Street Fighter X Tekken

I'm officially dropping this game completely.

I just lost to a dude because of this stupid as time out crap. One of his characters had full life and the other had minimal. I was about to chip him out but he switched out and he won because his full-life character had more life than the two of mine combined.

Before that, I faced someone who blocked the whole match, waiting for an opening to do the same combo over and over.

Before that, I faced someone who just threw Raven's ninja stars the entire match.

Before that I faced a Ken and Ryu team for the 500th time.

This game isn't even relatively fun and 95% of players play like whores. Only reason I'm not selling it is because of the Tekken characters in the game.

Arcade mode and local multiplayer from now on. Suck my dick SF BlockSpamKenRyuXGemsZoneDumbShit Tekken.

yeah this game now that I have something else to play

This game could have been so much more if it weren't for the horrible online community.

I realize people just really want to win but that doesn't mean EVERYONE has to play like a dick.

Like BBBLP said, this game is fun against friends but I hate losing to these douchebags online.

I hear so much from all other communities that this game was a failure as a competitive game.

Can someone elaborate why this is popular opinion?

I'm talking from a competitive standpoint.

This game could have been so much more if it weren't for the horrible online community.

I realize people just really want to win but that doesn't mean EVERYONE has to play like a dick.

Like BBBLP said, this game is fun against friends but I hate losing to these douchebags online.

I don't know.. MK9 kinda prepped me for this and I don't mind dealing with it. But that's just me though.. I don't mind dealing with Fireballs filling the screen or turtles because there's a way to open them up but I just have to think and read my opponent.

If I do get the game, I'm not buying it but my brother may buy it for me.

I hear so much from all other communities that this game was a failure as a competitive game.

From the streams that I've watched they say the Auto tech and Block gems negate the whole Mix-up game, and you can just use Jabs to lock your opponent down in frame traps without any effort.

SFxT lets you get away with a lot of bullshit easily unlike SSF4, MK9, Tekken 6, etc.

That's the #1 thing that irks me.

Jin has that "Who crapped themselves" look and Xiaoyu just looks plain creepy in that video still :laugh:

@Critical: Maybe its because I don't have a big SF background, but the only problems I see with SFxT are gems (which in tournaments can be turned off) and the timer. I know the jabs are a big deal too, but like the vid Yung posted (which was pretty awesome btw) there are ways to avoid it.

This is just me but I think the two main reasons why people hate it is because it doesn't play enough like SF4 and because its just become popular to hate. For example, I was on the CEO Stream and even though SFxT wasn't streamed (at least I didn't see it) people were saying "OMG SFXT IS A BAD GAME" or "SFXJAB" or other stuff like that; all of that for a game that wasn't even shown. It got even worse when Marvel or AE wasn't shown.

I'm not saying that the game is perfect, but I do think that most of the hate for the game is unwarranted. Plus the game itself may go through some big changes according to Seth Killian, so its only going to improve (hopefully) from now on.

mkray hit it right on the head.

I mean they even mentioned that if you play it like SF4 you will get blown up. I don't think gems are that big of a deal. You can't block a grab with an auto block gem. And what ever happened to reading your opponents patterns? If you know the dude is gonna jab like crazy use your tech to beat him. (Ex. cross ups, mix ups)

Raven stars? Use your projectile as well (if you have one), one of you will slip up to create an opening. Even you don't have projectile character they have ways around it, say ex move that has one hit of armor.

I think people hate this game because they assume it's a cross rush and gems. Learn your game you sellout community

I don't know.. MK9 kinda prepped me for this and I don't mind dealing with it. But that's just me though.. I don't mind dealing with Fireballs filling the screen or turtles because there's a way to open them up but I just have to think and read my opponent.

Like I said earlier, I can deal with Projectiles and Ryu x Ken teams. It's part of the game and it's up to ME as a player to find ways around it instead of complaining about it, because complaining gets you nowhere.. I can B**** all day about Ken's Cross up Tatsu, but If I know what it's capable of why not use my knowledge to stop it or prevent ken from staying in the Air with Anti Airs and what not..

People need to understand that this is a fighter and no one is going to entertain you, they want to win just like you do and will do anything to do it, plus it adds to the depth of the game by learning match ups, set ups, and increasing your Meta game overall.

Yung and MKray you kinda opened my eyes also.. Just because I'm not decent at the game on Day 1 or Day 30 I should give up, but instead strive to better myself as a player. MK9 didn't have a huge learning curve compared to SF and SFxT and the gameplay is completely different the only thing that's the same is the Fundamentals of fighters.

Hopefully I will get this game and try to learn it.

That's my rant for today, but I doubt you will read it <_<

Nah I read your rant.
I'm glad I actually convinced someone.

If you know what's coming why not use your knowledge? Each game has a learning curve obviously, SFXT is pretty steep. Cross rush, knowing when to tag out, which charge super has armor, etc.

For some reason people didn't take the time to learn that. Hell I bet half of the SFXT community skipped the tutorial. Plus why rely on gems? You do know they cost you meter right? Like if I grab and you tech, I'll just waste your meter by grabbing more often. That is why you learn your opponent.

Nah I read your rant.
I'm glad I actually convinced someone.

If you know what's coming why not use your knowledge? Each game has a learning curve obviously, SFXT is pretty steep. Cross rush, knowing when to tag out, which charge super has armor, etc.

For some reason people didn't take the time to learn that. Hell I bet half of the SFXT community skipped the tutorial. Plus why rely on gems? You do know they cost you meter right? Like if I grab and you tech, I'll just waste your meter by grabbing more often. That is why you learn your opponent.

It's a lot more to manage in this game than in AE or SSF4. You have Meter, Time, and 2 Life bars. Then you have to find 2 characters that work well together. This is just me, but I look at facing the same characters as a good thing.

1) You study the character's move set and properties of their moves

2) You gain match up experience and you can use what you learned against them.

Wait, only on Auto tech gems though. Right?

That costs meter? Nah Auto block gems cost meter too.

The way I see it most characters are compatible. Just takes time to figure out that synergy

Also I agree on both points. Me being an Asuka player I should know that Exo (forgot the name) is invincible to fireballs. Or that Julia's wind roll was made to avoid fireballs. Or that Bison's head stomp, teleport, and Ex Scissor Kicks pass through fireballs as well. the list goes on

Most of the Tekken characters have some type of wave dash I believe, Kazuya's Mist step is god like for plowing through Fireballs.

I was looking at the Cammy x Lili team, but Kzaoo said I needed to swap out one of them <_< So I was thinking about Lili x Nina maybe.

Yeah Cammy is the one you-

wait, that tornado punch is invincible I believe. Not to mention cannon strike is pretty good. Then Again I know nothing of Cammy

Yeah Cammy is the one you-

wait, that tornado punch is invincible I believe. Not to mention cannon strike is pretty good. Then Again I know nothing of Cammy

I think she can dive kick over slow projectiles, Guile's Sonic Boom, Ravens Stars, and I think Spiral arrow does duck under Plasma, but I have to space it correctly If I don't want to be punished for it.

F*** it.. I'm running Lili x Cammy (Team dive kick) Lili's EX Dive kick puts her at frame advantage for pressure and so does Cammy's :love: