Cyber Sub-Zero Thread - "You Are Not So Fearsome!"

Finally found a practical use for his ice bomb (medium version anyway) OK if you throw out the Medium ice bomb at point blank range fallowed by b1,2 the bomb should freeze them just as 2 connects so basically the button sequence would be ff3,b1,2 note this does not work in the corner

Let me ask you, does the B+1,2 keep them in blockstun long enough for them to be hit by the Ice Bomb? If so this could be a potential unblockable setup.

ok im new to this site. But i play alot of MK9...regarding this topic i have found a fairly simple 25% combo, no meter ... 1 2 iceball, Forward 1, 4

Not sure if this was already mentioned, if it was then sorry! just testing out ol' Cyber Subby!

and a 32 percent one

1 2 iceball, 1 2 1+2, Dash, Forward 1,4 .. Again im not sure if this was added already

Why is it not worth it? Btw its 2,1 iceball, 21, 1+2, dash f.1,4

If you add a j.1, 21 iceball, j.1, 21 1+2, dash, f.1, 4 thats 38%

Easy combo does great damage, imo its worth it.

Finally found a practical use for his ice bomb (medium version anyway) OK if you throw out the Medium ice bomb at point blank range fallowed by b1,2 the bomb should freeze them just as 2 connects so basically the button sequence would be ff3,b1,2 note this does not work in the corner

At point blank range? The recovery from an ice bomb will have you eating a combo..
Training dummies doesnt fight back but computer/offline and online players do.

another neat little thing i found was 1,1,2 medium ice bomb (right after combo), then close ice bomb, oppenent is trapped will be forced to jump then in the air you can dive kick

(unrelated to top part) another little thing with the back+3 2 (uppercut) jump kick into a dive kick for a four hit 20% easy combo

Havent tested this vs a human though..only in practice mode

***thanks 13th order for adding the jump punch in there lols

Last edited:
When practicing these combos make sure you set the dummy to auto block. CSZ does not have an unblock able, inescapable bomb setup like Cyrax does.

If the opponent can block, he can also punish.

Sektorpionax-Zero, your setup is flawed, from mid screen, opponent can jump backwards to avoid your dive kick. You'll need a combo that sets them to the corner like shown in page 1 where you limit and force his jump to neutral or forward.

In order for this setup to work, you will need a combo that sends him to the corner eliminating his backwards jump.

The combo I presented on the first page, not only does more damage but successfully sends the opponent to the corner from mid screen. You should really read the whole thread first.

Last edited:
i read a few pages..im not trying to step on toes or anything. No need to sound condescending! ..i was just Effin around trying to firgure out crap on my own so im not forcing someones elses technique, i wasnt going for damage either..just was trying use it as a platform for other combos...i think you need to chill (pun intended XD)

Actually the bomb set up works even if the combo is blocked because of its natural push so realistically you would want them blocking it since as someone said at point blank range you'd be eating fist otherwise and as far as block stun its a non factor because of the timing same principles work with his 3,3,2 combo with a medium bomb as well but the timing is even tighter

i read a few pages..im not trying to step on toes or anything. No need to sound condescending! ..i was just Effin around trying to firgure out crap on my own so im not forcing someones elses technique, i wasnt going for damage either..just was trying use it as a platform for other combos...i think you need to chill (pun intended XD)

I encourage you to figure stuff out but dont go posting incorrect stuff on here. I'm being very easy around here, you post those kinds of stuff in TYM/MKU/SRK and all they will do is laugh at you. At least im giving you the reason why it wouldnt work.

Besides why wouldnt go you for damage anyway? The combos I've posted are VERY easy to execute, hence BnB..bread and butter.

Just for reference, it takes 5 20% combos to kill someone. Thats 5 mistakes they would have to do.
Compare that to doing 3 35% combos to kill someone, it will only take a person to make a mistake 3 times.

