be. Using Yung's example with Raven's throwing stars, I used to hate playing Ravens, since my current team (Paul x Marduk) does all their damage up close. After experimenting and watching other Paul's, I found out timing one of Paul's special moves could help me avoid projectiles entirely.

To me, learning a game is almost as fun as playing it, since you know what's going on around you and you can adjust accordingly.(Though I still don't like reading frame data >_>) lol

On a side note, I gotta start playing MK9 more again; I was playing it a lot until it got stuck in my friend's PS3; I didn't get it out till like 5 months later lol.

mkray i hate reading frame data too

*Looks around for Critical* I think that's the number one problem with SFXT. People do not that the time to learn it

mkray i hate reading frame data too

*Looks around for Critical* I think that's the number one problem with SFXT. People do not that the time to learn it

Math scares me, so when I start seeing numbers that have plus or minus beside them, I freak out :rofl:

Yeah, I agree, people don't take time to learn, yet they scream for nerfs instead of learning to overcome things.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are things that should be nerfed, but sometimes people just don't wanna learn how to adjust.

One example, in UMVC3, people were saying Darkstalker characters were maximum booty butt cheeks. ChrisG comes up with that Astral Visual (I think thats the name of it) into Soul fist cheese and people start saying "Morrigans OP!" or "Nerf Morrigan!" just because one player finds something that works (its cheap yeah, but its not as easy as he makes it look lol); if anything just nerf getting meter during AP, but don't nerf the whole character.

Ok I'm done complaining :laugh:

I think....

Dudebros... Frame data. It's not essential, but it's not bad to have in your head. People thought Sonya was broken until Accurate frame data was released and people found a lot of holes in Sonya's pressure game. I think learning Frame data puts you a step ahead of the casual player. For example, Let's say Ryu's DP is -10 on block, and Asuka's fastest normal is starts up at 11 frames, that means I can't punish with Asuka on reaction, but my other character Cammy has a normal that's starts up in 8 frames so I can punish Ryu with Cammy and not Asuka.. (Just pretending) So it's important to know this so I can use my team to it's full potential instead of waiting on open Ryu up myself.

What if you just, idk, block the DP and punish from there?

:thumbsup: no frame data was read for that

Nigguh.. It was an example.

If you block the DP he's probably safe on block, but if you bait it and he whiffs you're guaranteed a combo.

Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Anyway it's just how me and mkray roll. Frame data just doesn't click with me cause I'll learn what's safe and what's unsafe. Like Law's move where he punches you once then a couple of more times, that's safe. Just learning this stuff through experience is funner than reading a screen filled with numbers. My opinion

:rofl:

Can't deny the power of frame data though; definitely gives an advantage..

and a headache :rolleyes:

I kid haha

I'd rather be on the safe side and read the numbers, because something that YOU think are not punishable could be with a different team. Like Ryu's donkey kick block string only people with Invincible DP's can stop it, and If Lili and Cammy doesn't have one.. I'm kinda at a disadvantage :C

Damn you gentlemen with your fancy talk :mad:

Well I'm going to stand by my wall of ignorance :love:

EDIT: Never mind Kzaoo with the save!