Sektor Thread - "We are the Lin Kuei!"

Is anyone else having a hard time doing his EX TU after the jump kick online?

I don't know what happened, I used to be able to pull it off no problem :(

I think online is still not much responsive for Sektor. I even have trouble hitting a flying kick after a teleport punch online...

Ya thats kinda what I was mentioning in my previous post. I was having a really tough time linking TU into my kick combos. I probably need more offline practice on it anyway. I use the fight stick and its a little tricky

Also I find sector to be one of the better toons to use for the laggy online play based on projectiles and teleports

OK Sektor players: Here are the Combos and strategies I learned from Practice Mode and watching a ton of videos and posts around the internet.

Combos:
f4,4,EX TU, b2,f2

homing missile, jk, EX TU, b2, 1

u3,4,TP,f4,4,EX TP, b2,f2

homing missile or up missile, jp,1,2,b1,jk,f4,4,EX TU, b2,f2

b3,4, EX TP, b2,1

corner-1,2,b1,1,2,2,XRay

Punish combos- f4,4, TP EX, b2,1 or b2,TP EX, b2,1

Strategies:
-You can do a 2hit missile across the screen by doing an air missile, then right away do a straight missile. This keeps them at the end of the screen.

-His b1 is awesome to push opponents back, and also does great damage for a regular move.

-His dash blocks are very quick, and can be used to gain distance or just use a b1 to keep them back again.

-After combos, do an extra up missile, homing missile, or straight missile to keep them from doing a wakeup moves.

-Supposedly (don't know if it's true) Human Sektor has slower missiles but faster juggles.

Updated with Kergon's tips and combos, and Sektorpionax-Zero's combos.

Also added a rush down section.

I have a really simple, kinda basic combo. Not sure if these are up yet, so :p on me.
TU, f4,4, EX TU, uppercut for 32%. It takes timing :p At least for me, because my controller gets stuck sometimes :p
And then Up Missile, TU, f4,4, EX TU, uppercut, pretty much the other combo just with an Up Missile to start it for 38% damage. Hope I helped :p

I have a really simple, kinda basic combo. Not sure if these are up yet, so :p on me.
TU, f4,4, EX TU, uppercut for 32%. It takes timing :p At least for me, because my controller gets stuck sometimes :p
And then Up Missile, TU, f4,4, EX TU, uppercut, pretty much the other combo just with an Up Missile to start it for 38% damage. Hope I helped :p

thats my BnB when i play online, i bait the TU and its game over. and im considered a spammer because of it. except at the end i do b2b1 for more damage or a 3+flamethrower to be spiffy lol

thats my BnB when i play online, i bait the TU and its game over. and im considered a spammer because of it. except at the end i do b2b1 for more damage or a 3+flamethrower to be spiffy lol
XD When I play against my friend I get the "SPAMMER!" shout a lot :D I've also noticed that the combo works a lot better for me from kind of a mid range distance :p

EDIT: Since it seems obvious there isn't going to be many posts, I'm gonna update my combo with some extra info.
Jump kick, TU in the air, F4, 4, Enhanced TU, then b2,b1 for 39% damage. This one is better then the other because starting with Up Missile is really hard to pull off. And if you end the Up Missile combo with b2,b1 you get 40%

This other combo might be close to an ultra-combo. Up Missile, Jump kick, Air TU, F4,4, Enhanced TU, b2,b1. 45% damage combo, even if hard to pull off.

Last edited:
IMO, it is much better to go for a simple jump kick into TU instead of f4,4 into TU.

The damage scaling makes the f4,4's complex timing not even worth it.

I want to do a Liu Kang thread but I am to scared kause I don't know how to do it as kool as this. Plus, I don't want people to talk shit on Liu Kang as always.

here is a 51% 1 meter combo..dunno if this was posted (sorry for laziness !)

upmissle jp. 12b1 j.k TU j.k EXTU b2b1 (or 3flamethrower or b2flamethrower - all come out to 51%)

Just finalizing this combo and making it pretty so you can post it for his advanced combos

13 Hits, 53% 1 meter

upmissle j.p 12b1 f4 4 TU j.k EXTU b2b1

(this is the same combo in the first thread but instead of the first jumpkick its f44..timing is a little tighter but is easy once u get it down pat)

i know i posted this once but this ones more clear.

now for a little sektor fun..

