Ermac Thread - "We are Many, You are but One!"

I find the dash,2,2 bit of that quite tricky. Either I miss the dash timing or the 2,2 often turns into a "Fist Smash" (F2).

On the few occasions I land the dash,2,2 the opponent seems to hit the floor before the x-ray hits.
It may be trick depending on the timing you take to jump kick your opponent. As I've already used to that combo, to me, it's become very easy to do.

The basic Ermac's bnb: B+1, 1, slam, JF+4, teleport, dash, 2, 2, push requires a lot of training but once you get it, I actually find the x-ray easier to do at the end than force push. People talk shit about Ermac, but Ermac has already a lot of disavantages, it's not like he's a full character or nearly op like Kung Lao was initially.

I find the dash,2,2 bit of that quite tricky. Either I miss the dash timing or the 2,2 often turns into a "Fist Smash" (F2).

On the few occasions I land the dash,2,2 the opponent seems to hit the floor before the x-ray hits.

It's all practice, silvercue. Really, it is. Sometimes it does get affected by connections online, but even then you can figure out the timing if you do it enough. Watch the body fall right into your 2,2. And with the X-Ray you have to press the X-Ray input RIGHT away.

It may be trick depending on the timing you take to jump kick your opponent. As I've already used to that combo, to me, it's become very easy to do.

The basic Ermac's bnb: B+1, 1, slam, JF+4, teleport, dash, 2, 2, push requires a lot of training but once you get it, I actually find the x-ray easier to do at the end than force push. People talk shit about Ermac, but Ermac has already a lot of disavantages, it's not like he's a full character or nearly op like Kung Lao was initially.

Very true, dude. He does have high damage combos, but he needs it. His start ups are very slow. The TKP is there for a reason.

Big Frog - thanks. Not sure I will be able to get enough game time to perfect some of those trickeir ones.

I can pull of the basic ones with ease now, in fact I just completed Challenge 300 using the easiest of combos..... 1,2, (or other starter), lift, SJK, teleport, push (or enhanced push). The combos just feels like second nature now and can add x-ray to the end in stead of push if suitable, but but I only seem to land that 40% of the time and I think it is due to the place the tele hits, rather than the timing of the x-ray...but not sure.

Still find that dash,2,2 tricky though and online not sure how reliable that would be.

Last edited:
What bothers me in Ermac is that he his arguably the worst character when it comes to wake-up attacks. It is a nightmare to fight rush-down characters :/

Yes, but anyone who plays against Ermac is already expecting them, once they block, bye bye, truth is it takes to much time of recovery for Ermac not to be severly punished.

That's the same for every wakeup tho! U don't just use wakeups constantly u switch it up with rolls/jmps/blocks/low pokes etc...u use ure wakeups constantly on any char and u will be begging to get punished. His wakeups is helluva good cuz it goes into a combo. Most dont

A good wake-up for me is a safe one. Sindel and Kano's wake-ups are safe and barely punishable, even though Kano's upball has been nerfed it seems. Wake-ups that involves lows are good and wake-ups that push the character way from you are fantastic. The biggest disavantage is Ermac's gameplay is that it takes to long for him to recover from his specials. Not it ruins the character, but that's the balance he needed for his tremendous combo-potential.

That's the same for every wakeup tho! U don't just use wakeups constantly u switch it up with rolls/jmps/blocks/low pokes etc...u use ure wakeups constantly on any char and u will be begging to get punished. His wakeups is helluva good cuz it goes into a combo. Most dont

Exactly. As long as you mix up the wake up attacks, the delayed get up, etc, etc, etc....He's definitely not the worst when it comes to wake ups. His are super fast.

A good wake-up for me is a safe one. Sindel and Kano's wake-ups are safe and barely punishable, even though Kano's upball has been nerfed it seems. Wake-ups that involves lows are good and wake-ups that push the character way from you are fantastic. The biggest disavantage is Ermac's gameplay is that it takes to long for him to recover from his specials. Not it ruins the character, but that's the balance he needed for his tremendous combo-potential.

i honestly dont know about sindel but i know kanos upball can be punished on block with pokes, uppercuts and fast specials.

I have yet to make try the combo you guys are talking about but on the flipside I did make a combo guide with my thoughts about his bnb's. B+1,1 starter is it as quick as 1,2 or at least better than b+1,1,4 I swear it's so slow but does such good damage your tempted to toss it in every now and then.

The video
YouTube Ermac Video

Trying to stick with practical and useful.

Last edited:
I use 3, 1 sometimes to start but usually U use 1,2 because it is very fast and so easy to land compared to some starters. Works online as well as in the practicde arena.

That's all you need for pressure, dude. If the guy is holding block a lot up close 3,1 or 3,1,2, or 1,2 into grab works wonders.

I tried that above mentioned combo it was fairly easy to pull off but if you got that far with b+1,1 why not just add on the 4 for a better hit confirm? For even more damage?

Is there any BnB combos that don't involve a force lift at the beginning. Something I can use in online matches cause I get tired of having to use my combos only when to punish someone.

Is there any BnB combos that don't involve a force lift at the beginning. Something I can use in online matches cause I get tired of having to use my combos only when to punish someone.

All of them. Every combo I put on the post starts with a string, and then a force lift.

I have a feeling he meant to add the 4 in there, but that combo still gives you 51%.
yea I did. I swear b+1,1,4 is horrible on block. so in my opinion not that good. But 1,2 is REALLY good but gets blocked so much. Then because it was fast it's hard for me to visually see. For some reason it looks like when people get hit with sub I can see it a mile away.

Why is B1, 1, 4 horrible on block? It's actually a pretty safe combo from Ermac since 4 pushes the opponent away from you even on block and he cannot punishes you.

I actually do B1, 1 and see what's happening, if my opponent is not blocking then I do B1, 1, lift. If he's blocking, then I do B1, 1, 4 because I know I won't get punished, the recovery time is fast enough for me to block a counter-attack.

Why is B1, 1, 4 horrible on block? It's actually a pretty safe combo from Ermac since 4 pushes the opponent away from you even on block and he cannot punishes you.

I actually do B1, 1 and see what's happening, if my opponent is not blocking then I do B1, 1, lift. If he's blocking, then I do B1, 1, 4 because I know I won't get punished, the recovery time is fast enough for me to block a counter-attack.

I use 1,2 the most.

PS - lol I see you in the forums since a while ago and it bothers me that you dont have an avatar or sign yet lmao