Actually the bomb set up works even if the combo is blocked because of its natural push so realistically you would want them blocking it since as someone said at point blank range you'd be eating fist otherwise and as far as block stun its a non factor because of the timing same principles work with his 3,3,2 combo with a medium bomb as well but the timing is even tighter

Ok so you throw a bomb at point blank range. Do you think he will let you do your block strings? The recovery frames of an ice bomb is not safe to be doing it at point blank range. You wont even have the chance to do your block strings before he starts hitting you with his meaty combo.

Cyrax, you use his combo strings to STUN the opponent which enables you to throw a bomb out safely. That is inescapable trap. CSZ does not have an inescapable bomb trap.

Scenario 2, you do the block strings, he blocks then you throw an ice bomb. The recovery frames will let him jump over you to avoid it while you sit there unable to punish because youre still recovering from the ice bomb.

Last edited:
Why is it not worth it? Btw its 2,1 iceball, 21, 1+2, dash f.1,4

If you add a j.1, 21 iceball, j.1, 21 1+2, dash, f.1, 4 thats 38%

Easy combo does great damage, imo its worth it.

didnt mean to put not worth it..edited that out..im liking cyber sub more n more as i play with him :D

I encourage you to figure stuff out but dont go posting incorrect stuff on here. I'm being very easy around here, you post those kinds of stuff in TYM/MKU/SRK and all they will do is laugh at you. At least im giving you the reason why it wouldnt work.

Besides why wouldnt go you for damage anyway? The combos I've posted are VERY easy to execute, hence BnB..bread and butter.

Just for reference, it takes 5 20% combos to kill someone. Thats 5 mistakes they would have to do.
Compare that to doing 3 35% combos to kill someone, it will only take a person to make a mistake 3 times.

im new to all this combo talk..i usually just play the games myself but decided to go on these forums, pretty helpful! and im sorry if i disrespected (embarressed myself) i really just wanted to use the chill pun lol.

im new to all this combo talk..i usually just play the games myself but decided to go on these forums, pretty helpful! and im sorry if i disrespected (embarressed myself) i really just wanted to use the chill pun lol.

Not a problem man, we're all here to better our selves. Just my advice, if you think you found something, try it out on the computer or against a friend. If it works 100% of the time then you have something.

Scientists doesnt go around announcing all of their findings right away, they go through experiments to prove their discovery. Same should apply here.

He is very versatile and unique, I'm glad you can see the beauty in playing as him also ^_^ how long have you been practicing with Cyber Sub-Zero?

actually..for like 2-3 hours..just got enough confidence with him to play him online. One of the flaws i dont care for is his somewhat slow attacks but once i got them on a blocked teleport its that 32-38% range game-over combo :p He has alot of special moves to his arsenal, some which i forget to use in important situations, nonetheless i have his combos down and thats enough for me to get the W

actually..for like 2-3 hours..just got enough confidence with him to play him online. One of the flaws i dont care for is his somewhat slow attacks but once i got them on a blocked teleport its that 32-38% range game-over combo :p He has alot of special moves to his arsenal, some which i forget to use in important situations, nonetheless i have his combos down and thats enough for me to get the W

Absolutely right! The recipe to victory is Kombos + Konfidence. I think you'll do fine online. I wish we had the same console so that we could get some sparring matches in.

Do you main anyone else?

Absolutely right! The recipe to victory is Kombos + Konfidence. I think you'll do fine online. I wish we had the same console so that we could get some sparring matches in.

Do you main anyone else?

Sektor and quan-chi/reptile.. a little bit of noob too..

sektor is my dude! i love his zoning/flamethrower and his juggles :)

Quan-chi i have a few combos down, he is another one of those unique characters i think

my record is 102-70.. i am not A PRO but i am above average i believe..what about you? what are your mains

More time in the lab has thought me that little bomb trick actually works better off of a dash because now I could be way off here but it seems the bomb travels farther with the added mommentum of the dash which is helped by the fact that the medium ice bomb is essentially performed with the same input as dashing hence why its easy to get an accidental bomb when trying to juggle with 3 by dashing although I read somewhere that could all change through updates