- Sektors b4 sweep move can hit opponents in the air right before they touch the ground..can any other characters sweep move do that?

- Sektors Leg Lift Sneaky Kicks (u3 3 4) can be done by pressing b3 b4 instead of lifting into the toe stance which is slow. This is a good mix up against standing blocking opponents and can be followed by a TU for a combo

- If you want a safe TU to hit your opponent without being punished you can use the b2 move (which has a little bit of distance) to go into a TU for a combo.

- His TU is one of the best wake up attacks in the game. His EX TU is safe on block. Sektors X-ray is somewhat slow and his Meter should only be used for EXTU and Homing Missles.

Thanks if you have read this. I just wanted all Sektor and all future Sektor players to read this. I didnt see these little tips posted so i thought i'd share. Fear the Lin Kuei!

13 Hits, 53% 1 meter

The timing on that jump kick into the ExTU has a VERY small window on it.

Here's one I use that is a little less strict and yields 50%:

Up Missile, JP, b2, TU, f4, 4, ExTU, b2, 1

Note - If you do this combo with Up Missile, JP, 1, 2, b1, TU, f4, 4, ExTU, b2, 1...it only gives you 49%.

The timing on that jump kick into the ExTU has a VERY small window on it.

Here's one I use that is a little less strict and yields 50%:

Up Missile, JP, b2, TU, f4, 4, ExTU, b2, 1

Note - If you do this combo with Up Missile, JP, 1, 2, b1, TU, f4, 4, ExTU, b2, 1...it only gives you 49%.

im aware of the strict timing window. After the 12b1 just wait a twat hair then do the f4 4 so you can pop the opponent up as high as possible to finish the rest of the combo and for the j.k EXTU just practice doing it fast as soon as you come up from the previous TU. If you landed the f4 4 at the right time then the J.K EXTU shouldn't be that strict. I know that the combo isnt that practical in an online match and im aware of all the other combos. I just posted it as the highest damage combo available for sektor..not the most reliable.

Sektor Tips N Tricks

These are just some tips about Sektor that some players might of not known about or haven't been familiar with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the most highest damage possible in a combo for Sektor that i found
that only uses 1 meter

13 Hits, 53% 1 meter

After the 12b1 dont IMMEDIATELY mash f4 4, Just wait a hair and it should pop the opponent up as high as possible. Practice doing just the 12b1 f4 4 with launching them as high as you can. If you landed the f4 4 correctly the j.k EXTU won't be that difficult to pull off as some may think it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

People think sektor is no good in the corner..HA!

corner combo -- 12b1 j.k 12b1 122flamethrower 39%

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now for a little sektor fun..

- Sektors b4 sweep move can hit opponents in the air right before they touch the ground..can any other characters sweep move do that?

- Sektors Leg Lift Sneaky Kicks (u3 3 4) can be done by pressing b3 b4 instead of lifting into the toe stance which is slow. This is a good mix up against standing blocking opponents and can be followed by a TU for a combo

- If you want a safe TU to hit your opponent without being punished you can use the b2 move (which has a little bit of distance) to go into a TU for a combo.

- His TU is one of the best wake up attacks in the game. His EX TU is safe on block. Sektors X-ray is somewhat slow and his Meter should only be used for EXTU and Homing Missles.

- Sektors Leg Lift Toe Kick (U 3 4) move can jump over Kung Laos ground hat and Jades low boomarang and possibly other projectiles, play to find out!

Thanks if you have read this. I just wanted all Sektor and all future Sektor players to read this. I posted this in the Sektor character page but wasn't getting as many views as i hoped for.

ngbbs4b71034aa1240.jpg

Good news everyone!

I can now confirm that Human Sektor's missile hits lower than robo's.
Which is a huge deal considering that Human Sektor can hit Sub-Zero during his slide!!!

Last edited: