Sektor Thread - "We are the Lin Kuei!"

BBBLP

Robot Rock
Credit to Zephna for the format.

"We are the Lin Kuei!"
374px-Sektor_render2.png
The key to winning with Sektor is distance. Keep far away from your opponent and punish any mistake they make with the appropriate tool.

Notations: 1 = X/Square........ 2 = Y/Triangle.......... 3 = A/X....... 4 = B/Circle

UPDATES:
-Added an updates section.
-Added some combos, yellow combos were given to me from Immortal Reaver/Immortal Reaver's Combo Thread.
-Removed a faulty combo.
-Changed the picture of Sektor, thanks to Fox17 for supplying it.
-Added a Weakness section
-Added a Human Sektor difference section, thanks to Asodimazze for reminding me

Spoiler:

Missile - Best used when fairly far. It is fairly slow, so it will mainly be used to chip away an opponent that is blocking (more on that later).

Double Missile - Does an impressive amount of damage, but isn't as useful as other EX moves. Use it when you are in a rut and need a quick finish to a far away opponent.

Upward Missiles - Very useful for when you are barraging a far away opponent with regular missiles. Keep switching it up between up and forward missiles. If they don't have a teleport they'll try to jump over the forward ones, and if you're missiles are being mixed up enough they'll get cracked over the head with a sweet sweet mixture of metal and explosives.

Homing Missile - A very underrated move indeed. Sektor's homing missile (against most characters) is an immobilizing move. They will either try to evade it like a fool, in which case you destroy them with a teleport uppercut. Or they will crouch and block. In which case you hit them with his overhead U3, D4, followed by an immediate TU (Teleport Uppercut)

Flamethrower - Very useful when rushing down a fallen opponent. It is a great defense against wakeup attacks. Use it right when they are about to get up. It is also a pretty nice anti-air NEVER use his EX flamethrower! It only adds about 3% damage, and has terrible recovery when blocked unlike the regular version.

Teleport Uppercut - Saved the best for last. Its fast, a pop-up, and has deadly accuracy. TU is best used after a quick backwards jump. Jumping backwards has a faster animation that jumping up, and TU has a faster animation when done in the air. Put 2 and 2 together and you have a recipe for rage quit. Just don't make a habit of it, it becomes predictable after a while.

EX Teleport Uppercut (Called robo uppercut or something) - Unbelievably useful. This move takes Sektor's combo potential and doubles it! It is a two-hit move and pops the victim up higher that the regular TU. It should also be noted that when blocked, this move is much less punishable than his regular version.

Massive Missile (X-ray) - IMO, this is useless. It takes 3 bars of your meter and does a nice amount of damage, but can't compare to what you can do with enhanced specials. Use it out of desperation only.

Spoiler:
Against Spammers/Zoners - A spammers worst nightmare is Sektor. Jump around to bait their projectile, do a TU and before you know it your arm is halfway up their ass. Then combo to your delight.

Against crouch blockers - Just hop back and mix up your up and forward missiles until they change their tactics. Or run over and go for an u3, d4 (his overhead). If they go for a sweep, Sektor's u3, d4 will hop over them and smash them.

Homing Missile Barrage - If you're up against characters that have armor on their EX moves, and you fear they are going to break one out on you or if they already have. Get back and launch a homing missile, followed by a barrage of up missiles. They will wait for the homing to connect while they are getting pelted overhead by missiles. Most likely they will get annoyed and try to evade them, that is when you punish with TU.

Against pressure - Just keep your block up and wait for an opening, then hit them with either b1 (Which pushes them back almost the entire screen length) or do his f2, b1 which knocks them back the maximum distance. Then regain your composure and keep them at a distance. They'll have to adapt to being that far away, in which they will probably try to zone or spam.

Spoiler:

Sektor's b2, b1 is very powerful and keeps your opponent at a distance.

His b2, cancel into flamethrower is a great way to start off a match or keep an opponent of his guard.

1, 2, b1 is his pop up combo and is his bread and butter. Once you hit someone with this, there is no hope for them.

Spoiler:

12 hits
51% damage
No X-ray

Homing missile (up missile will do as well), jump forward 1, 1, 2, b1, jump kick, teleport punch, jump kick, EX teleport, b2, b1.

This combo is my BnB (Bread and butter), I use it every fight and it is relatively easy to pull off:
1, 2, b1, jump kick, teleport punch, jump kick, EX teleport, b2, b1.

-13 Hits 59%: Start with Cyrax. Use EX homing middle tag assist. Then Forward Jump+1 2 1, EX bomb, mid bomb, uppercut, 1 2 1. Or at the end instead of 1 2 1 you can do 3 3 Ragdoll.

These ones were copied from Immortal Reaver's combo thread.
-9 hits 41%: jump punch, 2, 1, teleport uppercut, 1, 2, X-Ray.
-7 hits 35%: jump kick, teleport uppercut, jump kick, EX Teleport uppercut, 2, flame burner.
-6 Hits, 39%: 1, 2, B1, X-Ray

Spoiler:
If you are facing someone for the first time and you don't know their tactics, get back. And wait for them to reveal how they play. Study them and punish accordingly. After you knock them down for the first time in a match, STAY ON THEM. Dash in and give them a flamethrower, see whether or not they block it. If they don't and you don't see "Wake up attack" down by their meter, they wont be giving you a hard time. Just make sure you switch it up a little with low blows and throws when you rush in.

If they block it, then next time hit them with either a sweep, throw or his u3, d4 move.

Spoiler:
Human Sektor's X-ray hits lower, so you can get in a combo easier than with Robo-Sektor. But it is only by a small margin. It would also seem as if Human Sektor's front missile comes out faster than Robo-Sektor's, but it looks like his up missile is slower. If anyone can confirm or deny these things, it will be greatly appreciated.

This thread is still under construction and improvement tips are greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all who read this and remember, show no mercy!

Also, the quote, "We are the Lin Kuei" is from Smoke's chapter in Story mode. Sektor says "We are the Lin Kuei. More stealthful than the night. More deadly that the dawn!":congrats:

Last edited:
Spoiler:

Liu Kang - Medium threat. Liu Kang's fast paced low hitting juggles are a problem for Sektor since his wake-ups are pretty low on the invincibility side. Attempt to regain your composure by rolling back and blocking low. Then punish with a quick low poke then throw. This works most of the time I've found. And what ever you do, stay out of that corner!

Sindel - Medium threat. A spamming Sindel is dangerous to Sektor. She recovers quickly from her fireballs so it is hard to TU her without getting punished. You'll need to crouch block, and she will either do 2 things. Either start jump fireballing in which case you TU her on her fall down. Or she will spam low fireballs, then you need to time them and jump in-between them. Bait her into shooting you and hit her with a TU. Be be extra careful of her cartwheel kick on wake-up. Keep your distance.

Kabal - Major Threat Kabal will **** Sektor's shit UP! His wake ups are pretty much un punishable, but he can rape you when you get up from your floor nap. Be very careful of using you TU, his nomad dash can spin you in an instant. His ground saws also stop your TU, and zoning with missiles is a no no due to his wake-up saws. Its really a losing battle against this ass hole.

B1tch face - Major Threat Mileena can really **** up your day if your blocking isn't right. Always rush towards Mileena when you knock her down, a Skank player will almost always go for the ball roll. Which is perfect for punishing. Be wary when blocking her teleport, she can instantly throw her sais after you block it, allowing her to safely hit the ground. So you need to be quick with your punish. Luckily Mileena's ball roll can't go under Sek-Sek's flame thrower.

Spoiler:

13 hit * No bar * Corner * 45%

Up missile - jump in punch - 1 - 2 -b1 - delay- 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 2 cancel into flamethrower.

These combos were added by
Sektorpionax-Zero:

i am a sektor player and use -- upmissle 1 2 b1 f4 4 teleport jumpkick teleport

41% with missle 34% without missle

with the ex teleport and b2b1 added at the end its worth alot more obv lol

f4 4 is a great set up and easier to hit then 12b1 with sektor also!

*you can use the exteleport for the first teleport into a jumpkick teleport for about 44% damage with missle 38% damage without missle

have a new wall combo..33% no meter, its a change from all the teleport BnB's it goes..

12b1 12 12 122 or 12b1 12 122flamethrower

10 hits

the second version just looks cool cuz its the flamethrower heh

and another wall combo goes 12b1 12 12 12 21, it looks like sektor has lots of punches :)

These were added by
Kergon:

Combos:
f4,4,EX TU, b2,f2

homing missile, jk, EX TU, b2, 1

u3,4,TP,f4,4,EX TP, b2,f2

homing missile or up missile, jp,1,2,b1,jk,f4,4,EX TU, b2,f2

b3,4, EX TP, b2,1

corner-1,2,b1,1,2,2,XRay

Punish combos- f4,4, TP EX, b2,1 or b2,TP EX, b2,1

These were added by Zoidberg:

EXteleport, jump kick, teleport, B+2,1 6 hits 33%

Jump kick, Teleport, B+2,1 25%

F+4,4 teleport B+2,1 25%

EX up missile, EX teleport, jump kick, teleport, B+2,1 7 hits 40% damage

Spoiler:
Most people consider Sektor to only be a zoning character, but he also has a very strong rushing game. As stated by Kergon, his block dash is very quick.

When you knock someone down, and you are sure they wont go for a teleport, quickly dash to them and go for b3, 4 into a TU. Most of the time they wont see a low hit coming.

Or if you fear a wake-up attack, dash towards them, not all of the way, then go for a flamethrower.
Most wake-ups cannot get past the flame, the only exception I know of is Stryker's roll, even Mileena's roll gets hit by it :)

Spoiler:

Midscreen:
No bar
1, 2, b1, jump kick into TU, 1, 2, flamethrower.

With bar
1, 2, b1, f4, 3 into TU (must be quick for this part) jump kick into Ex TU, b2, 1.

Corner
1, 2, b1, DELAY (wait for them to fall a little) 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2 cancel into flamethrower.
(Don't mash the 1, 2, 1, 2 . . . part, just juggle them for a while.)

Sektor Tips:
Submitted by Sektorpionax-Zero:

- Sektors b4 sweep move can hit opponents in the air right before they touch the ground..can any other characters sweep move do that?

- Sektors Leg Lift Sneaky Kicks (u3 3 4) can be done by pressing b3 b4 instead of lifting into the toe stance which is slow. This is a good mix up against standing blocking opponents and can be followed by a TU for a combo

- If you want a safe TU to hit your opponent without being punished you can use the b2 move (which has a little bit of distance) to go into a TU for a combo.

- His TU is one of the best wake up attacks in the game. His EX TU is safe on block. Sektors X-ray is somewhat slow and his Meter should only be used for EXTU and Homing Missles.

Last edited:
Great job, someone suggested in some post a quote that was "No Mercy Allowed" anyway is your post lol good info

failthread.jpg

Haha! But seriously, nice thread dude. I'm reading through it now and I"m in practice mode trying stuff out. I haven't really used Sektor at all in MK9, not sure why. He's fun though.

Finally, a Sektor thread made from pure Awesomeness! Sektor is my FAVORITE Cyber character, and his Skarekrow fatality is His best yet!...Just wish they added his Famous Crusher fatality back...

Finally, a Sektor thread made from pure Awesomeness! Sektor is my FAVORITE Cyber character, and his Skarekrow fatality is His best yet!...Just wish they added his Famous Crusher fatality back...

I was always fun of sektor in 2d Games but in this game i think Cyrax is a lot better, i like him more.

Haha! But seriously, nice thread dude. I'm reading through it now and I"m in practice mode trying stuff out. I haven't really used Sektor at all in MK9, not sure why. He's fun though.

Lmao, love that image.

If I hadn't of seen your Cyrax thread, I would not have done this thread.
So thanks to you my friend.

Nice thread, been using Sektor myself, actually been going in because of the lag/people sucking at defense, but I agree he is probably better suited to long range zoning and keepaway. His punishes are nice, pretty straight forward, I always forget to go for EX teleport.

I just got a 13 hit 59% damage 2 bar combo with Cyrax and Sektor tag team. ;)

-13 Hits 59%: Start with Cyrax. Use EX homing middle tag assist. Then Forward Jump+1 2 1, EX bomb, mid bomb, uppercut, 1 2 1. Or at the end instead of 1 2 1 you can do 3 3 Ragdoll.

I can get 54% just with Cyrax but adding in the missile makes it cooler looking.

I just got a 13 hit 59% damage 2 bar combo with Cyrax and Sektor tag team. ;)

I can get 54% just with Cyrax but adding in the missile makes it cooler looking.

"Oh look what I can do with Cyrax and Sektor blah blah blah"
girlsassylarge.gif

JK, added it.

Maybe this pic should be better because its from this game but is your post.
(If you want to put it i can make the background transparent)
1697556-sektor_concept_super.jpg

Good stuff in this thread, man. I've already been using some of those tactics with success. Always looking to build my repertoire. Thanks.